Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of Resident Evil 2! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Come?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 10 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Nebel Rabenschwarz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:25 am
Ooh, that was a long time ago... I only remembering playing so far that after dying from accidentally shooting some explosive device on the wall, I turned it off. When I turned it on later that day, I hadn't saved for... too long, and I didn't play for the longest of whiles.

...Well, I guess I do remember, after all.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:34 am
I remember it was a chilly February day, and I was in elementary school playing outside with my good pal. We liked video games and he had told me that RE2 had come out, and he didn't have it yet, and that he couldn't wait to get it... so naturally, when I went to see my Dad that weekend, he got it for me, and I played up to the Police station and kept restarting, just because I wanted to memorize every single line and route.
It was teh first RE I owned, and it's without a doubt my favorite game to date.

:XP:  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:51 am
Oh, if only I could make a video of the reactions me and my friends had to that game. I mean, when those zombie arms burst through that window, I don't know why, but I just threw the controller down out of scaredness.
Not as bad as my friend though, who fell off the chair when the crows crashed through the window.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:05 am
Oh man... I -hated- that crow hallway. I was running into it thinking... "It's too quiet... there's no--OHHOLY HELL!"  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:35 am
I love those scares, it's really sad how they didn't implement them as much into the future RE games.
It was really pathetic in RE0, when you pick up that handle and the crows fly into the room... Like, they pause the screen for a moment? You just know somethings gonna happen, it completely killed the scare. Murdered it. Pathetic.
REmake had a creepier atmosphere. But I still think RE2 has the most scares to date.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:43 am
hmm...i need to play RE2 again. i'll ask my sis if i can play it XD

HEY VANKALA, CAN I PLAY RE2??? (she's right in the next room XD)  

UmbraGallus

Vankala

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:45 am
NO!!! razz Lol, j/k. Sure, I'll play later. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:45 am
YAY, i play in your room.  

UmbraGallus

Vankala

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:51 am
Oh my first RE2 experience? Well, i did play it after I had played RE4, so course that made me realize just how much Capcom ruined Leon's character. And yea, that part where the zombies' arms go burst through that window scared the hell outta me! I think I actually screamed, if I remember correctly....and I don't get scared that easily....XD  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:54 am
Hey, you're talking to a guy who watched A Nightmare on Elm Street when he was 2 years old, and saw Freddy Krueger as a role model. It's not as if horror numbs my limbs either, but damn.
RE2 really was revolutionary.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vankala

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:59 am
Oh yea, me too. I've watched scary movies my whole life! But the classic RE series (especially RE2) did a successful job of scaring me...and I love that! I just wish Capcom would go back to that. Definitely not gonna hold my breath, though...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:07 am
I had two first experiences. one watching. one playing

The first was when i was watching my dad play. He was at the crocodile bit. He was at the end of the hall and i was pretty much wetting myself i was so scared. I dunno why...Then he got eaten and i said 'going to teh bathroom' and shot out of there

THen a few years later i thought to myself. ' i wanna play Resident evil...' so i said it to my mums then boyfriend and he tryed to get Re2 and 3 for me. He managed to get 3 but not 2. So i went on E-bay and got it myself. I remembered how good it was from the start. I loved it from the first bullet to the last zombie. It was amazing.

Strange how i went from being scared at the crocodile to knifing it to death sweatdrop  

Ivory Lie

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:10 am
You faced your fear I guess.

See, I used to wish they remade RE2... But now I really don't. Because now, chances are, they'd remake it the same way they made RE4. And that would just suck.
If they remade RE2 the way they remade RE1, it would truly be an amazing game. But now I don't trust the remaking it any more than I trust that Square could make a decent remake to Final Fantasy VII.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:12 am
It was 2002 and my Dad saw RE2 for PC in the bottom of a game store bargin bin.
He installed it when we got home and he had no idea what the controls were so he died the second the game started.
Unkown to him i was hiding in the back of the room covering my eyes at the sight if the main character being eaten by zombies.  

A5116278

Vankala

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:14 am
Yea, same here. I would love for them to remake RE2 and even RE3 just like RE1, but at this point, its likely that they'll remake it to resemble RE4, which would not be good! So, now I"m just hoping that they'll leave it alone. I mean, yea it'll be great if they were like REmake, but what are the odds of that happening? rolleyes  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff