Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil - Member REviews:: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:58 am
Resident Evil: Dead Aim (Playstation 2)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:02 am
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (Wii)

Contributed by XxBI0H4Z4RDxX:

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles for the Wii System

This is an awesome edition to the Resident Evil series! It's an action-packed shooter, but let's verify a little more: RE:Umbrella Chronicles does NOT go through all of the Resident Evil games, like many reviews that I have read lead me to believe... BUT it does go through Resident Evil 0, 1, and 3 and also includes an extra peek into the world of the Umbrella Corporation where you can visit the Umbrella Facility. You have many choices of characters including Jill Valentine, Chris Redfield, Rebecca Chambers, Billy Coen, Albert Wesker, and Hunk. Although you do not get to walk through the stages on your own, you do get to choose the route that you take in many of the stages. It has most of the bosses from the original game series, including my personal favorite Nemesis. You can unlock thousands of files that were in the old games and plenty of new files that give you an in depth view of the story and all it's wonderful goodness. Most stages are set up extacly like they were on the older games with herbs and typewriters EXACTLY where you remember them to be. I even caught myself having flashbacks during the game! You get plenty of weapons, from shotguns to the super spectacular Rocket Launcher, and even a few extras. All around I give this game a 5/5 and have given it the label of a must have for any Resident Evil fan.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:03 am
Resident Evil 5 (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3)

Contributed by MM-212 Beta:
Resident Evil 5 Review
By: MM-212 Beta

Story:
The story right off the bat was significantly better than Resident Evil 4, but didn't quite live up to my expectations when it comes to Resident Evil. I found myself more interested in Jill's segment and the events that took place after Resident Evil. Even though the whole story is about the origin of the progenitor virus and the pharmaceutical company Tricell. I kinda thought having Africa wouldn't make a great setting considering what its hot, sunny, and full of crazy villagers. What I did enjoy about the story was the history of Umbrella and the whole Resident Evil saga that took place in the beginning. As much as I would like Capcom to concentrate on previous characters of the series instead adding more and more. Questions at the end of the game still arose. Such as where is Sherry, What has happened to Barry since his appearance in Resident Evil 3. Perhaps an epilogue could of been a nice polish up on the past characters, but no. All in all, the main story was mediocre.
Score: 6/10

Gameplay:
Not much to say about the gameplay. The game plays like Resident Evil 4 and Gears of War. Don't get me wrong, they were easy to pick up and play the game but I'm a true fan of the series and wanted the originals back. I did like having the quick button feature throughout the clips and during gameplay, but that was it. The only problem I had with the AI was Sheva would always get in my line of fire, which made it very frustrating to kill enemies.
Score: 7/10

Graphics:
I do believe Capcom are the true masters of realism in any Resident Evil game. Not the best out of the series, but the graphics did look stunning (especially in HD)! Explosions were movie like and eye popping as well. You could even see the heat wave hugging the environment all throughout the earlier part of the game.
Score: 9/10

Replay Value:
I really enjoyed the replay value Capcom added. You could spend multiple play troughs trying to unlock figures, costumes, files and even upgrading and unlocking new weaponary. It wouldn't be a Resident Evil game if you didn't have a mini-game attached to it. The Mercenaries is back from RE4 and its your job to reach an extraction point while racking up as many points as possible in a set time limit. Too be honest RE4 and RE5 Mercenaries were fun, but playing RE3 style Mercenaries was more worthwhile and harder, which made the effort more enjoyable when you unlock infinite ammo for the game.
Score: 10/10

FINAL SCORE: 8/10

Final Thoughts:
Its been made very clear, Resident Evil 5 is an action game and lost all attributes of being survival horror. Unlocking on what all needs to be unlock is really fun, but at the end of the day when all the doors are unlocked, the game becomes a dust collector. Even to this day playing the original Resident Evils perhaps have the most replay value. Co-op and online versus couldn't begin what made the series what it was.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:04 am
Resident Evil: Degeneration (Cell Phones)  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

FoxyAreku

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:15 am
There's actually an RE4 on cell phones now?
Oh god...
Anyway, I will make a review of the two outbreaks when I have free time. It will be of the offline modes, of course.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:57 am
Resident Evil: The Missions (Cell Phones)  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Ivory Lie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:13 pm
I'll get started on one for Re3. I've played it enough  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:22 pm
RE4 on cell phones?? Are you serious?? Where exactly did you get this info?  

Vankala

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:55 pm
Vankala
RE4 on cell phones?? Are you serious?? Where exactly did you get this info?
IGN. I actually don't think it's out quite yet. But there are screenshots. It looks quite awful.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:38 pm
I found this, and I want to know why Jill sounds like a man.

]http://youtube.com/watch?v=is7wGJg2iLg  

[Le S h i t]

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:23 pm
I think this deserves to be a sticky thread... I'll ask for a few other mods to agree with me though... seeing as this is a collaborative effort 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:39 pm
Well you know my vote, I made the thread. To have my very first stickied thread... it's enough for me to have a party! With myself! *does the jig* xd  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:59 pm
Okay, I'm not usually one to make this kind of a joke...
But if Canas made this thread, then it was sticky from the start. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:04 pm
I think you've been around me too long, Bio...

twisted  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:47 pm
Well, I'm sick, so I'm blaming it on the meds.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff