Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
Macintosh: The Computer of Douglas Adams Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Clockwork Sun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:48 am
Okay, so Macs are sleek and sexy. But can you mod an Xbox with one? I think not. And my Xbox is so much more awesome now. x_X  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:16 am
*drools*
Jupiter, I want your computer. "Sleek and sexy" is no match for the blue glow of DOOM!!!!!
Aww, crap, now I've got a drooly keyboard.  

Lupe_Oceana

Clockwork Sun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:16 am
I just plain don't like the feel of Macs. It just doesn't feel like I could actually do much with it. PC's just have this feeling of functionality to them.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:29 pm
Lupe_Oceana
*drools*
Jupiter, I want your computer. "Sleek and sexy" is no match for the blue glow of DOOM!!!!!

sweatdrop it's not mine. I just googled gaming rig and that's what came up first. You do NOT want my computer. xp

but yes, the blue glow of doom rules all. 3nodding except it doesn't have any disk drives whee  

Jupiter-X

wingnut the improbable

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:08 am
Jupiter-X
Lupe_Oceana
*drools*

sweatdrop it's not mine. I just googled gaming rig and that's what came up first. You do NOT want my computer. xp

but yes, the blue glow of doom rules all. 3nodding except it doesn't have any disk drives whee

Aww... and you had me in the evil grip of computer envy. gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:08 pm
SunGazing
I just plain don't like the feel of Macs. It just doesn't feel like I could actually do much with it. PC's just have this feeling of functionality to them.

I don't like the feel of PC's, they feel like anxiety. Like at any minute the keys might turn into needles and poke your fingers when you try to type. Macs feel friendly, like them growing big friendly arms and hugging you isn't out of the question. PC's just have a air of smugness about them, Macs are friendly.

Super Radical

wingnut the improbable

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:49 am
Doubtful Salmon
SunGazing

I don't like the feel of PC's, they feel like anxiety. Like at any minute the keys might turn into needles and poke your fingers when you try to type. Macs feel friendly, like them growing big friendly arms and hugging you isn't out of the question. PC's just have a air of smugness about them, Macs are friendly.
My PC feels like sheer hatred. It hates me. If it could turn the keys into needles, it would. Instead, the keys just fall off and I have to go fix them. Stupid computer. stare  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:41 pm
It can smell the Mac on you. >_> My PC likes me. Don't you, boy? ~Pet, pet~  

Clockwork Sun

Merlinssister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:01 am
my PC likes me most of the time but realplayer hates me for some reason, I can never get it to work crying  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:23 pm
SunGazing

Macs smell like flowers and peace... heart

Super Radical

Lupe_Oceana

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:01 pm
I just got a laptop. It's silver, sleek and sexy, but still a PC. I had to get something that was compatible with the beige box o' doom.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:29 pm
my school got new imacs (the ones where you're like "hey where's the rest of it?") for the lab.
even though the old emacs were two years old..... xp
stuff like this might explain why even though it's in the richest town for miles, the school is 2 million in debt. sweatdrop  

Jupiter-X

Clockwork Sun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:34 pm
Doubtful Salmon
SunGazing

PC's smell like power and bacon. domokun Also, when you start up Halo 2 I bet it says "Press start." Mine says, "Don't Panic!" surprised  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:00 pm
SunGazing
Doubtful Salmon
SunGazing

PC's smell like power and bacon. domokun Also, when you start up Halo 2 I bet it says "Press start." Mine says, "Don't Panic!" surprised

Yes well when I start up Halo 2 it says, 'GET A LIFE'. Well not really, but its implied... On my Mac instead of seeing the normal Automator icon I have Marvin their instead, the regular logo looks like Marvin already but this makes it even better. And instead of the safari icon I have the Hitchhiker's movie icon, its great biggrin

I also added a link to see the regular Automator Icon.

Click Here to See the Automator Icon

Super Radical

Super Radical

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:04 pm
Also, only Mac users can use the Beeblefish... The best Widget ever!!

Oh yeah and heres a list of H2G2 themed Widgets and Stuff for Mac users:

iSpeak
BeebleFish
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Icons

More to come, that Marvin one is really neat, you type something and then it says it.

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games