Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Gaia Relationships- Are they stupid? Or Actually worth doing Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skarlis

Melodious Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:37 pm
I'm not really up for online relationships...I've had bad experiences with guys wanting to be my Gaia boyfriend or AIM boyfriend or whatever...I dunno. I have a knack for making friends with guys, online or off, but for some reason many feel like I'm the one for them and ick. =/

I'd rather stay friends to people online, since I LOVE kissing and hugging and that physical contact is a must to me. I'm not one to wait.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:48 pm
If it's just for fun, then "dating" on Gaia is all good.
It's also a good excuse to get couple art. ninja

But actually dating online...that's just silly and weird. P:
Kinda hard to trust someone, at least a little bit, that you've never met.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

singull

Norayr
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:50 pm
Moonlight_Bella
User Image

That's how I found the person I love..and we'll be meeting soon enough.

User Image

I've got it made, and it happened through Gaia of all places.
So I'm one to say that internet relationships work out.

You've just gotta keep your minds open to all the possibilities out there for meeting people.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:52 pm
I was completely against online relationships for a long time, and I guess it was because of the whole 'he/she could be a sixty year old person who wants to get you' or something like that. But there was another predicament that I had... you see, guys I know personally either only think of me as a friend (these are like brothers to me) and then the guys who hate my guts and think I'm the ugliest creature on earth. So when I was asked by an online friend of mine to be his girlfriend, I just gave up on part of the safety thing and accepted. There's no way I'll get a boyfriend that I can touch, so why not have one who is completely pixalated. Then he started calling me, so our relationship was moved from internet to long-distance. We have been together for almost five months , so I think we are doing very well.  

Rin Kairiu

Astral Visitor

35,565 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:05 pm
Norayr
Moonlight_Bella
User Image

User Image

You've just gotta keep your minds open to all the possibilities out there for meeting people.

Ya know, for a while i thought it was stupid too. But I've realized that some times you don't always find the "one" for you where you are, some times the one for you could be half way around the world. In some cases it actually opens up a window of opportunities for many, many people. Some times I wonder if the one for one is just a click away on gaia, ya never know. 3nodding You just happen to be one of those people that may have found the one right on the internet.

Btw, thanks PTF for sticking up for me razz Sadly english is my first language, I've just been having an off week and have done the same spelling mistake twice now. >.<

Also, a friend's mother's friend met her husband online, the first time they met in person he ended up bring a 10k diamond engagement ring with him and proposed to her when they met. They've been together for 4 years now, so I mean.. I think it's pretty cool.

As for me right now, it's more for fun because I've never done gaia dating before, the last internet relationship I had was when I was 14, which sucked, I was young and naive. And I mean, if my g/f and I don't work out (for the most part it seems we won't) then I mean.. I may pursue some of my crushs on here. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:15 pm
In some cases it may be the only way to find someone. My mom doesn't like ANY of the guys around here, and her current boyfriend is from an online relationship.
My uncle is married to someone he met in an AIM chatroom.

But I still stand by my disapproval. I don't hate them and wouldn't have one, but I'm not in favor, but I'm not indifferent if that's what you think.

Skarlis

Melodious Conversationalist

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:33 pm
Norayr
Moonlight_Bella
User Image

User Image

I called her on the phone and she touched herself...

My dear I love you both and wish you the best of luck but don't go saying they work out just like that until you've actually met and it works in person as well. I've seen them work great and I've seen them be bad and awkward from the first meet. Just be careful what you promise a person you've never been with face to face, and I'm not talking webcam. That's my advice for the both of you.

...I laughed myself to sleep.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:39 pm
s4mgir1v3rsi0n
Norayr
Moonlight_Bella
User Image

User Image

My dear I love you both and wish you the best of luck but don't go saying they work out just like that until you've actually met and it works in person as well. I've seen them work great and I've seen them be bad and awkward from the first meet. Just be careful what you promise a person you've never been with face to face, and I'm not talking webcam. That's my advice for the both of you.

User Image

Thank you Sammy, I really and deeply appreciate it. And your right, you can't always be one-hundred percent sure until we see each other face to face. But I know that I love Norayr very much and he and I were friends first before lovers and that's how you went relationships to always have, you know? At least you were friends so its not some arranged marriage thing o_o; And yet, who knows what the future holds in store for us.

User Image

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

Norayr
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:07 pm
s4mgir1v3rsi0n
Norayr
Moonlight_Bella
User Image

User Image

True, true. What I should've said was that it's a work in progress that's going well.
With all that we've been through so far, I'm just optimistic because I see it working.
Yes, being with each other physically is a must, but being able to make it work and further getting to know each other before the physical is there is just as important (regardless of how close we are physically to each other). So we'll see how it goes. And I don't see anything wrong with keeping ourselves for each other while in the process of waiting and getting to know each other.
Thank you, Sam and fujin.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:50 pm
User Image

i don't completely understand your situation xD

but, i met my bf on Gaia...it wasn't really a "Gaia Relationship" but it was our main way of communicating for a while. now we've moved to MSN, texts and phone calls, though it's too expensive to talk on the phone alot ^^;

Rebbyy

7,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:26 am
Rebel Sheep
User Image

i don't completely understand your situation xD

but, i met my bf on Gaia...it wasn't really a "Gaia Relationship" but it was our main way of communicating for a while. now we've moved to MSN, texts and phone calls, though it's too expensive to talk on the phone alot ^^;

lol not really a situation, just something i found funny that happened to me today.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:32 am
Norayr
s4mgir1v3rsi0n
Norayr
Moonlight_Bella
User Image

User Image

True, true. What I should've said was that it's a work in progress that's going well.
With all that we've been through so far, I'm just optimistic because I see it working.
Yes, being with each other physically is a must, but being able to make it work and further getting to know each other before the physical is there is just as important (regardless of how close we are physically to each other). So we'll see how it goes. And I don't see anything wrong with keeping ourselves for each other while in the process of waiting and getting to know each other.
Thank you, Sam and fujin.

I agree, being physical is important (i mean just being able to see each other in the flesh.. ) but if you can barely get along normally on the internet then i would say things are not right. I always find when I'm speaking to people I'm close with on here it's easier to bare my soul, so to speak. So I'm glad you have found someone you feel so comfortable with, hell I believe you two will be just fine when you meet.
I think it all depends on the people and how much effort you're willing to put into the relationship in order to make it work over the internet until you can meet. If you can keep serious and put your all into it then I believe things can work out just fine.  

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

pxxn

Original Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:06 am
Gaia relationship as in couples are stupid. unless you guys know each other in real life. Or if this is just for gaia fun then whatever thats cool.
Personally any internet relation is stupid. you don't even know if you actually talking to a 40 year old male. So be careful you never know what kind of pervs are out there. > >

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:59 am
pxxn
Gaia relationship as in couples are stupid. unless you guys know each other in real life. Or if this is just for gaia fun then whatever thats cool.
Personally any internet relation is stupid. you don't even know if you actually talking to a 40 year old male. So be careful you never know what kind of pervs are out there. > >
User Image

sssshhhh...

as long as you're sure, i don't see anything wrong with it...duh xD it'd be weird if i did

Rebbyy

7,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:04 am

Mmhmm, for the record when I talk about the physical in a relationship being important I'm not talking about sex necessarily. But just to be able to reach out and touch them is a must for me. Also, cuddles make the f*cking world go round. I swear haha. Just laying there in his arms is pretty much the most relaxing thing in the world to me. Also just being able to do simple things like hang out, go places together etc. It would drive me crazy to be in a relationship and not be able to do that at all.

[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces