Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Sports. Injuries. And any awesome stories. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your sport.
  Basketball
  Football
  Fútbol (soccer)
  Volleyball
  Swimming
  Track
  Tennis
  Badminton
  Anything with wheels
  Other
View Results

Wabbet

Witty Rabbit

19,525 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:25 am
roflol

I never knew instruments could be so fun.

I played saxophone as well. ; ) Mostly alto, but I did test tenor a year

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:49 pm
I didn`t ever like playing tenor. I played BARI in concert season a lot. :]

I freaked some people out because I`m so tiny and that is massive.
I`d frequently pull a heroic pose with my Bari.

Hildr

Clever Goat

Norayr
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:13 pm
Interesting stories.
Those ice injuries sure are nasty. I have an idea of how they go 'cause usually them gym floors, or the parks' concrete floor hurt like CRAZY when you slip and scrape your knee or whatever.

One time I was ice skating, and I was going faster than usual (in a public ice ring) on a surface that wasn't properly zambonied. So while going around the turn, my blade got stuck in a deep crevice in the ice, so one foot (my left) got stuck, while my right foot was turning... and I was turning LEFT.
So my left foot went into my right and I tumbled, but didn't fall yet!
While struggling to stay up, I was taking awkward steps while still going pretty fast (because both blades were still on the ice, propelling me forward). I avoided a couple people, but there was this one girl in front of me that didn't move, and I couldn't move. So I ended up crashing into her back. I hugged her because I didn't want to fall, so I ended up tackling her...
I felt so very embarrassed, needless to say.

Wabbet: Your knees? You might want to strengthen your thighs so that the muscles over there can take the strain from your knees. I know I had the same exact problem 'cause I used to fall on my knees a lot when I was a kid (during bball), and both my knees would be in so much pain later on when I played basketball. But after strengthening my quads, I don't feel any more pain.

Timmy: just 'cause you're bad at it, don't hate the sport. T.T
But then again, I don't like baseball for many reasons. One being because I can't hit the darn ball!

Poet: I... man.. heh, nice. Mow the kid over.
"I just noticed an alto saxophone player knocking down a clarinet. Good job on not stopping the show."
And that's a compliment on a job well done? How odd... I don't.. Alright. Whatever floats there boat, I guess.

By the by, I'm a castrati ninja
No Tenor or Bass, just castrati. Owie.

I think I saw a question about some muscle.. I can't find where that post went or who made it. *Goes back to check*  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:16 pm
Ah, I found you, you silly, Wabbet.
Alright, what you're referring to could be the lateral malleolus.

Not sure what the non-latinified word is. But whatevz  

Norayr
Crew

Indulge [In Words]
Crew

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:49 pm
x__P o e t

@Indulge- COLOR GUARD. I got nailed in the face with a saber. . . errr. . . three years ago? My junior year of HS. I played the sexyphone. Needless to say, I had splinters all up in my mouth.
And once, I plowed a little clarinet boy over. I mean, knocked him down. But then again, I was flying. I had sixteen counts to go 14 yards, at 120 bpm. Backwards.

. . .

Not even shitting you.
But I told him that if he didn`t move quicker during practice, I would plow him over. I did. At a contest. The judge mentioned it on the tape :: "I just noticed an alto saxophone player knocking down a clarinet. Good job on not stopping the show."

EPIC POST!

xDD;; OMG.
A saber in the face?
Ouch... I sure that probably hurt 10 times more,
since we're one of the few guards
that even bother to tape up the whole blade. ^^"
My worst drill ever was 50 yd line to the 20 yd line
in 24 counts double time. D:
I NEVER made it. Ever.

I always feel bad for band members
when I hear tales of getting hit by
Guardies, especially because my coach is
constantly telling us if the band-itos get in
our way, we're supposed to hit them. ^^"
[The band hates us because we're so much
better then them~~ HA. <3]

I love it when the judges mention individual people~
Best thing EVER-
Compeition day, and some
trumpet player comes plowing right into
me, practically sending me flying to my
next drill spot, and on the tapes, one judge is like-
"yea... and.... OH GOD! THAT GIRL!
IS SHE OKAY?! YEA, okay.... what an a*****e."
XDDDDDDD <3333

-epic, epic post-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:35 pm
I was actully going to post something about my injury, but then I was like... wait. Then I remembered this thread <3

... But anyway, so about Wednesday last week it started to ache right below my butt during P.E. O: And so I ignore it. (Bad idea) And over the weekend I had two soccer games. After the first one it wasn't to bad, so I went on and played the second one the next day. (Another bad idea) And after that one it hurts like heck. But on Monday it feels a lot better, so I just try not to do so much activity, but otherwise do nothing (The last bad idea) Then during P.E. it starts hurting again D:< So my P.E. teacher lets me off of the drills and running and such. But when I get home it's still hurting like heck, so my mom writes a parent note to my P.E. class. But parent notes only last for two days before you have to start P.E. again. So on Wednesday I go to the doctor. It turns out I pulled my hamstring D: It still hurts though. They just told me not to do any sports and told me to ice at least twice a day and take some advil.

&& I get off P.E. for two weeks. But I have to go to physical therapy :'(

KR0NiiCALLY KRiiSTEN

Flurgin Popin

Dapper Citizen

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:50 pm
x__P o e t
I didn`t ever like playing tenor. I played BARI in concert season a lot. :]

I freaked some people out because I`m so tiny and that is massive.
I`d frequently pull a heroic pose with my Bari.

Me too! I play the Bari and some people look at me kind of funny because it's so huge compared to me. I haven't injured anyone, I have only tripped over it, scraped my self and banged my pinky finger in between my mouth piece and the instrument.

Back to sports. I think I have actually injured myself, but it was really stupid. I was practicing before our league game, I was holding my bowling ball sort of relaxing on my shoulder when it slipped and twisted my fore arm which hurt.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:14 pm
Does getting your bike stuck in a tree count?

I did that when I was 11 and busted the handlebars off in the proccess of getting it out of the tree. No real injury other then falling on my a** and laughing.  

Ah! My Goddess

zomgwhee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:48 pm
i dont really play any team sports but im really good at skiing at tennis  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:16 pm
Ah! My Goddess

I did that when I was 11 and busted the handlebars off in the proccess of getting it out of the tree. No real injury other then falling on my a** and laughing.
eek
How did you even do that!?  

Norayr
Crew

Ah! My Goddess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:58 pm
Norayr
Ah! My Goddess

eek
How did you even do that!?

When I lived in Texas there were these boys in the apartment complex we lived in. They made a ramp and were trying to get thier bike in it, extreamly stupid and it wasen't as easy as they thought it would be. They had it all set up in the woodland area behind the apartments and there was actually a bmx track people made/used so everything was really un even. I had a really shitty and light bike and I wanted to be cool like them so I kept trying to get it stuck like they were. Finally mine got stuck by being caught by the back tire in the branches.

You'd have to see the whole set up to understand how it was possible.

XD  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:25 pm
Heh, you're so badass, Manda.

I remember the only time I jumped off a ramp using my bike, my butt lifted off the seat, and I moved forward with it holding onto the handlebars. The moment I landed, I didn't fall back down on the cushion, instead I landed on the bar parallel to me. Classic ball squishing moment.

And speaking of ball squishing. Today during bball, I jumped to get the rebound, got it, and then someone from behind used my body to move their's forward, and the person in front of me had his knee out ready for me to land on it, so I got sandwiched between the two and squashed my little boys down south. They ended up pretty far up north after that.
Squished egg sandwich, anyone!?

Not only that, my neck … ah whatevz. It was a fun time. I did my share of damage too.  

Norayr
Crew

V379

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:42 pm
Norayr
Heh, you're so badass, Manda.

I remember the only time I jumped off a ramp using my bike, my butt lifted off the seat, and I moved forward with it holding onto the handlebars. The moment I landed, I didn't fall back down on the cushion, instead I landed on the bar parallel to me. Classic ball squishing moment.

And speaking of ball squishing. Today during bball, I jumped to get the rebound, got it, and then someone from behind used my body to move their's forward, and the person in front of me had his knee out ready for me to land on it, so I got sandwiched between the two and squashed my little boys down south. They ended up pretty far up north after that.
Squished egg sandwich, anyone!?

Not only that, my neck … ah whatevz. It was a fun time. I did my share of damage too.

start paintballing one shot to your family jewels and you're out for a few games  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:42 pm
Indulge [In Words]
x__P o e t

@Indulge- COLOR GUARD. I got nailed in the face with a saber. . . errr. . . three years ago? My junior year of HS. I played the sexyphone. Needless to say, I had splinters all up in my mouth.
And once, I plowed a little clarinet boy over. I mean, knocked him down. But then again, I was flying. I had sixteen counts to go 14 yards, at 120 bpm. Backwards.

. . .

Not even shitting you.
But I told him that if he didn`t move quicker during practice, I would plow him over. I did. At a contest. The judge mentioned it on the tape :: "I just noticed an alto saxophone player knocking down a clarinet. Good job on not stopping the show."

EPIC POST!

xDD;; OMG.
A saber in the face?
Ouch... I sure that probably hurt 10 times more,
since we're one of the few guards
that even bother to tape up the whole blade. ^^"
My worst drill ever was 50 yd line to the 20 yd line
in 24 counts double time. D:
I NEVER made it. Ever.

I always feel bad for band members
when I hear tales of getting hit by
Guardies, especially because my coach is
constantly telling us if the band-itos get in
our way, we're supposed to hit them. ^^"
[The band hates us because we're so much
better then them~~ HA. <3]

I love it when the judges mention individual people~
Best thing EVER-
Compeition day, and some
trumpet player comes plowing right into
me, practically sending me flying to my
next drill spot, and on the tapes, one judge is like-
"yea... and.... OH GOD! THAT GIRL!
IS SHE OKAY?! YEA, okay.... what an a*****e."
XDDDDDDD <3333

-epic, epic post-

The saber was fully taped to the extreme because the girl was always hurting herself with it. And other people.
She hit one of our snare drummers in the hit with a chain flag. It pretty much knocked Brandie out.

Hildr

Clever Goat

Usagimitai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:41 pm
i don't do sports i am a computer junky  
[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items