Reply Armed and Lovin' It!
Getting to Know You! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DainTrinity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:08 pm
Ack, I say I'll be active and look at me now. Anyway, hobbies... Well, I practice kendo, play D&D infrequently (unfortunately my real life group isn't exactly the most diehard fans like myself), play on the computer, play my many game systems, and I do some writing and post it on DA.

EDIT: A creative works subforum you say? Sounds excellent, I can post my fiction there and finally get some feedback.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:17 pm
This seems the appropriate thread to introduce myself.

Long time Roleplayer. Love all kinds of different games, but somewhat repelled by the idea of any system with classes or levels for player characters.

And I made my own system. After introducing it to my friends, they loved it. And about a month ago my friend gave me a very sastifying angry rant. "See these books? These right here... this is $400 worth of Wizards of the Coast Dungeons and Dragons 3.5. Since we met you, it has been worthless. You show up and this stuff is obsolete... I can't get my money back. I hate you."

rofl

So, that's the system we roleplay with.

As for other table top based games, classes, levels, and what have you are something I have yet to get sick of. I like as much realism as possible, however, and found one system I want to try here for a war game. More on that in another thread.

Also, I love video games a whole lot. Loving Dawn of War and the Space Marines. Faith IS my shield! biggrin

Now, big reveal... I am male. I don't think this should matter, but good to get out of the way in the introduction. Green haired chick avi you see here is supposed to be a fighter pilot character, then it turns out Gaia doesn't work the way I thought it would, and... well, only recently got my spaceship and it's only used in drag races...

On that note, I'm going to find a decent free image hosting site, and use pictures and tek-tek created avatars for characters and NPCs in any game I run here. Seems most appropriate, a nice visual to go with what may be three or more speakers other than myself.

My theory of Game Mastering. Before the invention of the Video Game, we had to use our imaginations and creativity. The ref of a game is ye olde game console. I am the playstation. I represent all the in game aspects, the physics engine, the characters and their dialogue, I am the enemy and the ally, I am the items and the location. I have no goal other than to present the situation and take in your input, when you make an action I only give the result. I must be as free of bias and opinions as possible, and present to you the game for your enjoyment.
I have met a couple GMs who run games this way. Right now I am the only one I know who does this, who just lets the game run... it hurts.

Anyway, the GM has a lot of planning to do. But I see no point in a 'storyline'. A plot, yes. And I see it as the player's job and intention of screwing up the plot. The bad guy wants to take over the world, I make him want and he bars no holds. The players want to stop him, usually. One or two try to join him. A few ignore it and try to go to the other side of the game setting (world, space, hive dimension) and find something less stressful. Good! Anything you do is what the game is all about. ...just try not to break up the party. Spreading out is one thing, leaving the party means I run two games at once.

...I could go on forever... so many subjects to cover, so much to cover in them...  

LilianGreene

Armed and Lovin' It!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces