A place for anyone who enjoys a good book 

Tags: reading, writing, books, roleplay, discussion 

Reply Other Genres
A Series of Unfortunate Events Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you read Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events?
  Of course!
  Are they good? I don't know...
  Nah, they look stupid.
View Results

5 to midnight
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:41 am
Aren't there like, 13 books?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:48 am
I've read firt three of them, and they were, well maybe it was something new, but in my opinion film was better than books... I suppose Snickett was trying to write some kind of family book - interesting for parents and children, but in my opinion Roald Dahl (he's a genious!) done it much better, and Astrid Lindgren too...  

Inepta

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:55 am
Inepta
I've read firt three of them, and they were, well maybe it was something new, but in my opinion film was better than books... I suppose Snickett was trying to write some kind of family book - interesting for parents and children, but in my opinion Roald Dahl (he's a genious!) done it much better, and Astrid Lindgren too...

The first three are really an introduction to the series. It doesn't really start until you learn about V.F.D. in the fifth book, and even then it's slow until the 8th one. And I agree with you that Roald Dahl is a genius! He is amazing!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:02 am
So You see, I just haven't got time for it, there is still so much wonderfull books to be read, that I don't want to waste my time for whole seria if there is nothing interesting happens in it before fifth (or even eight) part...  

Inepta

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:05 am
Yeah. That's why I have no life.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:58 am
penandpaper67
That's not true! Let me think.... Hmmmmmm.... Worse than Eragon, worse than Eragon...... Okay, I give up. But the answer is out there! There is something worse than Eragon! (We're talking about the movie, not the book, for those who don't know.)

I have an answer for you. Ella Enchanted! I loved the book, it was one of my favorite books as a child, and and the movie destroyed it. It was terrible. Though the Eragon movie was pretty awful too... but for me, Ella Enchanted was worse than Eragon in terms of books-to-movies *shudders*

But getting back on subject (I'm sorry, I had to bash Eragon! I couldn't resist!) I have read the series of unfortunate events. It wasn't my favorite, personally, but I still enjoyed them. I like the author's writing style.  

eeveelicious

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:13 pm
They're very unique. I think that's what appeals to most people.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:00 pm
penandpaper67
I actually read them a while ago, I just felt like refreshing my memory. 4laugh

eek It's pretty hard for me to read things twice. xd  

xAngelxKissedx

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:22 pm
A lot of my friends are like that, but I end up rereading my favorite books quite a bit. Anyways, once you're read A Series of Unfortunate Events once, they go pretty fast. I generally read a book a day while I was rereading them. That is, until I was getting into the longer ones and had way too much homework to spend more than fifteen minutes reading. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:55 pm
Yeah, those books are quite interesting. I read most of them out of order due to my reading list last year for school. They have this humor to them, which I find really enjoyable. There not my favorite books, but one of the series I enjoy reading. They also a fast-read...well for me. I really, and to read the final one. sweatdrop  

wonderful nonsense

Dapper Explorer

Inepta

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:22 am
penandpaper67
A lot of my friends are like that, but I end up rereading my favorite books quite a bit.

The same trouble with me... But I like my life to much to resign - even for books :MrGreen:  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:25 pm
Ohi! I liked the books. ^^
But the movie was bad...=/

Accuelly, I havnt read the 12th one yet! *le GASP*

I might have to do that...=/ lolz

I Emailed that dood one time! o_o
He sent me a REALLY wierd reply...Here! I'll trie to find it! *searches email*

Quote:
Dear Writer,

Thank you for your message. When you wrote it, you probably thought you might receive a reply from Lemony Snicket. You were almost wrong.

I’m sorry to tell you that a letter from Mr. Snicket could put you in terrible danger. For instance, Mr. Snicket wrote a number of letters to a woman named Beatrice, the most alarming of which are contained within the book The Beatrice Letters, and she subsequently died a sad, horrible, awful death that still plagues me to this day. This is an extreme case, of course, but you can see why you would never want to receive a letter signed by Mr. Snicket.

There is at least one thing more dangerous than a letter by Mr. Snicket, however, and that is a book by him. Each of the books in A Series of Unfortunate Events have been more dreadful than the last. The End, the thirteenth and final book in the series, is the most upsetting of all.

Sadly, your message to Lemony Snicket suggests that you may have already read one or several of his books. While I’m sure he is somewhat grateful for your interest in the Baudelaire case, hopefully it is not too late for you to stop before The End. Wouldn’t you prefer to read something else?

With all due respect,

Anonymous Representative
HarperCollins Publishers
Department of Vital Fan Disclosure

p.s. You also probably shouldn’t visit www.lemonysnicket.com , sign up for AuthorTracker, or view The Vile Videos.

See...? o_o  

PankurokkuBaco

Inepta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:13 am
Rather kind replay I would say... It's nice of him to replay at all, most of the mails to the writers are newer answered in any way...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:31 am
penandpaper67
That's not true! Let me think.... Hmmmmmm.... Worse than Eragon, worse than Eragon...... Okay, I give up. But the answer is out there! There is something worse than Eragon! (We're talking about the movie, not the book, for those who don't know.)

I majorly agree. it's horrible what they do to books when they make them into a movie. it's insane!  

Aradia Helevorn

Flashion_Queen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:21 pm
O!
I have hair like Violet!!!!!....
Sorry ok the books... I havnt read them, but I heard they are really good. I don't think I'd be too happy if someone dies that is important. I'd cry my head off.  
Other Genres

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff