Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
C-POP - your hates and likes. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You listen to 'em?
  always.
  not really...
  well, sometimes.
View Results

Motomina

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:01 pm
~saying shyly~
um if it's okay if i can say random stuff sweatdrop , how do u make cash? question plz respond asap or as soon as possible. thanx! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:13 pm
i like fahrenheit.  

YoItsPaulineee

1,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

PrescitedEntity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:52 pm
哇~ 海外的中国人听的都是台湾的音乐。 呜。。。
- 你听不听华文流行歌曲?
听了一年多, 从听SJM开始。 因为在海外不容易得到音乐新闻,而且我不太会读中文,只能听流行的歌曲。 >_> 最近才开始听C-rock。 (我是更喜欢rock,哈哈)。
-你对华文流行歌曲的印象如何?
啊。。。 有的很“corny”, 但是不比一般流行歌曲更“corny”。XD 一般感觉还好吧!
-你最常听谁的歌曲?
TOP COMBINE 至上励合! 大陆FTW。 中国第一励志天团!! 要说C-rock或者是C-indie,我也喜欢Sodagreen (台湾) 和Carsick Cars (大陆,北京)。 有的时候也听点超级女声/快乐男声前十名的歌,像李宇春, 周笔畅, Jane Zhang, etc。 也比较喜欢王菲.

Ah, it's hard typing in Chinese. ^^;

Translation:

Wa~ Everyone overseas listens to Taiwanese music. Wu...

- Do you listen to Chinese pop songs? and how often?
- I've been listening for about a year, ever since hearing SJM. Since there isn't much coverage of non-popular music overseas, I can only listen to popular stuff. I've only recently started listening to C-rock. (I prefer rock, haha).
- What are your impressions of Chinese pop songs? (e.g. corny, mushy...)
Ah... Some are very corny, but it's not as though they're cornier than most pop songs in general. XD Usually, it's okay.
- Whose songs do you usually listen to?
Top Combine! Mainland FTW. "China's number one inspirational 'divine' band!" (That's what eeMedia insists on marketing them as, much to their embarrassment. XD) In the way of C-rock/C-indie, I also like Sodagreen (Taiwanese) and Carsick Cars (Mainland, Beijing rock scene). Sometimes, I'll also listen to the top ten finalists of Super Girls/Super Boys (mainland music competition), like Li Yuchun, Bibi Zhou, Jane Zhang, etc. I also rather like Faye Wong.

I'm tired of people not knowing any Chinese artists but the Taiwanese ones. The Chinese music industry is growing very quickly, and there are some stellar artists in the mainland who don't get exposure 'cause everyone overseas is listening to T/K/J-pop. Artists like Li Yuchun and groups like Top Combine draw thousands of fans at concerts in China, but they're rarely known outside of the country. DX  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:58 pm
A lot of Cpop is kind of generic but it really depends on where you're looking...

because if you keep looking there is some really unique and amazingly talented cpop artists.

I listen to the top Supergirls too. They're not bad but I don't think any one of their music is that unique to stand out too much.

I listen to some Canto-pop too.  

Rainbow Pinku

sunshine4u804

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:58 pm
In my defense for listening to a majority of Taiwanese music I would like to say... Most of the mainland music I can't understand well enough to enjoy it. You could say it's because I'm backwards in my ways of learning Mandarin... but I studied in Taiwan so it's natural for me to like that music. ok la

I like Rainie Yang, Cyndi Wang, Fei Lun Hai, S.H.E, and c-rockers S&J just to name a few.

There is this one song I really like that has a bunch of different dialects in it, I think it's called What are you going to do about it? buut I'm not sure. xD it's got shanghai rapping and sichuan girl singer.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:42 pm
I'm going to type in English since many in here are CBC, anyways on topic: I've been always hearing people complaining about today's Cantonese music, even though they, like me are Cantonese, and are from Hong Kong too. They all say today's Cantonese music is pretty horrid, so everyone listens to Taiwanese, Korean, and Japanese music. I actually agree with them, that today's Cantonese music isn't as great as the 80's and 90's. But even though Cantonese music today isn't as great, I still enjoy listening to what I can understand when compared Korean or Japanese.  

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

PrincessReg_29

Blessed Genius

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:49 pm