Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
So... Scientology Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think scientology is the dumbest religion out there today?
  Yes.
  No.
  Who? What?
View Results

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:42 pm
Exhibit A: http://www.atheistnation.net/video/?video/00435/atheist/scientology-inside-the-church-of-scientology/

Exhibit B: http://www.atheistnation.net/video/?video/00520/atheist/panorama-scientology-and-me/

You be the judge!

(Note: Submitter thinks Scientology is a Ponzi scheme in religious garb)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:04 pm
ProjectOmicron88
The way I see it, Scientology is no different than Christianity in how incredible its claims are, so I try to treat it with the same view I do with any other religion. I figure it's open for rational debate.

Iv read up on scientology and trust me scientologists are on the mormon level of stupid. Did anyone else here know that hubbards daughter is not a scentologist but gets royaties from his books and from scientology.  

boyvirgo666

LoserKiller1793

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:46 pm
PickleBoy
Wow... I never thought someone in this guild would make me sick. Yeah... I don't agree with religions but... at least I learn a little bit about the actual religion before I go off bashing it. You can't take South Park seriously. Its a fun time, yes. But its not literal fact. I posted in this guild a thread about scientology. I took the time to go and talk to someone about it, learn about it before I started spouting about how stupid they were.

DUDE YOU SO SUCK!!!

SOUTH PARK IS ALL TRUTHFUL!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:52 pm
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pPol_m8wm8Y

That is one of the most chilling, but also humerous videos I've seen in a while...

Dark Pieman

BadLuckNovelist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:44 pm
LoserKiller1793
PickleBoy
Wow... I never thought someone in this guild would make me sick. Yeah... I don't agree with religions but... at least I learn a little bit about the actual religion before I go off bashing it. You can't take South Park seriously. Its a fun time, yes. But its not literal fact. I posted in this guild a thread about scientology. I took the time to go and talk to someone about it, learn about it before I started spouting about how stupid they were.

DUDE YOU SO SUCK!!!

SOUTH PARK IS ALL TRUTHFUL!

Dude, grow up plzkthanxbai.

I honestly cannot form a full opinion on it, due to the fact that I've not done much research about it. I have had no reason to, because I have no wish to get involved in  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:30 pm
Scientology is a joke. Period.
I respect most other religions out there but have nothing but contempt for this one. It's ridiculous, it ruins peoples lives, and it takes all the money of their members. You don't usually have to pay to get to a higher level in a religion, but in scientology you do. I don't even dignify it as a religion, it's nothing more than a scam to me.  

Lunar Falcon

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:45 pm
You know, to me Scientology is more about scamming people of thier money than anything else.

I really don't pay attention to it because I figure that eventually people will see it for what it is and steer away from it. The whole Scientology thing is a disturbing example at the very least at how easily people can be swayed to give up thier money in effort to stay on terms with the religion they chose to associate with.

You know though, it is prudent to research something before arguing against it. I don't know all that much about the whole thing. What I did know deals with them scamming people for money.

It vexes me when any group uses faith or religion to con people out of money. How can you live with yourself doing something like that?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:46 am
PickleBoy
Avoir Le Retour...
Yeah. Agreed. From what I've seen, Scientology REALLY doesn't seem that credible, (Where's the true evidence??) but I don't know enough to start bashing. Really, you have to do research.
...Les Adieux

Aaron Lee Morrison

SkeletonPhoenix

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:12 pm
The Electropsychometers are s**t the only thing they measure is how tightly your holding it. I tried it once when I was in D.C. and in a ice cream shop they had a person there doing it. So I thought why not. After they questions and stuff and they were giving me the reasons to buy the book I started to grip my hands on the rods cycling between one hand and the other. Completly by accident I griped with both hands and out of the corner of my eye I saw the needle jump. After a minute or two of playing with it the person finally noticed what I was doing and turned it off or something. After anther minute I declined her offer and when on my mery way.

Srew it I just seen those video's and now believe that the Goverment, all religions and atheism can come to an agreement. That agreement is to kill all scientologists and the eradicate all trace of that religion. It is total bull That CULT souldn't even exsist because of how retarded it is.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:48 pm
All you need to know.  

Dark Pieman

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out