Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
where is one favorite spot to do your crafts? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Little Skana

Flip-Flopper

44,900 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:23 pm
I have a spare room. I call it my craft room.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:57 pm
kochi~mochi
I have two favorite spots for crafting of the knit/crochet variety. My absolute favorite is sitting with my girlfriend at home while watching movies. Aside from that, my favorite is where people aren't expecting to see somebody knitting. In classes, waiting for a ride, in the movie theaters, during intermission of plays, at the local starbucks, walking around malls (normally smaller projects....) or where ever. I love the reactions people have, and i love having something to keep me occupied when i have nobody to keep me company, or my fingers are twitchy.

I've knit while walking at the mall, without even looking at my project...not a single strange look.  

ladyleprechaun13

Aki Yasu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:42 pm
I take my more portable projects with me so I can work on them where ever I am. Inbetween classes, on my lunchbreak, ect. If I am in a hardcore, don't-bother-me-I'm-knitting mood, I have a comfortable chair in a room that has great light and a awesome view.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:39 am
My favorite place to craft is no longer available to me... A comfy chair at It's A Grind coffee shop in Windsor, CT on saturday mornings, with my SnB group. But, alas, I moved.

My current fav place to craft is at Anime Club on friday nights or at SCA fight practice on Tuesday nights. The whole crafting at home thing rarely works for me, since something else distracts me or I get lazy. Don't know why.  

Silver Mist

FyreKou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:53 pm
I use to life to do them in my dinning room but my new Apt is to small to really do allot of my crafting stuff so I do them in the common room of my building  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:48 pm
I don't have a lot of space to craft, so usually my choice is very limited (I live in a dorm room D: ). I mostly do it in front of my computer screen, haha.  

Isabelle

9,450 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:46 pm
I like to craft while sitting on the couch and watching TV. When I made two cross-stitch designs for my dad, I'd cross-stitch while watching TV with him and he got a kick out of peeking at my work or asking to see it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:11 pm
I either do crafts while listening to the tv in a big comfy chair or on the floor under a big soft blanket while listening to my iPod. Then I can sing and craft. ^^

Great Aunt Gertrude

augusteir

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:22 pm
kinda depends, i mean when i'm spinning i have to be in the middle of science class, but knitting, is more tournement/computer thing, while sewing is whenever and whereever i take my little brats sewing machine.
different spots for different crafts.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:33 pm
I've taken to knitting in the student center during breaks between classes. I have one spot I like to go to. It's a quiet corner by a set of escalators.  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

ajazzydancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:30 pm
on the couch, in front of the tv. I love to multi task while crafting.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:48 am
If I sit in front of the television or computer while crafting, I never end up doing the crafting!(I'm not that good at multitasking) So that's why I just sit at the kitchen table. With smaller more easier projects, I will sit in the little room/storage that is under my bed. It's pretty awesome when I put my Zune on the dock and just listen to music down there while working. xd  

chibi_naa

Noxious Puppet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:30 pm
My grandparents house. My Grandmother is very good with anything yarn related, and my grandfather is amazing with tools and encourages me to construct and build all the time. I do a lot of sculpture with various items I find around the house sometimes, or building projects with him.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:27 am
Or actually, my fav spot is ......
ON THE COUCH! whille I watch tv or a movie. That's when I'm at home and not working on a project under somebody's nose.  

sonicrunner001

Fashionable Friend

9,025 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100

Titty Sprinkles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:44 pm
I like crafting in my mom's room. Her bed is huge, and it's just comfortable to do things there. I usually do my work in front of my computer, though.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff