Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Who's Your Favorite President? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Hallowed Mouse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:25 pm
Necroscape
[Ish-Kabibble]
People at my school badger me for this, but I like Andrew Jackson. I've read two biographies about him and I've fallen in love with his character. He was hard-working, patriotic, clever and he's on the twenty dollar bill. =D Many people hold the "Trail of Tears" thing against him, but he was really only looking out for the well-being of the Americans living near Indian territory. He never knew the winter would be so harsh that many would die. Some even thought he hated Indians, but people rarely hear how he adopted a Creek baby during the battle of Horseshoe bend. :[ Over all, he seems like a person I wish I had the chance to know.

Ish, I don't want to alarm you but I think I've fallen in love with you. You political views have amazed me and this has just sealed the deal. I got onto this thread to post my favorite president, and imagine my surprise when I found someone who agreed with me. Most people wouldn't even consider Andrew Jackson but he was an incredible man and president. He believed firmly in the people and the states.

Something to munch on:
Andrew Jackson was in a duel and knew he wasn't a very good shot so he decided he'd shoot second so he wouldn't have to rush his shot. His opponent shot him in the chest. Andrew Jackson put his hand over the wound, fires, kills the man. Tough. As. Nails.

... stole the words out of my mind domokun  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:00 pm
Necroscape
[Ish-Kabibble]
People at my school badger me for this, but I like Andrew Jackson. I've read two biographies about him and I've fallen in love with his character. He was hard-working, patriotic, clever and he's on the twenty dollar bill. =D Many people hold the "Trail of Tears" thing against him, but he was really only looking out for the well-being of the Americans living near Indian territory. He never knew the winter would be so harsh that many would die. Some even thought he hated Indians, but people rarely hear how he adopted a Creek baby during the battle of Horseshoe bend. :[ Over all, he seems like a person I wish I had the chance to know.

Ish, I don't want to alarm you but I think I've fallen in love with you. You political views have amazed me and this has just sealed the deal. I got onto this thread to post my favorite president, and imagine my surprise when I found someone who agreed with me. Most people wouldn't even consider Andrew Jackson but he was an incredible man and president. He believed firmly in the people and the states.

Something to munch on:
Andrew Jackson was in a duel and knew he wasn't a very good shot so he decided he'd shoot second so he wouldn't have to rush his shot. His opponent shot him in the chest. Andrew Jackson put his hand over the wound, fires, kills the man. Tough. As. Nails.

He was a good one! About the Trail of Tears thing- every president will have something in their presidency that people don't like. I think that they will get over it in time, though it won't be soon. I live in Oklahoma and there are a fair amount of Native Americans that where in my classes when we learned about the Trail of Tears. Talk about a class full of boo's and hisses... They refused to admit that he ever did anything good for the country in his entire lifetime. It boggles the mind...  

Kobeyashi Maru

4,050 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Twizted Humanitarian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:19 am
I like Lincoln, he robbed the south during the civil war.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:42 am
Twizted Humanitarian

Lol, Yeah, I pretty much think every likes him except the KKK and other racist, white supremist, pro-slavery people.  

The Hallowed Mouse

Garrett31212

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:39 am
I'd have to go with Reagan.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:47 pm
Reagan without a second thought  

XcoldhandsX

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100

XcoldhandsX

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:53 pm
The Hallowed Mouse
Twizted Humanitarian

Lol, Yeah, I pretty much think every likes him except the KKK and other racist, white supremist, pro-slavery people.

I like lincoln too but what I dont like is when people assume the civil war was only about slavery when really almost none of the south's soldiers even owned slaves.
Oh yeah and btw watch Gods & Generals it's long as hell but it will give you a good idea of what both sides thought (because no offense, and please don't think i am racist because I am not at all) because honestly the North over vilified the south. Also Gods & Generals has some really intense battle seens in it (dont watch it if you arn't for bloody movie scenes cuz ithe battle scenes are semi bloody and it shows the terribly wounded soldiers in the medic area after the battles too)  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:27 pm
Ronald Reagen

Abraham Lincoln

Teddy Roosevelt

Ike Eisenhower  

DanskiWolf

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:49 am
Chester A. Arthur.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:28 pm
i may get critisizem but my fav is Bush
i mean honestly the only thing he really did wrong was lisen to the democrats, you wont hear it on the news but its true. he made the rite choices based on the information at hand, and he pushed the surge force which ended up working perfectly. and if you really wanna know the truth it was a comitte that dint convers with the generals in iraq that ended up making the wrong choices in iraq...  

Nyxs_Ace

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:43 am
Won't hear any criticism from me, I liked Bush.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:31 pm
FDR - He dealt with a lot of problems; The Great Depression, WWII, and Polio, and managed to keep our country in order, and fix the problems.
is expecting that Lord Bitememan will comment against FDR for saying this XD  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:33 pm
No, I won't criticise the manner in which he handled WWII or his polio. I just disagree about the extent of the effect he had on fixing the Great Depression. I wouldn't say anything bad about a man responsible for stomping so many fascists.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:17 pm
George Washington  

PhoenixFire1987

Nathan Galvan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:27 pm
For me, either Reagan or Lincoln. They both performed outstandingly in difficult times.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff