Reply Readers' and Writers' Guild
Suggestions Anyone? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lakita_phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:18 pm
I think I said that before about the arenas...
Oh! and Boss, what did you mean when you said like to detail the contest? *lost pm but remembered...and is raising the funds for it*

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:39 am
lakita_phoenix
I think I said that before about the arenas...
Oh! and Boss, what did you mean when you said like to detail the contest? *lost pm but remembered...and is raising the funds for it*

Like length requirements and where the entries should be sent. I suggest you write out exactly what you are going to post and PM it to me beforehand, so that I can see if you're missing anything. But you don't have to worry about that for a while...  

penandpaper67
Captain

lakita_phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:48 pm
I didn't think there should be a limit requirement; judge off the quality, not quantity. As long as they're posted in the right place.
But I think i see what your saying, like if it's too long or something right?
In that case why not make a "excepts" or take out the critical information to post. I don't want to limit it to a number of characters; it takes from the fun and makes it frustrating to whom ever may be posting.
I want to say 70,000 character or word max; but If the person absolutely, the-tale-can't-make-sens-without-it, has to then by all means break as long as it's reasonable

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:21 pm
That's going to end up being a lot. Trust me. You may not want to judge that much stuff. I know I probably wouldn't. I have APs in May and finals in June, so if I'm getting a bunch of entries around then, it would be really hard to fit in judging that much material. I would limit it depending on the category, and I would suggest no more than 50,000. Remember I would also be posting the winning entries in the Writing Subforum, and no one would ever read them if they were that long. Trust me, most people won't be writing entries as long as 70,000 words. You can say that the rule is not absolute, but I would like a maximum, as well as a minimum. Some people will submit poetry as short stories (it has happened) or will attempt to get away with a couple of sentences. I would make the minimum small, but reasonable (1000, maybe). There will be people who don't have as much time as others, but would still like to enter something.  

penandpaper67
Captain

lakita_phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:52 pm
Maybe 70,00 is a bit obscure sweatdrop . Okay, 50,00 max but I think that as long as it's a collection of sentences (not like just a couplet or anything).
In the even of incorrect posting, please, I would PM the member and say that the entry is voided because of misplacement and will not be accepted or something so that those who are really working on their piece and following directions, not just the prize, will be properly judged and rewarded.

(also I think it's good to keep this in the guild so that others can see how the decisions were made as well as consequences.)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:30 pm
Um... a deeper relationship with the Library of Alexandria? sweatdrop  

Jak the Bard

lakita_phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:12 am
???
confused

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:46 am
Sorry Jugglernaut, I don't people have really seen the stuff about your guild much. I'm assuming that you haven't given it up yet, but yeah... Maybe post an ad in the Chattebox subforum.  

penandpaper67
Captain

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:51 am
lakita_phoenix
Maybe 70,00 is a bit obscure sweatdrop . Okay, 50,00 max but I think that as long as it's a collection of sentences (not like just a couplet or anything).
In the even of incorrect posting, please, I would PM the member and say that the entry is voided because of misplacement and will not be accepted or something so that those who are really working on their piece and following directions, not just the prize, will be properly judged and rewarded.

(also I think it's good to keep this in the guild so that others can see how the decisions were made as well as consequences.)

I don't know if posting the entries would be the greatest idea, because then the entrants can edit their entries after posting and there is greater chance of mistake. I think it is easier if they send the entries to the judges by PM, then one judge posts them all. If you prefer to have them post the entries however, it doesn't matter that much.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:04 pm
I don't think they'll try to edit it unless it's right after they posted it in the first place; they have to assume that the judges have already looked it over and therefore it would be pointless to change it otherwise.
But I like your idea! Let's go with that! n_n

lakita_phoenix

Suma-Kaur

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:19 pm
make guild hidden in protection of writers work so nothing of writers get stolen by outsiders  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:40 am
Suma-Kaur
make guild hidden in protection of writers work so nothing of writers get stolen by outsiders

Like I told you in a PM, then we wouldn't really get new members.  

penandpaper67
Captain

Polly In My Pixel

Generous Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:11 am
maybe a :

reader/writer of the month mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:44 pm
mizz_tizz
maybe a :

reader/writer of the month mrgreen

Further detail? What do you mean? Like a member of the month? Or an author of the month?  

penandpaper67
Captain

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:29 pm
I have a suggestion that I kind of want to put out there, mostly for the crew. What about a subforum just for the crew?  
Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff