Welcome to Gaia! ::

History's Children: A Guild For Lovers of What Was

Back to Guilds

Reply Home
Jean d'Arc - Divinely Inspired or just Delusional? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nasuko-San
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:41 pm
Well, you all have to understand something about war:

It's never about the people's best interest. It's always about proving who's got bigger muscles.

The Hundred Years' War was the French showing they weren't going to let the English tread on them.

The Crusades were the Christians' showing everyone how powerful their God was. Although the Arabs had more resolve.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:50 pm
s**t the Arabs STILL have more resolve...XD

But the American soldier has a lot as well.

Can we sing....

ATTRITIOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!! *dunnnnnnnnnnnnNA* ATTRITION! ATTRITIOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!! *dunnnnnnnnnnnNA* ATTRITION!  

GeneralFishSama

Galad Aglaron
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:41 am
Attrition? Hm. Yes. Attrition. I believe I can sing attrition, however, I do not wish to sing attrition. *is impersonating Dream of the Endless* That is something he'd say, isn't it? Morpheus, I mean, not Daniel.

Dona nobis pacem,
Dona nobis pacem,
Donaaaaaa
Nobiiiiiiiiiiiis
Paaaacem!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:06 am
Galad Damodred
Attrition? Hm. Yes. Attrition. I believe I can sing attrition, however, I do not wish to sing attrition. *is impersonating Dream of the Endless* That is something he'd say, isn't it? Morpheus, I mean, not Daniel.

Dona nobis pacem,
Dona nobis pacem,
Donaaaaaa
Nobiiiiiiiiiiiis
Paaaacem!!!!!!!!
Sacrosanctus Domine
WHAP
Pecavi ignoviunt
WHAP
Iuesus Christus Domine
WHAP
Pax vobiscum venerunt
WHAP  

Fresnel

Citizen

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:10 am
Clutzy_Ditz
This is a puzzling subject, and very interesting.

I am a Christian also, but I am one who believes Christ taught peace, turning the other cheek, and letting God get revenge. So, would the New Testament God guide a bloody war through a child? Puzzling.

On the one hand I think (I'm not sure) I might blow someone out of my house with a rifle if he were a fatal threat to my family or myself. Would that be right? I really don't know.

The Hundred Years' War seemed to be mostly about English threat of dominance over France. Basically, English rulers were coming into the "house" and threatening the freedom of the French, but did they threaten lives? Was this enough to war over? I don't know, because I don't know how threatening it was.

I guess what I'm saying is, I don't know enough about the actions of England against France, to have a firm opinion on whether God would lead a child into battle against them. Does God lead children into battle? This is a large question. I believe in Divine Intervention. I also know people hallucinate. I think it's incredible that Jean d'Arc had so much faith in her "calling" that she did what most modern people could not. She became a soldier who wielded a sword on a horse, wearing heavy armor. That is a great accomplishment in itself. And, she, as a girl child, inspired hardened soldiers to believe in her cause, which is beyond amazing.

But, I can't help but feel, if God had called someone for the job, it wouldn't have been a child. Jesus was and is very protective over children.

Sorry to blab on, but I also feel that children are much more open to the spiritual world than adults are. Maybe God had to use a child, because the faith and 'sight' of children is much stronger.

I think I could debate this all day. But, the problem is, I'm debating with myself. gonk wink
Perhaps this was the fastest way to end the war? If Joan hadn't stepped in, how much longer would it have been before the war ended? It might have been the two-hundred-years' war.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:08 am
Fresnel
Clutzy_Ditz

I am a Christian also, but I am one who believes Christ taught peace, turning the other cheek, and letting God get revenge. So, would the New Testament God guide a bloody war through a child? Puzzling.

On the one hand I think (I'm not sure) I might blow someone out of my house with a rifle if he were a fatal threat to my family or myself. Would that be right? I really don't know.

The Hundred Years' War seemed to be mostly about English threat of dominance over France. Basically, English rulers were coming into the "house" and threatening the freedom of the French, but did they threaten lives? Was this enough to war over? I don't know, because I don't know how threatening it was.

I guess what I'm saying is, I don't know enough about the actions of England against France, to have a firm opinion on whether God would lead a child into battle against them. Does God lead children into battle? This is a large question. I believe in Divine Intervention. I also know people hallucinate. I think it's incredible that Jean d'Arc had so much faith in her "calling" that she did what most modern people could not. She became a soldier who wielded a sword on a horse, wearing heavy armor. That is a great accomplishment in itself. And, she, as a girl child, inspired hardened soldiers to believe in her cause, which is beyond amazing.

But, I can't help but feel, if God had called someone for the job, it wouldn't have been a child. Jesus was and is very protective over children.

Sorry to blab on, but I also feel that children are much more open to the spiritual world than adults are. Maybe God had to use a child, because the faith and 'sight' of children is much stronger.

I think I could debate this all day. But, the problem is, I'm debating with myself. gonk wink
Perhaps this was the fastest way to end the war? If Joan hadn't stepped in, how much longer would it have been before the war ended? It might have been the two-hundred-years' war.

Good point. I must say, this is a confusing subject for me, because I've had a "war" within me, for years, concerning the centuries of bloodshed in the name of God. Even the Old Testament was bloody with wars. It seems that every "God" has worshipers who believe in murdering the "unbelievers". This debate is a continuation of a debate that has existed all throughout history. I have no clue as to it's answer. I am going to show my weak spine by saying "I have no set opinion on the matter".  

Clutzy_Ditz

Nasuko-San
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:41 am
Overall Joan didn't do much to help win the war except let everyone know that the French weren't done. If she didn't join it would've ended more or less the same.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:18 pm
Clutzy_Ditz
Fresnel
Clutzy_Ditz

Good point. I must say, this is a confusing subject for me, because I've had a "war" within me, for years, concerning the centuries of bloodshed in the name of God. Even the Old Testament was bloody with wars. It seems that every "God" has worshipers who believe in murdering the "unbelievers". This debate is a continuation of a debate that has existed all throughout history. I have no clue as to it's answer. I am going to show my weak spine by saying "I have no set opinion on the matter".
The problem is people's tendency to say "I'm right and you're wrong and to prove it, I'm going to put a gaping hole in your chest."  

Fresnel

Citizen

Galad Aglaron
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:24 pm
Fresnel
Galad Damodred

Dona nobis pacem,
Dona nobis pacem,
Donaaaaaa
Nobiiiiiiiiiiiis
Paaaacem!!!!!!!!
Sacrosanctus Domine
WHAP
Pecavi ignoviunt
WHAP
Iuesus Christus Domine
WHAP
Pax vobiscum venerunt
WHAP

gonk Deprofundus clamo ad Te, Domine! Your Latin is TERRIBLE!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:41 pm
Galad Damodred
Fresnel
Galad Damodred

Dona nobis pacem,
Dona nobis pacem,
Donaaaaaa
Nobiiiiiiiiiiiis
Paaaacem!!!!!!!!
Sacrosanctus Domine
WHAP
Pecavi ignoviunt
WHAP
Iuesus Christus Domine
WHAP
Pax vobiscum venerunt
WHAP

gonk Deprofundus clamo ad Te, Domine! Your Latin is TERRIBLE!
My Latin is nonexistant. My Monty Python, however, is perfect.  

Fresnel

Citizen

Clutzy_Ditz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:20 am
Fresnel
Clutzy_Ditz

The problem is people's tendency to say "I'm right and you're wrong and to prove it, I'm going to put a gaping hole in your chest."

Exactly. Human nature is an oxymoron, in and of itself, which makes religion and beliefs to be the same at times.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:23 am
Fresnel
My Latin is nonesistant. My Monty Python, however, is perfect.

xd rofl  

Clutzy_Ditz

Nasuko-San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:19 pm
Clutzy_Ditz
Exactly. Human nature is an oxymoron, in and of itself, which makes religion and beliefs to be the same at times.

Let's not go after religions, please. I get angry when people insult mine and others.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:38 pm
Just take faith in the fact you have a belief and you believe in it.

If they insult it too bad for them. Just shrug it off and go pray for them.

Hell I"m catholic and I make fun of my own religion even if I'm not the most pious of practicing catholics.  

GeneralFishSama

Clutzy_Ditz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:52 pm
Nasuko-San
Clutzy_Ditz

Let's not go after religions, please. I get angry when people insult mine and others.

Thou takes offense a bit easily? You get angry when people insult religions? Can you please tell me when I insulted religion of any kind? I said "at times". I am a Christian. But, that doesn't make me think that all Christians and all theories of Christianity are right. Many mistakes have been made in the name of Christianity. I don't judge any religion to be wrong. The basis of my belief is not to judge. I am simply open minded enough to realize there have been mistakes made in every religion and some beliefs believed that have caused harm to others, because we, the believers of any faith, are human.

It's a little difficult to discuss this particular subject without bringing in the yeas and nays of faith. Was Jean d'Arc called by God to lead others in war? Is that an oxymoron? I don't know, but I'm willing to be open minded enough to discuss it.  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff