Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Global Warming Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Real?
  Hell no!
  Duh!
View Results

hokuzfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:59 pm
Garrett31212
If you look at Earth's history, you'll see dramtic climate changes over time. This isn't the first time it's happened. Just the first time it's happened in modern times. And it's not man-made, it's completely natural and unstoppable.

I totally agree. HELLO! Ever heard of the Ice Age? That was a dramatic climate change and were there factories and pollution going on then to cause it? No!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:31 pm
And what about the Medieval warm periods? Did they just pull it out of their a**?  

Garrett31212

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:53 pm
I posit a 3rd option, "yes it's real, but there is nothing, realistically, that we can do about it." The fact is if you read some of the proposed solutions to global warming you can easily see the steady erosion of our civil liberties mounting to confront the problem. The same people who decry wiretaps against terrorists as dictatorship would willingly give the government the power to tell them what to eat, how much tv to watch, when they can drive, and so forth as long as the enemy ceases to be a very real terror threat and instead becomes the nebulous "climate change." Appearantly the only solution to global warming is government micro-management of our lives, to which I say death is a small price to pay for liberty.  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:58 pm
I completely agree. It's happening, but there's nothing we can do about it.  

Garrett31212

Twizted Humanitarian

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:08 am
I don't think we're as important as we'd like to think we are, I mean just because we walk on two legs and have opposable thumbs we think we can save the world.  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:46 am
We are and we can. Problem is, there's nothing to save.  

Garrett31212

Cunning Malevolence

Newbie Noob

3,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:41 pm
Odin210
liberals made that up because we disproved the "whole in the ozone layer" theroy some years ago...
ok i just want to point this out. im biased becuase im republican, but you see, its a problem when your being closed minded and just jumping on the political part bandwagon. so please, stop acting like ******** babies and accept one anothers points when its obviously true. cmon, looking out your window isnt going to tell you if the earth's average temperature is rising you retards, i know this comes as a shock to some of you who live under rocks, but there is such a thing as a scientific study. When all else fails, give it a shot! now you cant just think that putting poisonous fumes and chemicals into the air has done absolutely nothing to our ecosystem, seriously, why do you think air conditions get bad? why do you think UV rays get stronger all the time? think that happened on its own? nah, its called humans ******** s**t up again, its what we do! but can we at least acknowledge that what were doing here people and stop being belligerent? please?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:45 pm
Lord Bitememan
I posit a 3rd option, "yes it's real, but there is nothing, realistically, that we can do about it." The fact is if you read some of the proposed solutions to global warming you can easily see the steady erosion of our civil liberties mounting to confront the problem. The same people who decry wiretaps against terrorists as dictatorship would willingly give the government the power to tell them what to eat, how much tv to watch, when they can drive, and so forth as long as the enemy ceases to be a very real terror threat and instead becomes the nebulous "climate change." Appearantly the only solution to global warming is government micro-management of our lives, to which I say death is a small price to pay for liberty.
Thats a sad, yet much more realistic way of looking at things... =/ and my only point was for people to stop acting like we didnt ******** the planet up, cant we at least realize we messed up? instead of pretending like everythings fine. >_>  

Cunning Malevolence

Newbie Noob

3,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100

Kingthor2282

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:55 pm
I may have said this before......Time Magazine was prepping covers about the next Ice Age 25 years ago. What happened to that?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:17 pm
I'm yet to be convinced that human action will stop this so-called "climate change" monster.  

DanskiWolf

Pring Leister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:21 pm
Only demented people think they can predict the future.
Taking guesses at what the climate will be like in the future is one thing. But thinking they know how it's going to turn out is a little whacky. Especially when they make new laws we all are subjected to because they have faith in this weird religion/delusion.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:54 am
Garrett31212
If you look at Earth's history, you'll see dramtic climate changes over time. This isn't the first time it's happened. Just the first time it's happened in modern times. And it's not man-made, it's completely natural and unstoppable.

:3nods: On the history channel it talked about how the world was much much colder in the 1700s... and that's why america "likes beer over wine" because beer can be made in cold, wine needs fruits that require heat... or something like that. Then another cold thing happened in the 1800s...  

The Hallowed Mouse

But Be Respectful

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:01 am
Ok, so there is such a thing as Global Warming:

IT GETS HOT IN THE SUMMER!!!

But seriously, I believe that if it is getting hotter (and I'm still not convinced it is) then we're not the cause of it, but we definitely could have helped it along.

Don't scientists believe that there were like three different atmospheres on Earth before it came to our current one? That proves that there was "Global -what was it?- Climate Change" LOOOOONNNNGGGG ago.

I'd also like to point out that the figures from the 1700's differ than those from today for two main reasons:

A. They used to put thermometers on the walls of buildings instead of miles high like they do now.

B. Wouldn't the newer thermometers be more reliable anyways? I mean, look at computers and how they've changed over the years. Now I realize that thermometers are a different beast and have simpler mechanics to them, but they've changed too over the years, haven't they?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:33 am
gatetrek
Ok, so there is such a thing as Global Warming:

IT GETS HOT IN THE SUMMER!!!

But seriously, I believe that if it is getting hotter (and I'm still not convinced it is) then we're not the cause of it, but we definitely could have helped it along.

Don't scientists believe that there were like three different atmospheres on Earth before it came to our current one? That proves that there was "Global -what was it?- Climate Change" LOOOOONNNNGGGG ago.

I'd also like to point out that the figures from the 1700's differ than those from today for two main reasons:

A. They used to put thermometers on the walls of buildings instead of miles high like they do now.

B. Wouldn't the newer thermometers be more reliable anyways? I mean, look at computers and how they've changed over the years. Now I realize that thermometers are a different beast and have simpler mechanics to them, but they've changed too over the years, haven't they?

A few decades ago there was a huge global cooling scare. I beleive in global warming, the ice caps are melting, it is happening. But, it's not man-made. It happens on Earth periodically. Here in a few more decades, it'll probably start cooling down again.  

Garrett31212

The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces