Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Study (Research)
Astral projection - OBE Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is this subject already familiar to you?
Yes, I have heard of this.
97%
 97%  [ 37 ]
Never heard before.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
I don't care. I don't believe it.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 38

Xane_Shadowheart

4,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:16 pm
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a silver chord and should I know more about it before trying further to separate my mind and body for an obe?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:10 pm
Obscurus
Taigamma
Obscurus
Taigamma
I did not see this answered anywhere so bare with me if it was.

Is it possible to interact with the physical world while in your astral form?

Some say yes, some say no is my understanding of it. It's mostly to the effect of someone that's awake being able to see your astral form but it could go deeper than that.

It is my belief that there has to be more. All this power comes from the same source and the astral body is the purest of this source. Thus the astral body most likely has access to these abilities.

I also wonder of the effects and possiblity of a practitioner breaking their silver chord.

I think that the astral body might be too divorced from the material world to interact with it very deeply. At least directly. There's always the possibility of vicarious interaction.

Some projectors don't even report seeing a silver cord. I've never seen one in my few accidental jaunts out of body but I've never really been looking.
This is some kind of blasphemy against me I swear. Every time I come up with an idea of "how", the world throws me a "how about no".  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:12 pm
Xane_Shadowheart
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a silver chord and should I know more about it before trying further to separate my mind and body for an obe?
Not really. The "silver cord" is said to be this thread that keeps you connected to your physical body with in astral form. Not too many speak of seeing one yet very few do not speak of it at all. If you get my meaning.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:15 pm
Taigamma
Obscurus
Taigamma
Obscurus
Taigamma

Some say yes, some say no is my understanding of it. It's mostly to the effect of someone that's awake being able to see your astral form but it could go deeper than that.

It is my belief that there has to be more. All this power comes from the same source and the astral body is the purest of this source. Thus the astral body most likely has access to these abilities.

I also wonder of the effects and possiblity of a practitioner breaking their silver chord.

I think that the astral body might be too divorced from the material world to interact with it very deeply. At least directly. There's always the possibility of vicarious interaction.

Some projectors don't even report seeing a silver cord. I've never seen one in my few accidental jaunts out of body but I've never really been looking.
This is some kind of blasphemy against me I swear. Every time I come up with an idea of "how", the world throws me a "how about no".

I'll always encourage you to try, I'm just giving my thoughts on the matter. If it were that easy everyone would be doing it, in a sense.

There's always astral magic though.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:55 pm
Obscurus
Taigamma
Obscurus
Taigamma
Obscurus
Taigamma

I'll always encourage you to try, I'm just giving my thoughts on the matter. If it were that easy everyone would be doing it, in a sense.

Isn't that emotion based? XD  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:58 pm
Taigamma
Obscurus
Taigamma
Obscurus
Taigamma

Astral magic? Kind of depends on your view of magic. Some people feel that all magic is emotion-based.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:03 pm
Obscurus
Taigamma
Obscurus
Taigamma
Obscurus
Taigamma

Astral magic? Kind of depends on your view of magic. Some people feel that all magic is emotion-based.
Then me and magic can't be friends. XD

Besides that, I don't like the idea of chants and hymns to unknown forces to create desired effects. I've seen some of those spells. Too ritualistic. All the candles and special items just for a spell that might go wrong because I'm not portraying the right emotion at the time or my affinity is off.

Just too many variables. Lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:48 pm
Taigamma
Obscurus
Taigamma
Obscurus
Taigamma

Besides that, I don't like the idea of chants and hymns to unknown forces to create desired effects. I've seen some of those spells. Too ritualistic. All the candles and special items just for a spell that might go wrong because I'm not portraying the right emotion at the time or my affinity is off.

I used to feel this way. It's really not that scary.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:17 pm
Obscurus
Taigamma
Obscurus
Taigamma
Obscurus
Taigamma

Oh, I'm sure. I only believe half of magic, but it still seems like too much work to get something going.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:44 pm
Taigamma
Obscurus
Taigamma
Obscurus
Taigamma

Oh, I'm sure. I only believe half of magic, but it still seems like too much work to get something going.

I used to think this as well. However, this logic is something to the effect of attempting to move a mountain by yourself. You can do it a stone or shovelful at a time and that may be very gratifying and rewarding.

Or you can get earth moving machines, people that can operate them, and instruct them in what you want done. This seems like a lot of work if all you're doing is smoothing out a compost heap or something but if it's a literal mountain you sometimes just have to use tools to get the job done. Magic may seem like a lot of effort and a lot of relying on outside influences but it typically works a lot better than trying to do everything yourself.

That's just my take on it though. There are some things only you can do. For other times there are tools and allies.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:02 pm
Obscurus
Taigamma
Obscurus
Taigamma
Obscurus
Taigamma

I used to think this as well. However, this logic is something to the effect of attempting to move a mountain by yourself. You can do it a stone or shovelful at a time and that may be very gratifying and rewarding.

Or you can get earth moving machines, people that can operate them, and instruct them in what you want done. This seems like a lot of work if all you're doing is smoothing out a compost heap or something but if it's a literal mountain you sometimes just have to use tools to get the job done. Magic may seem like a lot of effort and a lot of relying on outside influences but it typically works a lot better than trying to do everything yourself.

That's just my take on it though. There are some things only you can do. For other times there are tools and allies.
So true. Sometimes it must pay to be a god.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:47 am
Hmmm... i've experienced this before. Someone i knew helped me through it. 4laugh it's kinda a scary feeling but amazing at the same time.

hmmm..i should practice this... again...

ah, when i can eventually.. =)

I remember a dream concerning this that felt so real... mmmm...

whee  

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
The Study (Research)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash