Reply Readers' and Writers' Guild
Currently Reading Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silent-Snows

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:56 pm
I'm always reading at least six different books at once, but currently I'm reading...
-The Face In The Frost by John Bellairs (rereading)
-The Return of the King, J.R.R. Tolkien (rereading)
-Silver On The Tree, Susan Cooper (rereading)
That's to name a few. I'm working my way back though my bookshelves. I haven't read some of these since I was 14.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:43 pm
Hiya, The Zoof Wizard!! smile

Today, I just finished "Code Orange" of which I started last night.

Now I'm still reading: "Bratfest at Tiffany's" by Lisi Harrison, "World as We Knew It", "A Friend at Midnight", "Eclipse" and um...I think that's it. smile

For school, we're reading "The Other Side of Dark"  

teenroses

FlixiePixie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:50 pm
I started a book yesterday called Jane and the Barque of Frailty. It's by Stephanie Barron, and it's one of a series of Jane Austen mysteries. So far it's really good (but you kinda have to be a big Jane Austen fan to want to read it...hehe)! Can't wait to read the others.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:56 pm
Evolving God by Barbara King.
It's okay. Nothing too fantastic. This is a text for one of my classes. It takes the view that religion evolved from emotional connections, which evolved to help humans win survival of the fittest.

She really likes her daughter and her pets. It's a little tedious to read all her warm fuzzy stuff at times, but I doubt the book is actually aimed at academics like me. It's just one of very few books that exist on the topic!

The Legend and the Apostle: The Battle for Paul in Story and Canon by Dennis Ronald MacDonald
*snooze* This book is soooo boring, but I have to read it for a book review. I don't know whether it's the topic or his writing, but this book makes me need a naptime.  

UberTumbleweed

Azaraih

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:12 pm
Just finished Soul Kitchen by Poppy Z. Brite. The Liquorverse is freaking awesome.

I'm supposed to be reading King Leopold's Ghost for history class though. I'm pretty sure that'll be significantly less awesome.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:03 pm
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.  

zakuroswhip

Hikeriko

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:00 pm
Right now I'm bouncing between Wideacer by Phillipa Gregory and The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. They're both really good books.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:18 am
irock708
I'm currently reading:

The Fall of Reach - Eric Nylund

Lulz, I took a break from that because I got my hands on the L novel. XD

So now I'm reading Death Note Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases.  

irock708

Mishi Love

Benevolent Loiterer

10,275 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:26 pm
I just finished re-reading Return of the King, and now I don't know what to read. Can't afford to hit the bookstore anytime soon and I don't have the car to get to the library most of the week. sad  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:17 pm
I've just finished The Legend and the Apostle, and I'm sad to report it was only a teensy bit better than expected.

Right now, I'm reading Maus by Art Spiegelman and Overclocked, a collection of short stories by Cory Doctorow.  

UberTumbleweed

Tomokie Masen

Angelic Fairy

11,575 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Building the Army 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:28 pm
Kipluck
Right now I am reading...
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
The Book of Mormon; Another Testament of Jesus Christ translated by Joseph Smith, Jr.
and Feeling Good by Dr. David D. Burns

I loved the Secret Life of Bees. Some ladies in my reading group thought it wasn't very well written and had characters flaws, but I loved the descriptive details.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:45 pm
I'm currently reading

arrow Stephen King's 'Salem's Lot
arrow The Angel Factory
arrow Ursula K. LeGuin's Powers
arrow And I'm searching for the last book in the Shadow Children Series by Margaret Peterson Haddix, Among the Free  

seleneswan

irock708

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:30 pm
Still taking a break on the Halo novel because I just have waaay too many video games to play before I can make time to read, but I have to read The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger for English. Even though I've already read it in 8th grade -.-'' But whatever, I like the book. I just don't like having to be quizzed on my knowledge and comprehension of the book.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:16 pm
I finally started reading Sense and Sensibility.
I'm having trouble getting used to the flow of the sentences, but so far I like it.  

Elizabeth Tarion

starcrosst

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:40 pm
i'm reading....

The Dark- Marriane Curley (2nd book in the Guardians of Time trilogy)
or, rereading, actually. I highly recommend!

Circles of Seven- Bryan Davis (3rd book in the Dragons in Our Midst series). Also very good, and it's good clean Christian literature as well.

oh, and Crime and Punishment for my English class (Fyodor Dostoevsky). It's actually a very well-written book, to tell the truth. biggrin  
Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff