Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
So......I'm under a tornado watch. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tornadoes---Ever seen one?
  Yes
  No
  Calm down, Tyranny...you'll be fiiiiine. -hands a cookie-
View Results

TDGsuperfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:26 pm
I was in tornado watch couple months ago - i wasnt freaked cause in Idaho... im not sure if a tornado is possible

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:29 pm
Everything that you wanted I have done. You asked that child be taken, I took him. You cowered before me and I was frightening.

A tornado watch in Idaho?

I'd be freaked about that, since it's really up north. o_o

I have reordered time, I have turned the world upside down, and I have done it all for you! I am exhausted from living up to your expectations of me. Isn't that generous?

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

x Sasami

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:31 pm
User Image
[[ We had a tornado in my town in Illinois.

It passed right over while we were in school, but some kids were a total nervous wreck, because everyone could even see the funnel cloud over a field nearby the school. D;

Tornadoes always pass right over us, though. There hasn't actually ever been one that touched down in, like, forever.
]]

Τί χρώμα είναι αγάπη;
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:36 pm
Your eyes can be so cruel...

Sasami- If I went to your school, I'd probably be one of the freaked out ones. D;

The weather report says the nearest Tornado to form would be in Floyd, Indiana, so It's relieving my stress a little. I won't be A-okay until the watch expires and stays expired, and the skies are blue tomorrow.

...just as I can be so cruel...

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

Dazily

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:55 pm
Here in Idaho we never get tornadoes.

/:

Like.... ever.
Sure there may be a warning, though I have never heard about any...

But hit by tornadoes?
Na-uh.

It's probably thanks to out lovely mountain protection.

xD;

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:59 pm

Manamii - That's what I loved about Vegas. We were protected on all four sides by mountains, so we only had bad thunderstorms that produced flash flooding.

The ONLY time I even remember Sin City being under a Tornado watch was when I was in fourth grade and there was a funnel cloud over McCarran Int'l.
It only Hailed then.

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

x3 thisismysn x3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:02 pm
I live in Maine.

In the springtime, there is a ton of mud.
& because I live in a lake-y area, it floods all the time.

In the winter, there is either tons of ice or snow. & I freeze my bum off walking up the driveway.

In summer, it's really, really hot & humid.

& in fall, it's either really hot, or freezing cold.

We only get tornados once every few years. They're really pretty rare.
Same with Earthquakes.
Sometimes we get rain from Hurricanes though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:31 pm
I live in Iowa, so we get tornados about once a year where I live. I still find it kind of scary. When I see the warnings on TV, my parents and I yell, "Everyone, to the basement!!". Then I grab my cats and dogs and lock us in the windowless room.  

Lady Dionish

Baka Choy

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:40 pm
i live in california.. we may not have tornadoes or hurricanes or other disasters but we i live in california witch has a lot of earthquakes... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:41 pm
Everything that you wanted I have done. You asked that child be taken, I took him. You cowered before me and I was frightening.

I don't have a basement.

._.

We're locking me, mom, sister, dog, and three kittens up in our...7x2 sq ft bathroom. ._.;;
luckily, the nasty cell died....so we're only going to get the tail end of it. @_@

My heart keeps jumping in my throat whenever I hear loud sounds. DX

I have reordered time, I have turned the world upside down, and I have done it all for you! I am exhausted from living up to your expectations of me. Isn't that generous?

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

VampireWolfcub

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:52 pm
We have tornado watches and warnings all the time where I live, but the majority of the time, not alot happens!
Once or twice, there will be one that touches down for a few seconds....most likely through a field or farm-land, and then goes right back up. And then, maybe once every couple years, there is ONE large tornado that takes out a neighborhood or small town...but those are pretty rare and it has to be a damn big storm to even try to make one of those~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh oh! A few years ago, my friend and I were sword-fighting with umbrellas [YES, umbrellas! cool ] outside on my driveway when my dad came out and yelled that there was a tornado. It was passing by slowly on the feild down the street.[Could see the WHOLE THING] It was pretty awesome~ xd rofl
There wasn't even the slightest bit of damage, it was strange~

A tornado has jumped over my school before as well, no damage. They are so unpredictable.
=P
I really wouldn't worry too much unless large tornados are notorious to your area....other then that, it's not too much to worry about!
=]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:00 pm

I think they're evil.

Well, it looks like we're not going to get hit for now.

The cell broke apart and now is a t-storm warning

Watch continues till 5am though. DX

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

zomgwhee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:01 pm
We just have lots and lots of rain.....

we have wind warnings and this one wind storm took out a forest...

and there are blizzards and falling rocks just north of here.

I love blizzards at night on the highway its soo preatty^^  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:14 pm

Whee- I can't wait for it to snow.
I want to see actual snow on the ground.

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

beyond absolute

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:13 pm
Wow, sucks for you guys. o___o
I live in Central Jersey, where we've got no natural disasters coming by us, and since it's temperate...  
[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff