Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Pluto's not a planet anymore o.O -growls at scientists- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How should this be solved?
  Ignore the scientists. They don't know what they're saying.
  Attack the negaverse...they MUST be behind this!
  Agree with the decision XP
  Pig out, Serena style XD. Depression makes you hungry!
View Results

-Sailor Spira-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:45 am
Ryuondo
-Sailor Spira-
Ryuondo
-Sailor Spira-
Ryuondo
Pluto's only been downgraded to a Dwarf Planet. It's because it and it's moon are about the size of the US is wide when placed side by side. It's still a planet, just a new classification.

I thought it was because they found 2 more and they couldn't classify them as planets so they had to down grade Pluto to a Dawarf planet with what ever them named the other two because it was in the same classification of some sort of scientificy thingy.

Scientists have found 44 dwarf planets, this includes some comets and asteroids, in the Kaiper Belt. Mind you, if it's big enough to be considered a dwarf planet, that's a big freaking hunk of ice and rock. Again it's still a planet, just a dwarf planet. Before everything that orbited a star was a planet. Now, after being redefined, it has to have been formed under it's own gravity and has to dominate it's neighbors. Pluto's largest moon, Charon, is half it's size. Again, both Pluto and Charon side by side are roughly the distance across the US. So in planetary terms, they are tiny.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/08/060824-pluto-planet.html

So there are a few more than I thought. Thanks for informing me. biggrin

No prob. Astronomy is a neat subject. As is most science.

I'm not so scientificly minded (not that you could tell) so i'm glad someone around here is to keep us on track about scientificy thingys and the like.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:57 pm
-Sailor Spira-
Ryuondo
-Sailor Spira-
Ryuondo
-Sailor Spira-
Ryuondo
Pluto's only been downgraded to a Dwarf Planet. It's because it and it's moon are about the size of the US is wide when placed side by side. It's still a planet, just a new classification.

I thought it was because they found 2 more and they couldn't classify them as planets so they had to down grade Pluto to a Dawarf planet with what ever them named the other two because it was in the same classification of some sort of scientificy thingy.

Scientists have found 44 dwarf planets, this includes some comets and asteroids, in the Kaiper Belt. Mind you, if it's big enough to be considered a dwarf planet, that's a big freaking hunk of ice and rock. Again it's still a planet, just a dwarf planet. Before everything that orbited a star was a planet. Now, after being redefined, it has to have been formed under it's own gravity and has to dominate it's neighbors. Pluto's largest moon, Charon, is half it's size. Again, both Pluto and Charon side by side are roughly the distance across the US. So in planetary terms, they are tiny.

I'm not so scientificly minded (not that you could tell) so i'm glad someone around here is to keep us on track about scientificy thingys and the like.

I just find it all fun to try and keep up with new scientific finds. It's also fun tying things together using one's knowledge on a subject. At the moment I was pondering why the new guardians for ChibiUsa are named the way they are.  

Ryuondo

-Sailor Spira-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:07 am
Ryuondo
-Sailor Spira-
Ryuondo
-Sailor Spira-
Ryuondo

I just find it all fun to try and keep up with new scientific finds. It's also fun tying things together using one's knowledge on a subject. At the moment I was pondering why the new guardians for ChibiUsa are named the way they are.

Fell free to share your theories with us. This guild is the place to do it, and I for one am interested to hear your theories.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:38 am
Poor Pluto... Scientists nuts... well not really... makes sense why they took it out as a planet, but it drives a couple of us crazy to all extent. After all youre changing somehting that had people curious about... and sailor moon addicts crazy about, and a sailor scout from there  

FantasyFollower

-L-IM A LOSER

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:06 pm
It's an interesting discovery for science. It's pretty crazy cuz we all grew up thinking that Pluto was indeed an actual planet! So ya it was a total mind blow for me. But... at the same time, it's like "UP URS SCIENTISTS" you don't know what ur talking about, and ya the negaverse has got to be behind this!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:47 pm
My science teacher was not at all impressed because she had the bottom year seven class and she had to go back to the Solar System topic and re-teach them that Pluto was infact not a planet but a dwarf planet. I didn't envy her at all.  

Mad_Moosehead

Siren of Saturn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:45 pm
sosnoel
I got soo mad at those scientists.
I mean.. come on! It wouldn't be Sailor Moon without Pluto..
Who would be Chibiusa's friend?

SAILOR PLUTO IS MY FAVORITE SCOUT OF ALL ETERNITY!

crying The world can get very cruel..

sailor saturn! 3nodding xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:02 pm
KanitaDoyle
This is me mouring for the fact that scientist have officially claimed that Pluto is not a planet anymore T.T

Well, actually they made the announcement ages ago...but it's new news for me. AND NOT THE GOOD KIND!

~Uses tiara to attack whoever decided this~

My uncle works for NASA. He's ignoring what the scientist said.

Here's why I'm still calling Pluto a planet:

My mom pointed out that Pluto cannot possibly be as small as we've been told, since we can see Pluto from Earth.

You can't see "tiny" planets from here without the use of a super telescope, yet Pluto is visable with any cereal box telescope.

What this so called "scientist" needs to learn is the difference between "very very small" and "very very far away".

If Pluto is visable from here, then that means it's still big enough to be called a planet. Besides, Pluto's moon Chairon is several meters smaller than Pluto. Whatever's bigger than a moon and follows a specific orbit is a planet. Case closed.

What really should concern you is the fact that Saturn's gravitational pull is pulling some of Neptune's moons into Saturn's orbit, and is thus pulling Pluto and Chairon closer to itself, past Neptune.  

Codename Sailor Earth

Codename Sailor Earth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:05 pm
P.S. Pluto is still a Sailor Senshi. Not all Senshi have their own planets.

Ever hear of planet Aluminum Siren?

Earth has only ONE moon, yet we have Sailor Moon, Sailor Chibi Moon, Sailor Chibi Chibi Moon and Sailor Parallel Moon. That's an extra three moons for lil' ol' Earth.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:25 am
Ryuondo
-Sailor Spira-
Ryuondo
-Sailor Spira-
Ryuondo

Here Here, I am also an astronomy geek myself. But yeah, so sad that pluto was downgraded to dwarfism. Dwarf are people too ya know!  

sonicrunner001

Fashionable Friend

9,025 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100

ElladanKenet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:09 pm
Look on the brightside. They did discover a new rock that's bigger than Pluto:

Presenting, Sailor Eris >< Woo!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:43 am
sonicrunner001
Ryuondo
-Sailor Spira-
Ryuondo
-Sailor Spira-
Ryuondo

Here Here, I am also an astronomy geek myself. But yeah, so sad that pluto was downgraded to dwarfism. Dwarf are people too ya know!

so many people like science... and are good at it! T-T science is my worst subject... i got a B+ last semester... my mom yelled at me... T-T  

orphics

Luna Goldenheart

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:00 pm
Yeah, im not a science geek either,
i got 3/10 in one of my assignments and My mum was so pissed off at me  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:03 pm
Codename Sailor Earth
P.S. Pluto is still a Sailor Senshi. Not all Senshi have their own planets.

Ever hear of planet Aluminum Siren?

Earth has only ONE moon, yet we have Sailor Moon, Sailor Chibi Moon, Sailor Chibi Chibi Moon and Sailor Parallel Moon. That's an extra three moons for lil' ol' Earth.

Well said!  

Lil Cutie Cubana

kittykat0605

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:59 am
well pluto relly isent a planet but sailor pluto will still live on!  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff