Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Angry much? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:40 am
Redem
The reason why is that.. after a certain amount of time.. say 4 or 5 posts explaining just why the second law of thermodynamics doesn't mean what they think it does...

I start to get a bit miffed... evil

The worst of them bring out the worst in me.

XDXDXD You tried to explain entropy to them? rofl rofl rofl rofl Holy ********! No wonder you wanted to tear someone's throat out.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:01 am
Meirelle
Redem
The reason why is that.. after a certain amount of time.. say 4 or 5 posts explaining just why the second law of thermodynamics doesn't mean what they think it does...

XDXDXD You tried to explain entropy to them? rofl rofl rofl rofl Holy ********! No wonder you wanted to tear someone's throat out.

crying

I know, it's like... well.. trying to explain reality to a fundie biggrin  

Redem

SkeletonPhoenix

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:53 pm
Redem
Meirelle
Redem

crying

I rember that I still don't under stand how thermodynamics and evolution are related.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:11 pm
SkeletonPhoenix
Redem
Meirelle
Redem

crying

I rember that I still don't under stand how thermodynamics and evolution are related.
It's like the Big Bang, biogenesis, and evolution. Not really related at all.

Well, I'm more of a depressed person. I had a lot more rage as a Christian, actually. I hate people, but that's mostly because I'm an Aspie. There's also this misconception that Atheists are just mad at God for having a shitty life. They seem to think that everyone believes in God, like it or not, so we just must be rebellious God-haters, rather than non-believers.  

Koravin

Lux7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:05 am
I've never heard ppl saying atheists are angry ppl. All the atheists i've met are all really nice ppl. I always thought alot of religous ppl to be angry and violent sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:56 am
Aerosheik
Is it just me or do atheists have a preconceived notion of being angry individuals? If so, how can we correct it, without actually backing down from what we believe?

Really? I think atheists are too laid back. Some atheists hate religion and all who worship the evil, obsolete b*****d known as God but they're subtle about it. I've noticed a lot of atheists have a dark sense of humor but not really anger.  

Fenky

Wheezing Humorist

Redem

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:11 pm
SkeletonPhoenix
Redem
Meirelle
Redem

crying

Well, they decide that entropy as defined in thermodynamics ( waste energy essentially) means "disorder", and thus that everything gets worse over time.
As if something as complex as energy that is no longer available to do work can be mapped into some subjective opinion on what is more orderly.

Idiots.

=/

The basics of the subject aren't even all that complex dammit >.<  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:31 pm
[Angry Masturbation]
Oh of course.

Despite the fact that, on average, atheists have higher IQs then strongly religious people <3

*cough* televangelists.  

-GS-Sailor Nemesis

Minaberries

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:03 pm
[Angry Masturbation]
Oh of course.

Despite the fact that, on average, atheists have higher IQs then strongly religious people <3

Heh, any blonde atheists out there?
hehe jk  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:09 pm
I don't know about angry, but I know a lot of people perceive atheists as rebellious, immoral, and psycho. This is probably because, some are, and the rest don't stand out. Atheists who are humanists or outwardly 'normal' are probably not known as atheists by most people. Some people have tried to remedy this by not calling themselves atheist to avoid a complete turn off by others. This is the Bright movement, although, I'm not sure how well it works, since Brightism sounds like some hippy weird movement and would probably get a weird look as well as if theyd just said they were atheist.  

Sagara-kun-Blue

Asterisk07

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:47 am
Not angry, just being pissed off alot for many good reasons, reasons that created from the stupids of the world  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:59 am
It's like I said in another thread:

WritelySo
Most religious people have been told that we are atheists because we have turned from god in anger or frustration, and they assume that we are filled with anger and hate. They use the fact that we fight for our rights as "evidence" of our "anger."

Religious dominance in the west is fading. As it fades, atheists and free-thinkers will continue to fight for cultural and legal equality, and - just as has been done with feminists, people of colour and gays - the dominant culture will continue to use that fight as "proof" that we are "hostile" in order to reinforce their dominance and dismiss our legitimate concerns.

Some people feel it's important not to make waves for that very reason. They think that it's a bad idea to reinforce the stereotype of "bitchy feminist" or "hostile black guy" or "whiny homosexual" or "angry atheist." This is how the stereotypes work, they scare us away from voicing our opinions or standing up for ourselves. It's hegemony.

As atheists, we have legitimate concerns about religion and its hold on the cultures we live in. We have the right and personal responsibility to stand up for ourselves, to share our views and to be as vocal about our beliefs as the religious are about theirs. Go and wear a sign too, be an alternate view, atheist "stuck pixel" on your campus. When religious people try to play the "malcontent" card, that is when you ignore them and continue speaking, calmly, rationally and honestly... that is how you resist that stereotype. If you allow yourself to be silenced by it, you are giving it power it doesn't deserve.

We are angry for very legitimate reasons.  

WritelySo

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces