Reply -The Guild's Main Forum.
Account Hacked. Please read Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syresin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:16 pm
WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS ASAP.

THIS IS JUST CRAZY, I GOT HACKED ONCE TOO.. I GOT MY COCO, AND ALOT OF GOLD TAKEN AWAY.. I SENT A MESSAGE TO THE GAIA ADMINS, AND THEY DIDN"T DO SQUAT! DIDN'T GET A MESSAGE BACK, OR ANYTHING SO I ENDED UP MAKING A NEW ACCOUNT AND WAS PISSED. IDK WHY THE ADMINS DON'T DO ANYTHING? THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO SOMETHING AT LEAST. IF THEY NEED PROOF, THEN WHY DON'T THEY CHECK THEMSELVES?!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:19 pm
hey! if every1 in this guild like donates lets just say... 2500 gold, then we can give it to her!!!  

narutorocks1109
Crew

Syresin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:37 pm
yeah!

sweet idea! ill pitch in!

no wait ill make a separate sticky to help her out.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:40 pm
ok! u do that!  

narutorocks1109
Crew

Th3-Cursed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:09 am
Richdog1
Rutalia69
Thank you Rich. I really appreciate you doing this. I was overwhelmed but I knew this needed to be done and I knew you would be the right person to ask. Thank you so much. *hug*

awwee your welcome hnu, you have me started on another path now too within gaia one more needed then my other petition I have going..
I only wished they would have put a second pw on our valuables themselves...

If my findings do not turn up anything in the works for it. I will be starting a new petition for the "Secondary account Security" measure... which would render hacking a account nearly useless. . . It will need more thought and feedback in it's development, but I am thinking it can be worked in.

Rich

where can i find this petition??......ill just vote with 4 acounts at once....^^  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:20 am
Well, I think it depends on who you talk to. I believe a lot of the mods are just people like you and me who have volunteered and don't have access to systems that would show them evidence of hacking.

However! It shouldn't be a lot of work for someone who actually works for Gaia to check out Rutalia's account and see that the pw and email address were changed right before the account started sending out spam and phishing emails.

Lastly, if the people on her friends list say it's not her then that should be taken pretty seriously.  

olusx

narutorocks1109
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:22 pm
yea... but i will miss rutalia alot crying ... but i cant feel like i could do something but im not...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:33 pm
I just think that Gaia needs a better system in dealing with these reports. 6-18 months is the current time for a report to be answered. This is a ridiculous and irrational time to have to wait.  

The Celtic Princess

narutorocks1109
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:47 pm
i know! and thats y u never do stupid things and trust NO ONE! (well besides really trusted friends)  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:16 am
The Celtic Princess
I just think that Gaia needs a better system in dealing with these reports. 6-18 months is the current time for a report to be answered. This is a ridiculous and irrational time to have to wait.

whoa! that's nuts!  

olusx

sloweiser

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:26 am
I recieved one of these. When I clicked the link, the page that tells you that you are being redirected to a page that is not Gaia, I clicked back space, copied the users ID, then went to arena's and searched for that user and voted.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:31 pm
sloweiser
I recieved one of these. When I clicked the link, the page that tells you that you are being redirected to a page that is not Gaia, I clicked back space, copied the users ID, then went to arena's and searched for that user and voted.

well maybe not all links have that....  

narutorocks1109
Crew

The Celtic Princess

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:22 pm
Well, I sent out my first physical letter today to Gaia Interactive
to voice my complete displeasure of the whole thing. I've put a lot of my money into my account and I want the things that I paid for. It shouldn't be that hard to investigate claims that it takes that long.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:29 pm
When you are in Gaia, if for any reason, the log in box appears, after you have already been logged in, don't log in !!!! Close your browser, and reopen it, and type in the Gaia address to come back. If using firefox, make sure you click "start new session" when its reopening.  

sloweiser

narutorocks1109
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:43 pm
sloweiser
When you are in Gaia, if for any reason, the log in box appears, after you have already been logged in, don't log in !!!! Close your browser, and reopen it, and type in the Gaia address to come back. If using firefox, make sure you click "start new session" when its reopening.

didnt u make a thread on that??? mrgreen  
-The Guild's Main Forum.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces