Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
How much money do u get for Chinese New Year? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:17 am
Cat-Whiskers
tamcharles
Cat-Whiskers
None, never gotten them before (damn modernized family who don't believe in red pockets... stare )
But perhaps that affords you liberties that a more traditional family would frown upon. xd

perhaps... perhaps not stare seems like they're only modernized in the sense of "don't spoil your only child", still same high standards on school/social life/etc etc gonk

Minielf
Aww, I can't believe your family is that modernized that they won't even honour centuries old traditions. Does you family only consist of you, your parents and siblings, with no other relatives? 'cos if you have grandparents, I'm sure they would be the old-fashioned sort.

Actually none of my grand parents, aunts, uncles, and all the rest of the relatives, believe in red pockets gonk My family's.... well I'll put my family's story in the family thread. You'll see... (again, curses the modernization of my family stare )

Aha! You life does suck!
I don't get money neither, all I get is a bunch of kids rubbing in my face about how much money they got. stare

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:27 am
I just love the bills that are taken out of the pockets; they're so new and smooth!! I tend not to spend those bills on anything, can't let them go... sweatdrop  

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:40 am
wiim
I just love the bills that are taken out of the pockets; they're so new and smooth!! I tend not to spend those bills on anything, can't let them go... sweatdrop

Show off stare  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:59 am
wiim

Weirdo. sweatdrop xd xp  

Niphredil Ithilmir

Lucility

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:05 am
Ha. x.x; I sometimes get like 20 pounds, if I'm lucky.

My relatives seem to forget I exist and my parents aren't particularly generous. o.o;  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:37 pm
omg I hated it when i was in new york and my friends rubbed how much money they got in my face. apparantly for my new year's money it goes to my mom or dad first before it gets to me... if it ever does... but recently since i'm older now it comes directly to me. and it depends of who's visiting and how long it's been since I've seen them and stuff like. i mean sometimes i get money on the day it's new year's or sometimes i get like in june lol. well it's new years somewhere. anyways most of it's in the bank. lol my mother use to call herself my bank sometimes... well now my bank is bankrupt and i've got a new one mrgreen lol jkz.
@cat: aww... poor cat... oh well at least you've got a job.  

yalie5

kyoslove74

Romantic Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:00 pm
no offense but what do you think your doing tell people how much money you get on new years it is personal and who knows maybe when they find out that you get that much on chinese new years they will think that your rich and will want to steal your money tehy will also try to find out all your information then steal it all from you this si not a wise thing to do  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:05 pm
kyoslove74
no offense but what do you think your doing tell people how much money you get on new years it is personal and who knows maybe when they find out that you get that much on chinese new years they will think that your rich and will want to steal your money tehy will also try to find out all your information then steal it all from you this si not a wise thing to do

true... but most of here are poor or don't really care that much... but yeah my friends use to tell me how much they got and they compared with each other... well at least now the friends i hang out with now aren't chinese so they don't compare xp  

yalie5

Minielf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:59 pm
kyoslove74

I don't really think any of us here are that desperate to steal or appropriate stuff odd you just because you receive a couple of hundred dollars or so in chinese pocket money. Unless of course you are foolish enough to disclose something huge like a getting millions from a personal donation or fund of some large company.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:32 am
Minielf
kyoslove74

I don't really think any of us here are that desperate to steal or appropriate stuff odd you just because you receive a couple of hundred dollars or so in chinese pocket money. Unless of course you are foolish enough to disclose something huge like a getting millions from a personal donation or fund of some large company.

But we trust everyone here, right? ninja ninja  

Niphredil Ithilmir

xXbubbleteaxX

3,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:58 pm
i get around 100 each year=)  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:28 am
xXbubbleteaxX
i get around 100 each year=)