Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Stories about your family! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cat-Whiskers

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:05 am
Minielf
Oh well. My grandfather on my mother's side died well before I was even born, so I have absolutely no idea of who he was. My other three grandparents are still alive.

Should ask your mother about him whee Always nice to know your family history. I was surprised to know that my grandmother on my father's side had three uncles who had 4th 5th and 6th rank in the communist party. I mean... damn eek There are like only... 20 of those people in China in total today.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:23 am
Cat-Whiskers
Minielf
Oh well. My grandfather on my mother's side died well before I was even born, so I have absolutely no idea of who he was. My other three grandparents are still alive.

Should ask your mother about him whee Always nice to know your family history. I was surprised to know that my grandmother on my father's side had three uncles who had 4th 5th and 6th rank in the communist party. I mean... damn eek There are like only... 20 of those people in China in total today.

Well, I have a hazy idea of who my mother's father was. I think he was a communist official of similar rank to your grandfather on your father side, but that is about all I know. Heck, my mum was only about 15 when he died. Both my grandmothers aren't very special at all.
My grandfather on my father's side however was one of the most famous journalists and writers in China, despite being of low rank.  

Minielf

yalie5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:29 am
geez... didn't know there was so many communist still around stare lol wheee!!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:29 am
yalie5
geez... didn't know there was so many communist still around stare lol wheee!!

xd  

Niphredil Ithilmir

yalie5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:30 am
lol ya know if i were to post up any family stories there wouldn't be many and my parents might get arrested lol blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:35 pm
yalie5
lol ya know if i were to post up any family stories there wouldn't be many and my parents might get arrested lol blaugh

Arrrested? rolleyes Why though? Its not as if we would incriminate your parents. rofl  

Minielf

Syeori

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:04 am
Err...i have an auntie who is english and therefore i have 2 half chinese half english cousins. 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:57 am
not gonna go there  

theaznkid

[.Higan Bana.]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:57 am
Hmms let's see...my family history is so boring. gonk Lemme start with my mom's side:

My mom's dad, my Wai Gong since he was still a kid when the WW2 has started, he could not join the army. However he joined the military later on when he grew up... anyways his family was REALLY, REALLY poor...they were so poor that they didn't even have enough money to fill the stomachs. (T-T poor them) And I think after WW2 there was this war between the Communist and Guo Ming Dang(国民党 I seriously don't know how to say this in English) and the Communist army surrounded their village and trapped the Guo Ming Dang inside. Noone could come out or go in...so everyone was going to starve to death. My grandpa's familiy realized that they had to escape. So they sneaked near the gate place 4 am in the morning and crawled through a hole in the gate and managed to escape(somehow) without being caught. sweatdrop They were living in Shan Dong(山东) by the way. Anyways after they successfully escaped, they ran all the way to a province called Hei Long Jiang(黑龙江). They suffered greately on the way there because they had no shelter or food...so they had to eat grass and tree skins and all that crap...( crying ) Thank god when they get to Hei Long Jiang, they managed to get a little hut and corn field or whatever and settled there. And they lived happily peaceful ever after. xd

Now onto my dad's side...
Since my dad's dad doesn't give a s**t about me, I don't know that much about that family. But my dad told me some of the stuff about that family...
My dad's family was a BIG, BIG rich family. My dad's grandpa was a business man in the old days...he ran a big alcohol store or something xD in province of Zhe Jiang (浙江) in the south of China. And I think they were landlords too...I heard my dad's grandpa even had 2 wives...lol And something like that... and that's all I know..nothing interesting....Oh yeah my gradnpa was a sailor captain or something...

So because of military reasons, my grandpa's army sent my grandpa(mom's dad) to Wuhan(武汉), province of Hubei(湖北) after he retired from the army. And my dad's dad was sent to Wuhan too because of the sailor army or w/e you call it...My mom's dad became a computer teacher in some college after he went to Wuhan and my dad's dad because a english professor in an univeristy. And my parents were introduced to each other by someone then they got married..and had me. I have 2 cousins younger than me on my mom's dad's side. (2 uncles) And I have 3 cousins on my dad's dad's side. Two of them are twins. Although I hate to mention my dad's dad cuz HES A ******** b*****d. stressed

Anyways there's nothing special about my aunts or uncles...but this uncle of mine I really feel sorry for him. He's my dad's brother. In the 文化大革命(Cultural Revolution) every family is forced to send a boy to the village to work...so my grandpa sent my dad's brother to work since my dad was still small at that time. (sigh...feel so guilty) so since my uncle went to work in the village, he could not complete his study in the univeristy...and since he didn't go to the univeristy...he has a really poor job. He met his wife in his company, who also has a job that pays little money.. cry After they got married they had a twin, which doubles the amount of money they have to use every month...And you people know how expensive for a child to go to school in china? Especially highschool...its like you need both Guan Xi (connection) AND money to be able to go to a good highschool...and you HAVE to go to a good one because you are most likely to get into a good univeristy.....siigh....in the grade 9 examination after they graduated from junior high school, their marks are only 3 marks off the deadline for that high school. But the principal was like "3 marks off...you have to pay $30,000 in order to come here. $10,000 for 1 mark." Holy shyt my uncle and aunt they're so poor...how the hell are they gonna get that much money? So they could only go to some schools that aren't that good...siigh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:37 pm
well... i have one brother. some of my cousins in the U.S. married to ppl who weren't chinese, as in white or other culture. so, I guess not all my family members are chinese. Some of my cousin I never met before. Yeah, I'm chinese.. lol... I have parents, one who smoke, and one doesn't.
Back when my grandparents and my parents were younger, when I wasn't even born yet, they were really poor. Back in WW2, my grandparents and some of my uncle and aunts, ran away from China to Vietnam. That was how my parents were born and ME!
Than when I was 7 month old, my mom went to canada, then after a few years, my mom sponser my dad, my brother and I to Canada.  

Ten Pound Shell

[.Higan Bana.]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:07 pm
[.Higan Bana.]
Hmms let's see...my family history is so boring. gonk Lemme start with my mom's side:

My mom's dad, my Wai Gong since he was still a kid when the WW2 has started, he could not join the army. However he joined the military later on when he grew up... anyways his family was REALLY, REALLY poor...they were so poor that they didn't even have enough money to fill the stomachs. (T-T poor them) And I think after WW2 there was this war between the Communist and Guo Ming Dang(国民党 I seriously don't know how to say this in English) and the Communist army surrounded their village and trapped the Guo Ming Dang inside. Noone could come out or go in...so everyone was going to starve to death. My grandpa's familiy realized that they had to escape. So they sneaked near the gate place 4 am in the morning and crawled through a hole in the gate and managed to escape(somehow) without being caught. sweatdrop They were living in Shan Dong(山东) by the way. Anyways after they successfully escaped, they ran all the way to a province called Hei Long Jiang(黑龙江). They suffered greately on the way there because they had no shelter or food...so they had to eat grass and tree skins and all that crap...( crying ) Thank god when they get to Hei Long Jiang, they managed to get a little hut and corn field or whatever and settled there. And they lived happily peaceful ever after. xd

Now onto my dad's side...
Since my dad's dad doesn't give a s**t about me, I don't know that much about that family. But my dad told me some of the stuff about that family...
My dad's family was a BIG, BIG rich family. My dad's grandpa was a business man in the old days...he ran a big alcohol store or something xD in province of Zhe Jiang (浙江) in the south of China. And I think they were landlords too...I heard my dad's grandpa even had 2 wives...lol And something like that... and that's all I know..nothing interesting....Oh yeah my gradnpa was a sailor captain or something...

So because of military reasons, my grandpa's army sent my grandpa(mom's dad) to Wuhan(武汉), province of Hubei(湖北) after he retired from the army. And my dad's dad was sent to Wuhan too because of the sailor army or w/e you call it...My mom's dad became a computer teacher in some college after he went to Wuhan and my dad's dad because a english professor in an univeristy. And my parents were introduced to each other by someone then they got married..and had me. I have 2 cousins younger than me on my mom's dad's side. (2 uncles) And I have 3 cousins on my dad's dad's side. Two of them are twins. Although I hate to mention my dad's dad cuz HES A ******** b*****d. stressed

Anyways there's nothing special about my aunts or uncles...but this uncle of mine I really feel sorry for him. He's my dad's brother. In the 文化大革命(Cultural Revolution) every family is forced to send a boy to the village to work...so my grandpa sent my dad's brother to work since my dad was still small at that time. (sigh...feel so guilty) so since my uncle went to work in the village, he could not complete his study in the univeristy...and since he didn't go to the univeristy...he has a really poor job. He met his wife in his company, who also has a job that pays little money.. cry After they got married they had a twin, which doubles the amount of money they have to use every month...And you people know how expensive for a child to go to school in china? Especially highschool...its like you need both Guan Xi (connection) AND money to be able to go to a good highschool...and you HAVE to go to a good one because you are most likely to get into a good univeristy.....siigh....in the grade 9 examination after they graduated from junior high school, their marks are only 3 marks off the deadline for that high school. But the principal was like "3 marks off...you have to pay $30,000 in order to come here. $10,000 for 1 mark." Holy shyt my uncle and aunt they're so poor...how the hell are they gonna get that much money? So they could only go to some schools that aren't that good...siigh

I have such a great family, don't cha think? wink xd heart  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:19 pm
sasa_powa_4eva
All my family and relatives are asians... Chinese...!

yep, same here  

a- K0KO-

Tokioka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:25 pm
fairydust_xox
well... i have one brother. some of my cousins in the U.S. married to ppl who weren't chinese, as in white or other culture. so, I guess not all my family members are chinese. Some of my cousin I never met before. Yeah, I'm chinese.. lol... I have parents, one who smoke, and one doesn't.
Back when my grandparents and my parents were younger, when I wasn't even born yet, they were really poor. Back in WW2, my grandparents and some of my uncle and aunts, ran away from China to Vietnam. That was how my parents were born and ME!
Than when I was 7 month old, my mom went to canada, then after a few years, my mom sponser my dad, my brother and I to Canada.
My family's pretty much the same as yours, though we live in England. And my relatives are pretty spread out. Some in canada, US, germany, australia, HK and a few in Israel. Probably met less than half of them. There's also likely to be a load more I don't even know about lol.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:26 pm
Quote:
Well I come on Gaia to forget about all that but since this is the topic of the thread... I have a brother. <-- There, I just talked about my family.

ha, yeah same here 3nodding

Quote:

Everyone is my family is human. Bet you never knew that. xD
But really, it seems like I'm the only one who is evil.

I feel that way too, about the evil part i mean

Wow, I feel like i can really relate to you ppl, I'm so glad I joined this guild (none of my friends are chinese, except for these 2 that I met this year in my japanese class, they're exchange students, and I know two, but they don't have the same problems that i gots)

hip2b^2

hip2b^2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:08 pm
Well I'm back, thought I'd try to bump this back to the front page or something. I just needed something vent my problems, but didn't think I should start a new thread when I knew this one already existed
I just dislocated my knee on Friday mad It hurt a lot! And I got sent to the hospital. Now stuff like that, doesn't really happen in my family; So it's pretty annoying. I mean we do get injured and stuff, but not to the extent where one of us is sent to the hospital right away. My body is completly messed up; my bones are weak everywhere! Especially my knees and I really don't want to do anything to them. So yeah, so yeah anywas, then my evil witch of a grandma came to visit me just a few hours ago. She's a ******** whore! I hate her so damn much! She comes into my room and just starts yelling "Does it hurt?? You got into a fight eh?" and starts laughing and yelling! I hate that ******** witch! I hate her! evil stressed I can't get away from me! I absolutely hate her!! Why did she have to make everything so worse!?!?! I hate her!! She's sooo ******** annoying!! Holy crap!!<< Okay.. I well--I hate her-- that was my rant--I hate her--I don't really feel any better though...

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff