Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
"she's Atheist!" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aaron Lee Morrison

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:56 pm
Lyoko_Alchemist
I feel really stupid in saying this but I never really noticed, but now that you mention it it bugs the crap out of me.

Like people you pronouce Nuclear like Nucleor

*Joins the grammer nazis

2'nd..  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:11 am
Les Adieux
Lyoko_Alchemist
I feel really stupid in saying this but I never really noticed, but now that you mention it it bugs the crap out of me.

Like people you pronouce Nuclear like Nucleor

*Joins the grammer nazis

2'nd..

I'm going to feel stupid in saying this as well, but I'm flattered to be quoted...hardly ever happens...so what does that say about me?

LMAO..jk jk mostly...

I like how we are debating the venacular of Nuclear over saying she's atheist now...Sorry... sweatdrop  

Crooked_Lamb

-RainbowFlavoredBubbbles-

2,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:33 pm
I hate it when people come up to you and say "you think monkeys made us?" (that happened to me today)

Dang them  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:05 pm
It just doesn't sound right to me unless I say "I'm an atheist." sweatdrop  

Teoka

Dark Pieman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:40 pm
Kharybuce
Okay, I found an online dictionary that has an audio recording of how "nuclear" is supposed to be pronounced.

http://m-w.com/dictionary/nuclear

All you have to do is click the little red speaker things, and you can pick between a male and a females voice. They pronounce it "New-klee-er."

The female one was a little better, but they were both a bit off. They said "noo-klee-er" not "new-klee-er".

And "atheist" can be a noun or an adjective, just like "Christian" and the like.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:11 pm
Ruminating Skeptic
...so, does it bother anyone else that none of the douchebags in this world can speak english? it drives me up the wall when people use the word "atheist" as a verb.
Grammar nazi at your service here too, and I'm quite amused that none of the previous grammar nazis mentioned the error in the OP. Saying, "She's atheist" is NOT using "atheist" as a verb... using it as a verb would be like saying, "I atheist at you." XD It just doesn't work. "Is" is the verb in "She's atheist."

And yes, as someone mentioned before, the word may be correctly used as either an adjective OR noun. wink  

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

-GS-Sailor Nemesis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:57 am
Viola Harmony
I hate it when people come up to you and say "you think monkeys made us?" (that happened to me today)

Dang them

I would have replied. "No, you ******** idiot, we share a common ancestor with the apes by an ape-like ancestor."  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff