Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
The differences between the manga and the anime Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:14 pm
Magical Girl Yossy

I haven't read or watched any of Sailor Moon since I was a kid,
but just recently I was getting ready to draw some fan art of Helios
when a thought struck me.

Does the Pegasus ever appear in his human form (Helios) in the anime?
Do they even refer to him as Helios, or is he just named Pegasus?

These questions came to me as I was searching for references,
and was only able to find scans of the manga
but no scenes from the anime.

Yes. Although I wasnb't really impressed with SuperS, Pegasus did become Human and his Human name was Helios.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:38 pm
Princess Makoto Kino
I didn't know Beryl and Mamoru were betrothed , I guess I never got to read that one or that Usagi didn't have a father ,although it makes sense.

You don't find out about Usagis' lack of a father until the Stars manga series where Sailor Cosmos explains Princess Serenitys' birth to Usagi. It seems me that it explains alot about her. I mean in the Sailor Moon universe it's obvious that reincarnation is the order of things in terms of the afterlife and the way reincarnation goes is that a soul gains and learns more with every incarnation in life and grows wiser. Usagis' character is defined by her incredibly trusting nature, absolute faith, sensitive feelings and childlike joy in every new experience. The fact that her soul has only had one reincarnation may explain how she acts and reacts to some things and why she is so very sensitive. This is all speculation though.

As for the whole betrothed thing, I remember it being mentioned just once, in one panel, but I forget if it was something Beryl said or if it was in a Silver Millenium flashback. My memory could be faulty though.

...I R geek! xd

Lots of good stuff in manga. One picture is of each scout being held by a general, Zoicite is MALE btw, not being smarmy it's just that some people don't realize this because the english anime makes him female and in one set of panels the scouts go to earth to pick up the Princess and meet up with Endymions guards when they find the happy couple. Malachite (did I spell that right???) teases the Scouts about their princess being a handful and Venus blushes furiously which may indicate possible romantic possibilities between the Scouts and the Generals. There's loads of fanfiction about that.

In the manga too Helios is actually a Priest of the Earth and protects it from invasion from ... something... evil from other dimensions I think or maybe the Golden Crystal but then Mamoru holds that, curses I forgot for sure! I do know for a fact though that he has his own temple and everything, kind of like how Sailor Pluto guards the gate of time.  

yamisukui

FantasyFollower

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:35 am
Wow, I guess I'm way behind! I saw Sailor Moon years ago, I think I saw 4 seasons, but I dont remeber much. Anyway I haven't read any manga, so I guess I never knew how these things change  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:56 am
yamisukui
Princess Makoto Kino
I didn't know Beryl and Mamoru were betrothed , I guess I never got to read that one or that Usagi didn't have a father ,although it makes sense.

You don't find out about Usagis' lack of a father until the Stars manga series where Sailor Cosmos explains Princess Serenitys' birth to Usagi. It seems me that it explains alot about her. I mean in the Sailor Moon universe it's obvious that reincarnation is the order of things in terms of the afterlife and the way reincarnation goes is that a soul gains and learns more with every incarnation in life and grows wiser. Usagis' character is defined by her incredibly trusting nature, absolute faith, sensitive feelings and childlike joy in every new experience. The fact that her soul has only had one reincarnation may explain how she acts and reacts to some things and why she is so very sensitive. This is all speculation though.

As for the whole betrothed thing, I remember it being mentioned just once, in one panel, but I forget if it was something Beryl said or if it was in a Silver Millenium flashback. My memory could be faulty though.

...I R geek! xd

Lots of good stuff in manga. One picture is of each scout being held by a general, Zoicite is MALE btw, not being smarmy it's just that some people don't realize this because the english anime makes him female and in one set of panels the scouts go to earth to pick up the Princess and meet up with Endymions guards when they find the happy couple. Malachite (did I spell that right???) teases the Scouts about their princess being a handful and Venus blushes furiously which may indicate possible romantic possibilities between the Scouts and the Generals. There's loads of fanfiction about that.

In the manga too Helios is actually a Priest of the Earth and protects it from invasion from ... something... evil from other dimensions I think or maybe the Golden Crystal but then Mamoru holds that, curses I forgot for sure! I do know for a fact though that he has his own temple and everything, kind of like how Sailor Pluto guards the gate of time.

Wait I never heard that. I've only read that Cosmos Guardian tells Usagi about Q.Serenity showing up with an empty star's shell and was asking for a starseed for it.

Since Starseeds are basically souls, it might be likely but never explictedly stated. Thinking about it though it can seem that way about all the 'princesses' of the Sol system and Endymion too in a way. You never hear about their parents (well..except for Pluto).
There's a panel in SuperS the Fourth Manga (American that is) where you see some women that do resemeble the younger senshi. Q.Serenity calls these girls the four guardian goddesses. Mercury, Mars, Venus, and Jupiter.

Of course that's when Nehellenia is showing them what she had done to P. Serenity as an infant.

Though the theory about P. Serenity's birth actually sounds like something from a Marvel (Or was it a DC) comic about how Princess Diana (Wonder Woman-gods that might be too old for some of you guys) was born. Her mother made her out of clay and breathed life into her. I think.

*Wonders if Naoko was an American Comic book enthusist.*

But anyway, Beryl was never engaged to Endymion- that's a plot device in the Musicals. They change it a lot in there where in some Musicals Beryl is just like her counterpart in the Manga and Live action- a sorcress/maiden/ that fell in love with Endymion. In others she was engaged to him. And in other's still she might have been his wife (maybe).

And it's Kunzite. (Malachite in English Dub), is the one that teases Venus (Whom in Code name Sailor V is known to be Venus's lover. The only one ever to be comfirmed as such) about having a Princess that is a handful.

Venus is the only one that goes to Earth to fetch P.Serenity from Visitng Endymion. Endymion scolded Kunzite about it playfully.

Zoicite in the manga is not in love with Kunzite. If anything he admires him and considers all the Shitennou like family. Kunzite is the only one to regain all his memories in the end. And really after the fight with Queen Meteria (Metallia/"Negaforce"<-eww) Or rather before/during this mayhem, the Shitennou (Four Generals) are turned into the stones of their namesakes.

They appear again during the Black Moon Clan Arc- the next story- as visions and gives advice to Mamoru, telling him to be strong.

In the Anime, Zoicite has a love affiar with Kunzite.

In the Live Action, Zoicite is the only one that believes in Endymion and has most of his memories. And opposed Kunzite in how they treat the prince.

Manga wise, yes, Helios is a Priest of Elysion. That was where the Golden Kingdom was originally located. From the text the reader can surmise that Elysion was once on Earth or 'above ground' something to that effect but with the curse of Queen Nehellenia, it's in all ruins.

Helios goes on to tell both Usagi and Mamoru about the Golden Crystal which is Mamoru's crystal but it's sealed away inside of Mamoru. He says that the Silver Crystal was suppose to protect the Earth from the outside and the Golden Crystal protects Earth from the Inside.

They are equals in power. (He says- They share the same souls and same power with a common mission).

He goes on to tell the two about a Vision he had recieved while in the prayer room. A lady tells him to find the maiden that is a princess but is a warrior because she has the power to break the seal and release the golden Crystal.

It is shown on the picture that the vision- when asked her name and she replied Lady Serenity- looks very much like Chibiusa, only older.

It's also discovered that the Golden Crystal also is Mamoru's Starseed- like The Silver Crystal is Usagi's.

(Honestly my theory is that the crystals themselves do nothing more but house the Starseeds of the senshi that holds them. That's why when the crystal shatters, Usagi- or whoever- dies.)

In the Manga Mamoru plays an equal and important role like Usagi does

Anime dumbs him down too much trying to stay with the Magical Girl Genre.

While both the Musicals and the Live Action gives him an equal status more or less within the teams- like the Manga does.

^o^ *Doesn't follow the anime on anything except for Queen Nehellenia...*  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

o c e a n filled

Eloquent Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:16 pm
Thank you, Rei, for clearing all that up. I was reading it and thought "Well, that's not true... Oh, noooo... I have to go into my basement, haul out my SM manga, and explain it all~ Waah!" But then I didn't, and that was good.

Does anyone know if either the anime or the manga explicity states that Usagi is 22 when she starts ruling Crystal Tokyo as Neo-Queen Serenity? About fifty websites say it's at that age, but I can't remember if it's true, or just people trying to justify things.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:26 pm
I only know that King Endymion says that's when she stopped aging is around 21-22 years of age. Vs her mother who stopped aging at 18.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500

o c e a n filled

Eloquent Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:11 pm
Rei Torano
I only know that King Endymion says that's when she stopped aging is around 21-22 years of age. Vs her mother who stopped aging at 18.

Ah, yes, that's right! Thank you, Rei. I suppose I could have hauled out my manga for that... or was it in the anime? >< Buggering thing; they shouldn't have messed with the stories so much. Would make things much easier on the fans.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:50 am
The ages are in Manga really. 21-22 is what Endymion said. They talk more about their ages then.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Princess Makoto Kino

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:05 pm
so I"m finally watching the last season of sailor moon ( on youtube,so only the last 20 or so eps) I'll have to reread the manga to compare. I notice the location is different(as someone mentioned earlier)
I'm sad there was no Sailor Kakyuu , I was hoping to see her outfit in color , no Sailor Cosmos either hmm . I gotta say for the end bit I like the manga better, although that may just be because I've known it for longer.  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff