Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply General RP
*RP-101 - The what, where, and how of role-play in a forum** Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XxKyubi_KunxX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:12 pm
I do have another RP tip. This one was given to me by my friend Rinoa2000. She redid an old post of mine in an rp i started. It has three of my four RPCs in it. x3 so it sounds a little bit.. different...

Yes I do agree with what she said. I screwed up badly with this one, it was 3:00am and i was tired as hell.. but couldn't sleep... x.x oh well.. JUST READ! =D
Rinoa2000
Quote:
A few miles away, a new character was coming in. He had the cloud of the Akatsuki on his uniform, but was not of the Akatsuki Clan. Was he of the A.N.G? His eyes, pure black... His left arm was metalic, and his right arm held a small sword. His back, carried a huge machete, similar to the one Kyubi had when fighting Rinoa. The chain on the side of his right leg jingled and jangled as he walked. He kept his head down, and left his mouth shut. He finally reached the area Kyubi, Saito, Void, and Rogen were at. Rogen glanced at the male, and was confused. "Hmm... who are you??" He didn't reply. "Hey i said answer me!" He still had no reply. Kyubi felt angry because of this, and his eyes again grew black. He went up and grabbed the man and lifted him up. "HEY! HE SAID ANSWE-" before he could finish, Kyubi was knocked into a tree, out cold. The man finally spoke. "...Akuma... Akuma is my name..."

A few miles away, a new character was coming in. (Don't use "new character" to describe him. SImply say "stranger" or "mysterious person" or such like that)
He had the cloud of the Akatsuki on his uniform, but was not of the Akatsuki Clan. Was he of the A.N.G? (generally whenever rping you always assume that the people you rp with don't know everyhing so explain things the first or second time you mention it as if a little reminder and then you can use little abreviations. For example, I have no idea what the A.N.G is)
His eyes, pure black...("..." generally means a lost thought or a depressed person because it's a pause, but it's only used at the end of a sentance, not in the middle, simly use a coma)
His left arm was metalic, and his right arm held a small sword. His back, carried a huge machete, similar to the one Kyubi had when fighting Rinoa. (Don't assume everyone knows what that machete looks like. Just try your hardest to describe it to the best of your ability - no worries, they'll get the basic picture of it)
The chain on the side of his right leg jingled and jangled as he walked. He kept his head down, and left his mouth shut. He finally reached the area Kyubi, Saito, Void, and Rogen were at. (There is nothing really wrong here but simply but you do not have to list all the names, if you write in third person [which you should with multiple characters] but since your newest character, Akuma, has no idea who any of them are you should simply state something like, he wandered into an area [describe the area a bit] where the other characters are, strangers would be a good title)
Rogen glanced at the male, and was confused. "Hmm... who are you??"
(This is where it get really confusing, with all the characters males, using "he" instead of words like "the newest stranger" or perhaps)
He didn't reply. (When a different person says something or you start a new thought, start a new paragraph, no matter how short it is, it also makes keeping track of multiple characters much easier)
"Hey i said answer me!" (new paragraph)
He still had no reply. (new paragraph)
Kyubi felt angry because of this, and his eyes again grew black. He went up and grabbed the man and lifted him up. "HEY! HE SAID ANSWE-" (Don't speak in caps, they are rather annoying to read, simply say your character is yelling or screaming)
before he could finish, Kyubi was knocked into a tree, out cold. (new paragraph)
The man finally spoke. "...Akuma... Akuma is my name..." (Which man? I deffinately had to re-read it a bit to kepe up with who was who)
(Sidenote: I bolded all the "he" and "his" sentances openers because I found it far too repetitive, you should use different openers such as perpositions, or words ending in "ly" or "ing" it just sounds better)
(Also, don't put in extra puncuation where it's not needed, keep it simple and clean all right?)
(Also, capitalize "i's" all the time, I guess that's a pet peeve of mine. I'm glad you capitalize the first letter for sentances too)

Now, for my example sentances to show you what I mean.

A few miles away, a mysterious man enter the premesis. He had the cloud of the Akatsuki on his uniform, however, by the looks of it, he was not a member of thee Akatsuki Clan. His origin was rather unknown.
Pure, pitch black eyes set him apart from others. With a metalic arm hidden away in his sleeve, a firm sword gripped in his right hand, which was of real flesh. On his back, he carried a huge machete, rather different than most, with the blade thick, spreading a larger distance than most others, the ends were pointed up in spikes at the top and by the holister. Clattering with a loud jingle, the chain was not easily missed that dragged about from his left foot as he walked. With his head down and mouth firmly shut, apparently he was not wanting to be disturbed.
After a while he stepped into a rather into an open area. Many stood around as they grew silent momentarily as he entered. He had stumbled into Rogen and the rest of them.
Rogen glanced at the stranger, confusing resting on his face. "Hmm... who are you?"
The stranger did not reply, his face emotionless as he scanned over the small group before him.
"Hey, answer me!" Rogen shouted, obviously upset, his voice raced as he spoke.
However, the mysteriou man was still silent.
Kyubi grew frusterated from the lack of answers as his anger got the best of him. Slowly, the white left his eyes as they turned entirely black as well, releasing his dark side. Unable to control his emotions, Kyubi rushed forward, grabing the man by the collar of his shirt and lifting him up, his feet barely off the ground. "Hey! He said 'answe-"
But he was cut off, one minute, he was holding the man's shirt, the next, he was knocked against the near-by tree, falling to the ground unconcious.
Turning, an obvious show of the strangers powers he finally spoke. "Akuma... Akuma is my name..."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:30 am
Dude, I Just Hav A Thing 4 Furry Girls ^///^  

Nevers0ft

The Committee Staff Raider

1,700 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

The Corrupted Renamon
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:19 pm
User Image
With all those rules realized, it makes the fights less....exhilarating.
Nevertheless I can still play by the rules~

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:42 pm
I Can Play With Others. X3  

Nevers0ft

1,700 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

The Corrupted Renamon
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:33 am
NeVeRs0fT
I Can Play With Others. X3

User Image
Can you play 'tough love'?
*crunches knuckles a bit*
>'3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:24 am
Only If I Can Make A Move Back?
{Thinks In My Head: This Is Going 2 Hurt sweatdrop }  

Nevers0ft

1,700 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

The Corrupted Renamon
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:26 pm
User Image
Just a 'little' match?
I swear I won't leave any bruises or marks, I'll only use my arms too.
(I'll be teaching agility tactics at that, if you need a little bit more knowledge.)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:29 pm
This Is Really Going 2 Hurt
But Ok, Lets Go.
*I Get In2 Backyard Wrestling Stace*  

Nevers0ft

1,700 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

The_Gadfly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:40 pm
Gin-Zil
i need some answers for some stuff like:
whats a fursona and what if this is not a fighting RP but just a "live day by day" RP?

There are many, as you say, " Live day by day" RPs. Currently there are some like anthro high and High Tail Cafe where you enter without submitting a profile and just RP with friends. They are my favorite, very free and fun.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:18 am
I Love Thos 2, Its Just So Random. X3  

Nevers0ft

1,700 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

kate loves pens

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:33 pm
um i kinda have a habbit of using lowercase u's and i's is that ok?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:46 pm
It depends completely On who you are Rping with. Some RPers will not care, while more hardcore ones will get pissed off. At any rate, using complete sentences and being lit. will impress and probably get you places. My reccomendation: Be as formal in text as possible.
3nodding  

LimberNimbleShadow

Slade Falok

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:51 pm
I'm just getting into this RP stuff, I normally write small books but this is pretty fun. These rules are exceptional at that.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:16 am
Slade Falok
I'm just getting into this RP stuff, I normally write small books but this is pretty fun. These rules are exceptional at that.

User Image

You'd better not cheat Slade, I'm always watching yooou. *Winterly blue eyes glow*

The Corrupted Renamon
Crew

General RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas