Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
lolmtvonguya Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Noi]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:51 pm
Srta Tap Dance

They found out a better way to make profit, and they are exploring it.

As if the Cash Shop and Pay-per-view movies didn't prove this already.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:13 pm
It was not worth watching that brain numbing crap to get a stupid pink sweater. (Even if it does look kinda nice on me.) What pure torture it was to watch one episode of that stuff. I felt like I could kill somebody. They didn't even give us a mute or volume control so we could go somewhere else and watch youtube or something. D:

Anyway, I think over the past year they've gotten pretty money hungry. Maybe they're hiring more staff or there's some reason they need more funds but I still don't like it. I remember when I only had to spend 5 dollars a month at the most to get everything I needed. But now with so many of gaias aspects pressuring you to spend real money and making it difficult to get everything without doing so I get annoyed. Collectibles, the cash shop, soon to be pay per views. Selling out to advertise.

If the upcoming battle system makes a difference between free to play and subscribing, I'll never buy anything from gaia ever again. confused

Rabid Keese

Vampiric Demon

Aakiyana

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:19 pm
Malevolent Teaparty
It was not worth watching that brain numbing crap to get a stupid pink sweater. (Even if it does look kinda nice on me.) What pure torture it was to watch one episode of that stuff. I felt like I could kill somebody. They didn't even give us a mute or volume control so we could go somewhere else and watch youtube or something. D:
You could've fast forwarded it. That's what I did. At any rate, I watch The Hills and MTV, (Omg an MTVer Attack!) often, I just don't think that MTV and Gaia mix and that Gaia is finding a lot more ways to get money out of the users, who are unwittingly brainwashed by these advertisements and promos. I'd like to try and side with Gaia, saying that maybe they're in desperate need for the money, but then I think about just how much money they're getting from these big corporations to advertise them on the site and well.....Gaia comes out looking like it's commiting one of the seven deadly sins.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:24 pm
I tried to fast forward it but when I touched the slider the whole thing would freeze and didn't give me a prize. I'd have to start it over again.  

Rabid Keese

Vampiric Demon

[Noi]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:50 pm
Malevolent Teaparty

If the upcoming battle system makes a difference between free to play and subscribing, I'll never buy anything from gaia ever again. confused

Gaia Premium subscription: coming soon.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:27 pm
[Noi]
Malevolent Teaparty

Gaia Premium subscription: coming soon.

If that happens, I'm quitting.
No way in hell am I gonna pay money to interact with other people.

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

Rabid Keese

Vampiric Demon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:04 am
*twitch*

I should probably just go back to WoW...
emo  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:06 am
[Noi]
Srta Tap Dance

oh it does
but you have no idea how much profit a website like Gaia can make from ads and small events like that. This being a new kind of media, and is being very well used. They just need to focus the product to the target, it seems they are doing very random clients *goes back to marketing and advertisement class*

I did enjoy hanging out at the Holywood thing... people are way too funny xD

Dictator STD

[Noi]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:14 pm
Srta Tap Dance
[Noi]
Srta Tap Dance

oh it does
but you have no idea how much profit a website like Gaia can make from ads and small events like that. This being a new kind of media, and is being very well used. They just need to focus the product to the target, it seems they are doing very random clients *goes back to marketing and advertisement class*

I do know, I talked with Kevin and he told me all about it. o 3o  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:42 pm
[Noi]
Srta Tap Dance
[Noi]
Srta Tap Dance

oh it does

I do know, I talked with Kevin and he told me all about it. o 3o

more than what they can make from the users
if they have enough sponsors

Dictator STD

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:15 pm
I called her on the phone and she touched herself...

Mhm right now Gaia's had how many freaking movie sponsors alone? >.> Now MTV has GOT to be giving them a ton of cash too. To have their own area and how many stupid little items?

Haha, Tappy and I did have fun there though. xD But yeah, the show is HORRIBLE. I hated it before it got to a minute and a half. It was choppy, the girls were annoying and just... UGH. *kicks it*

...I laughed myself to sleep.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:56 am
if gaia starts charging money I am just going to myspace...  

XAmberrXO

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:26 pm
s4mgir1v3rsi0n

Mhm right now Gaia's had how many freaking movie sponsors alone? >.> Now MTV has GOT to be giving them a ton of cash too. To have their own area and how many stupid little items?

Haha, Tappy and I did have fun there though. xD But yeah, the show is HORRIBLE. I hated it before it got to a minute and a half. It was choppy, the girls were annoying and just... UGH. *kicks it*

User Image

I really hate The Hills, my g/f and some friends love the show and I'm like "wtf?!?" I tried watching it with her once and I have to say, i was bored out of my mind. And it surprised me to see her liking such a thing seeing as she rips on me for watching certain shows, like So you think You can Dance and what not. stare
At any rate.. I found a way to mute it when I watched it to get the item so that I could listen to music. I'm sure many people forgot they could do it or just can't but I'll post it anyways for any future crap we must endure.
It's actually quite simple (as I figured it out.. it had to have been simple)

You know the little volume button we have at the bottom right of our screen where the time is located? Double click it. Go to where it tells you you have your volume on for your web browser, turn it all the way down and BAM! You don't have to listen to the crap any more.
Please note though: I use windows vista, so volume control may be a little different on different operating windows. domokun

User ImageWe can dance if you want toUser Image

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:41 pm
fujin_a_k_a_heero
s4mgir1v3rsi0n

User Image

I really hate The Hills, my g/f and some friends love the show and I'm like "wtf?!?" I tried watching it with her once and I have to say, i was bored out of my mind. And it surprised me to see her liking such a thing seeing as she rips on me for watching certain shows, like So you think You can Dance and what not. stare
At any rate.. I found a way to mute it when I watched it to get the item so that I could listen to music. I'm sure many people forgot they could do it or just can't but I'll post it anyways for any future crap we must endure.
It's actually quite simple (as I figured it out.. it had to have been simple)

You know the little volume button we have at the bottom right of our screen where the time is located? Double click it. Go to where it tells you you have your volume on for your web browser, turn it all the way down and BAM! You don't have to listen to the crap any more.
Please note though: I use windows vista, so volume control may be a little different on different operating windows. domokun

User ImageWe can dance if you want toUser Image

I really wish I knew that before hand. D:

I really didn't get that show. All I could tell was that there a bunch of 28 year old rich people who act, talk and think like 13 year olds. x.x

Rabid Keese

Vampiric Demon

x3 thisismysn x3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:45 pm
I turned the speakers off on my computer and minimized the window. whee  
[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items