Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
So take this test Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kira84

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:52 pm
Lord Bitememan
These tests are garbage. Every single one of them I've taken places me as a centrist. Political compass actually situates most Democrats as in the right of the spectrum. They're basically designed to skew your position to the left.

Yes, but this one is different. It's designed to give more people 'libertarian' as a result. XD

Political tests are amusing, you just have to acknowledge that the results don't determine who you should vote for.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:52 pm
True enough. Compass, I think, has another strike against it. It merges foreign policy and domestic policy into a general category called "social." In actuality they are very seperable. Figures like Lyndon Johnson were economic and social liberals, but Johnson was a foreign policy hawk. The same was true of Roosevelt. It is only with McGovern that you saw dovishness aligned with liberals. On the flip side, while Bush is definately more hawkish, figures like Pat Buchanan, a social and fiscal conservative, side with dovishnesses conservative cousin isolationism. In light of the seperability of foreign policy I think it definately deserves an axis of its own on the graph. In other words, political compass should take the next logical step and make a three dimensional graph. That, plus a bit more realism in how they exavluate politicians, would go a long way towards yielding a more reliable political indicator.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

DanskiWolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:35 pm
It says I'm a libertarian.

Not true. My positions on fiscal and social matters aren't as "radical" as those of libertarianism.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:58 pm
I got centrest close to the conservative side  

James628

The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out