Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
Parents Dont Accept Me Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Parents?Love or Hate
  Not Accepted and Left Out...
  They Love Me A Lot!!!
View Results

LonelyEmo20

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:14 am
My mom and dad luv me no matter what, but my clothes and blue & black hair questions them and they're afraid i'll be a social outcast like in high school... But i've made a lot of friends here while in college and they're all emo and goth too.

I haven't told them that i'm bisexual either, so i'm scared that'll make things worse... sad  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:31 am
HunterXHeartless
It really makes me sad cause my parents are the ones that are supposed to support.Am i right.I have two families and neither of them like me.At my dad's side i get blamed for everything,like if my brother cusses,"oh hunter taught him that"...it makes me not wanna go over there anymore at all,but i still love them.I guess its like Three Days Grace-I Hate Everything About You...and on my mom's side they are too protective.They are scared to let me go to local concerts like Darkslide...anyone else have these problems?

I have protective parents too. I'm not allowed out of my street without a responsible adult or strict rules. Like I used to be able to go with my friends to the den they made in the tiny forest outside my street but only if I was back by a certain time and I brought my phone just in case. Now I'm not allowed there at all! It's not fair coz I asked my dad why they banned me from going and he said he didn't need a reason. He just wanted me to stop going and stay in the street! How unfair stare  

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:00 am
Hosoi-Chan_Angel
HunterXHeartless
It really makes me sad cause my parents are the ones that are supposed to support.Am i right.I have two families and neither of them like me.At my dad's side i get blamed for everything,like if my brother cusses,"oh hunter taught him that"...it makes me not wanna go over there anymore at all,but i still love them.I guess its like Three Days Grace-I Hate Everything About You...and on my mom's side they are too protective.They are scared to let me go to local concerts like Darkslide...anyone else have these problems?

I have protective parents too. I'm not allowed out of my street without a responsible adult or strict rules. Like I used to be able to go with my friends to the den they made in the tiny forest outside my street but only if I was back by a certain time and I brought my phone just in case. Now I'm not allowed there at all! It's not fair coz I asked my dad why they banned me from going and he said he didn't need a reason. He just wanted me to stop going and stay in the street! How unfair stare

Its all part of this nanny culture the scare tactics of the news has instilled in the easily led.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:08 am
Sucks man, but all in a you're just 13. When I was 13 I couldn't even think of asking to go to a show. I have to come home at 8 or 9 and my bed time was like 10.

Now I'm 20 can go to any show I feel like, stay up till I do get sleepy and so on.

You're mom however will always be protective, mine told me there's no way I'm driving 4 hours to my girl friend mostly because I just started.

Getting blamed? I got 3 younger kids in my house, what happens if one gets hurt I get blamed, even if it would have been imposable for me to stop it.

You're family sounds normal enough.  

Art Payment

TotalVegan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:23 pm
It feels like I'm left out in my family. Whenever I walk into a room that they are in they'll just stare. I hate that.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:40 pm
Meh, I have a really, really mean, sarcastic, close minded grandmother, and a recently alcoholic, know it all, oblivious grandfather.
I live with my grandparents. My grandmother is mean to the point of what alot of people would consider abuse, but she thinks just because she is nice once in awhile and give's me bud or so once a few weeks that it makes up for it.
Grandfather has the gall to say I am spoiled, just because I have my own money and I bought all my own stuff, without their damn help.
Just because I worked my a** of and bought a 360, and later on a Wii, he considers me spoiled, but he seems to forget that I only ask for 5$ a month or so for school dances, that's all.
He also lies his a** of too me because he's a goverment brain washed drone.
And with him being so gun-ho against drugs and the like, I still decided on my own, at a young age, to experiment. And I'm glad I decided too, I can't handle my grandmother otherwise. Though I don't use it as a crutch, but as a mind expanding tool, with the occasional use for recreation.
I'm a whole lot more mature for the whole experience though, so it's not all bad.
Hell, I'm alot healthier because of my drug use, just not for the drinking and smoking.
Smoking weed though has done wonders for my health.
Protects from cancer, improves eye sight, protects from glaucoma, anoerexia, and so on.
My insomnia is treated very well due to pot, aswell.

Dont Fear Reaper

neysita

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:22 am
As a parent myself I totally get the protective thing. One gets very attached to their children, you can't understand it until you have a child of your own. However, when the teenage years hit it's usually time to start cutting the cord a bit.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:12 pm
Eri Luvs You
I kind of understand what you mean.
My parents are still together but all my life my parents have tried to keep me in a sheltered life.
I didnt have much of a childhood and now that Im in college Im starting to experience these things I never really was able to do.
In high school I wasnt able to really do anything and I hated my parents for never lettign me do what I want.
Even today they still hold me with an iron fist. (I live at home cuz we cant afford a dorm).
They dont like that I dont enjoy math or school and that I like playing music and arts more.
They want me to be a business woman and make lots of money but thats not who I am.
Sooo...all I want to say really is that you arent really alone. Just done let your frustration lead to drugs and other bad things because it never did me any good except feeling guilty in college.
...drinking is ok to an extent though...just not drugs.
Haha.
Hang in tight, things will look up around college time. I can almost promise that.

I know what you mean. I'm 13 and yet already since I was bout 6 I've been a total freak and countlessly made a prat of myself. As soon as I turned 13 it got even harder and now every day I'm super depressed (altho I still don't wanna commit suicide) so now evry time my mum asks me what's wrongI tell her how my life has reached the value equal to a pile of crap, and all she says is things like "Stop feeling sorry for yourself!" or "Stop being so stupid!" She thinks it's all an act and blames it on stuff that I see on TV & the internet & things my friends tell me. I might aswell just be homeschooled and shut away from civilization completely! So now I'm at my last resort. The only way she will realise is if she catches me hurting myself. I now have small cuts and scratches down the side of my left wrist. Please don't critisize about my methods it's just the only thing I haven't done. emo  

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

Shallow_Eyes_Broken_Heart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:26 pm
Gar, I'm sorry about that....=( Rejection is ever so painful.

I don't know about my parents, me and my dad are eternal best friends.
I love him so much, I'm a daddy's girl. xD But he's always gone,
working...=(
My mom and I are from totally different galaxies. Most
of the time I honestly question whether she really likes me at all.
She's always mad about something, and ends up getting mad at me.
She has absolutely no idea how much she's hurt me. I'm wallowing in
a freakin' pit of pain, and yet she stares right through me...
and she treats me like I'm an idiot. She talks to me like people talk
to little five year olds. Sometimes when I am assigned to read something,
she insists on reading it outloud for me. It ticks me off because at
every single half of a sentence, she pauses. At the end of the sentence,
she looks up at me for a long moment as if she's giving me time
to think about what she just said, and figure it out. =P
Most of the time there's some sort of tension between us, and I feel a bit
rejected, in a way. But, like my best friend told me, once I'm 18,
I'll never have to live with my mother ever again...which is a comforting
thought, for me. I mean, I love my mom, but I'll be glad
the day I get away from her.
Well, all I'm going to say is just hang tight. Things will get better
eventually. Even when they look like they won't, someday they will.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:23 am
HunterxHeartless:

Just talk to your Dad if he is bugging you. Pick a time when he isn't in a pissy mood and come up with a compromise that suits both you and him. Talking allways makes things easier. Well, if done in a calm and mature manner.

The concert thing: I'm 16 and still not allowed to go gigs without my brother or an adult, so I think that is just general parental concern for your safety.  

Ihavepurplewings

HunterXHeartless

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:44 pm
I love gaia... crying
Anywayz lotz is better now...i understand why my parents dont let me do certain things.I mean,sometimes i get angry as fu*k...and sometimes i go over it for something stupid.I mean i cry a lot and more.I have stopped cutting myself since i started gaia,and idk...i dont know how to thank everyone.
Wait..i think i do...here it goes....
THANK YOU.
heart  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:37 pm
dude that's life for ya, you come into this world cold crying covered in blood, and then you live a miserable life mostly alone and then you go out the same way you came into this world cold crying and covered in blood  

Niko Bleau

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:06 pm
Niko Bleau
dude that's life for ya, you come into this world cold crying covered in blood, and then you live a miserable life mostly alone and then you go out the same way you came into this world cold crying and covered in blood

You've been listening to too much Good Charlotte. So negative.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:57 pm
[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Niko Bleau

You've been listening to too much Good Charlotte. So negative.

Tell me about it, what about those of us, who enter this world, with a cigar and looking down the nurses top, lead an action packed, fun filled chaotic life to the fullest and leave this world in a crash involving a super sonic jet and trying to remove a 17 year olds bra with you're teeth aged 193?  

Rellik San
Captain

Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas