Reply Readers' and Writers' Guild
Where do you like to read/write? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PaintOnSilence

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:08 am
I do all three within the privacy of my mind. It doesn't matter where I am, i'll jt it down on somehting or type it out. An idea should never go to waste. And reading, reading is something I do everywhere, no matter what, no matter where, no matter the approprietness or lack there of. Reading expands one's mind farther than anything else we do. Drawing goes with my writing rules, jot it when you've got it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:20 am
I tend to write where ever I find insparation. But I have found that the graveyard across from my house is a wonderful spot. It is very peaceful, great to read there too. Or, I'll pull my blankets and pillows into the bathroom, lock the door, and baracade[sp?] myself in the bathtub with a godd book, plenty of paper, and a coffee pot full of tea.  

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100

olive17

5,650 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:21 am
I have a new desk in my room, so I tend to write there.

When I read, I usually am lying on my bed, or on a couch, or just anywhere in my room where I can relax. That's how I prefer to read. But I'm pretty good at blocking out noise or distractions, so I can really read anywhere if I have the extra time to.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:28 am
I like to read in my room where its quiet.

I like to write anywhere as long as I can think straight.  

Blood Slain Rose

V for Virtuoso

Quotable Flatterer

9,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:46 pm
I read anywhere and whenever I can. I can block out the things that can interupt me. My friends wonder how I do it. I have no idea.
Writing it needs silence so i can get my thoughts together.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:35 pm
Honestly, I can read anywhere. It's easy to tune out background noise when you have a good book and I usually carry one with me everywhere.

As for writing, I like to sit at the desk or on the bed in my room with the door closed and everything quiet.  

xxcelestialstarxx

L0LLiP0P LiCKS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:26 am
The only form of writing I've been doing lately is roleplaying and the oratory contest that I was in.
The final round was today, I placed 2nd. (:

Anyway, I usually write in the living room, on the laptop and read? Pretty much anywhere. I CAN stand a little noise but not more than silent whispers. I don't mind you talking among yourselves but interrupting me while I'm reading is a huge no no.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:44 pm
In the cold days in my armchair with the book or laptop on my knees... In the hot days read in the nearby park and wirite siting by my table near window...  

Inepta

Walter Joven

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:03 am
In my room were it's quiet.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:44 pm
Really, I like to read wherever it's quiet, which isn't a lot of places if you live in my house. Usually I hole up in our cupboard under the stairs and lock the door (a la Harry Potter). Same deal for writing.
If the cupboard doesn't work, I'll usually walk down to central park and find a quiet tree to sit under.

Silent-Snows

wonderful nonsense

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:17 pm
For reading, I have to say the upstairs bathroom, propped against the door. Its quiet and no one can bother me (most of the time). Oh! and at night. biggrin If I lay on my bed, I will fall asleep, no matter how interesting the book is. Yes, I know, so sad.

For writing, it’s a different story. It’s either in the bathroom, yes once again, or during homeroom at school. I share my bedroom with my sister, so it is always too noisy to concentrate.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:12 am
I like reading in my room, on the porch, or in the family library when I'm at home, since it's quiet and there's a big comfy recliner. When I'm at college the best places to read (ie: the least distracting) are the library and some of the lounge spaces in the academic buildings.

As for writing, at home I like to be in my room or on the porch. At college the best places to write are the coffee shop and out in the woods behind my dorm.  

Mithrellas

Mithrellas

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:13 am
Misery_Rose_SinClair
I tend to write where ever I find insparation. But I have found that the graveyard across from my house is a wonderful spot. It is very peaceful, great to read there too. Or, I'll pull my blankets and pillows into the bathroom, lock the door, and baracade[sp?] myself in the bathtub with a godd book, plenty of paper, and a coffee pot full of tea.

The bathtub sounds like a great idea!  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:34 am
I can read anywhere except in car, I get carsick. Or while I'm walking, how does Belle do that?

I write, either in my agenda book (so at at school), or on my laptop... Lot less places.  

Completely Obvious

Earthest

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:44 am
I can read anywhere and I can write anywhere, but I can not write in the car. I do get ideas in the car. I really love to write outside and I love to read in bed with some scented candles burning.  
Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff