Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
She is untitled, now. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

My writing is not willing
  and nor am I.
View Results

Oukow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:21 pm
;~; *holds Kirby*  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:51 pm
Yay hugs!  

KirbyVictorious

Oukow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:08 pm
xD Yay hugs indeed!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:24 am
3nodding  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

Oukow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:55 am
*holds Tak-Jak too*  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:48 pm
In all honestly she sounds like one of those annoying people who can't face life or accept responsibility.
I like how it's written, I just don't like the character.  

Xahmen
Vice Captain

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:59 am
Only you could have seen that.

And that is why I love you.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:54 pm
Ah, I like it. It makes me want to critique it, but then I'd feel silly and small if I did it front of the author herself. sweatdrop I did not realize it was possible to develop characters in such a short poem like that. o.o Ah well, I usually try to give suggestions for improvement, but this is out of my league.  

Starry Path

Voxxx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:24 am
talk2hand Don't be hatin' on the artists, KV. The only difference is that we paint our words in black and white.

Tak, I love your writings, but I doubt I could comment you. I never was very good at interpreting your work.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:40 pm
How else would you make a critique SP? That confuses me.. Do not feel silly, I take into consideration alot of factors, opinions included.

Voxxx, I still love you.  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

Starry Path

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:43 pm
Ahh, I am sorry, I had meant analysis. You know, what you do in English. "What does this story mean? What is the author trying to convey?"  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:54 pm
Oy! my teacher would whack you good upside the head for that.

We delve deep into rhetoric and syntax.
I wish we could just so simply say.. "Did you like the story?"  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

Starry Path

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:09 pm
Haha, I'm pretty sure one of my old English teachers would too. Am I allowed to say I was tired? sweatdrop

Would you satisfied if I simply read your poem, no thoughts, then said "I liked it! biggrin " and went on with my life?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:52 pm
Oukow
Maybe, even though the writer doesn't get asked to be watched as he/she writes, people will ask for their writtings to be head, and to be read aloud?

The way I can desrcibe this peice is like taking a wonderful sip of ice cool water. Feeling refreshed and pure, yet slightly chilled. Also calming and thoughful. ><

I really like this because it makes me feel like it'd give writer's more, and be on the same level with art for the people who fasinate over paintings and such and find words 'meh'. I wanna get a person to write out a beautiful descriptive paragraph/story of a painting, and have it read to someone. Then show them the painting they were describing, and point out that you can paint with words too...!

You've gotten me into a thinking mood Tak-Jak. confused *ponder*

I love both writting and drawing. Sometimes people will ask to watch me draw, or to look at my doodles. But people have also asked me to let them read my short stories, etc..

In some ways they're the same, and have diffrent problems. In Art the strokes, the lines, the turns are like the words for writting. They're both difficult to to form.

To get the drawing you want onto the peice of paper, you usualy have to picture it or see it with your eyes, and you have to form it onto the paper.

With writting, when you picture/see a person, place, object, you have to describe it, set it into the readers mind with words, but you also have to create it onto paper too, using words though....

Artist and writers both create pictures. In my opinion they're both hard to do. Another thing in common, is that they're ways to express one's self and to go into your own worlds.

Hey yeah. If someone tells me they have written something I always ask if I can read it, and there is alway something admirable in every writer which I can enjoy. Writing and Drawing are both things which can be admired, in the process and the end result.

[ sweatdrop bit silly of me to forget such a sweet and pleasing though. Thanks for reminding me, Oukow.]

[Isaac Asimov, the A of the ABC's of science fiction, often placed less value in description then in logic and in dialogue, leaving much of the imagining to be done by the reader. It must be noted that writers do not make people see something in describing what they see, but help them to see it better. Readers can stand on their own feet so long as they have some idea as to where the setting is.]  

NovaKing

NovaKing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:57 pm
Tak-Jak
Oy! my teacher would whack you good upside the head for that.

We delve deep into rhetoric and syntax.
I wish we could just so simply say.. "Did you like the story?"

but wouldn't you want to know why they liked it?  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff