Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Atheist funerals Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CaprinaePsi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:44 pm
[x] Natasha [x]
Xiporah
I have my 'burial' planned. Imma have a crypt featuring a 15 foot marble statue of myself overlooking my sarcophagas. Lol. ******** me sideways if anyone is going on a stupid vacation with my life insurance policy. Better start digging and chiseling, jerkwads domokun

However, I don't know about my funeral. I know I want 'The Show Must Go On' by Queen to play. It's a fitting song.

I want "Don't stop me now"

And I want to be cremated, and my ashes stuffed into fireworks to be let off during the party that there'll be to celebrate my life.

I want to be cremated to "Through Fire and Flames" by DragonForce.
Not only does it make sense, it's also a kick a** song.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:29 pm
Yeah, cremation all the way. Then I'd have my ashes thrown to the wind over a Scotland prarie. Tacky, I know, but I've always loved Scotland, even if I've never been there. Then, I'd have a party. No funeral. Balloons, streamers, the whole shibang.  

Alphabet Whore

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:30 pm
We shall put the "Fun" in "Funeral". xD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:04 pm
Avoir Le Retour...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'd much rather be cremated, to be honest. Firstly, I don't want to rot in a box six feet under the ground; secondly, someone can either keep my ashes, or, if I choose, they can be spread out over various places.
...Les Adieux

Aaron Lee Morrison

dawnofthelight

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:08 am
Interesting; I would chose cremation, for it has a great symbolic meaning for me. It's like I'm always there, just as little particles of dirt, spreading out through nature, taking part in it; like my soul is still there, so to speak, and everything inevitably belongs to nature, is nature in its fundamentals, and affects nature and vice versa. Though, I would love a secular "ceremony for the dead" before that act of cremation is conducted. However, a disadvantage would be the fact that in some cases people are thought to be dead, whether they, in actuality, are or aren't. I wouldn't like to be cremated if I am not actually dead, although my physical/biological characteristics my make it appear that I am; I may miss a chance of waking up again, and continuing to live this wonderful life [but funerals have the same disadvantage], so I'll stay with cremation, although it would remain even more practical to just throw me in a garbage can just in case I wake up the next day to find out I was "dead" for about 24 hours. But that's less aesthetically pleasing: I go with secular ceremony before cremation, then soon after, after some specific time span, I will be cremated.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:01 pm
Likem most here, I want to be cremated.
I want my ashes mixed with my SO's, and then I want them spread in the wildest parts of the world. I want to be with all my favourite animals. The wolves, bears, tigers, snakes, and what have you. Just lay us to rest in the wildest places left.  

Lee Retalis

Voiredire

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:27 pm
Yeah, I'm going for cremation too. Though if there's a visitation I hope for there to be lots of Mountain Dew, a CD w/ Bullet's non-screamy songs playing & NO ONE WILL BE GIVING SPEECHES.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:09 pm
My funeral? Think reverse birthday party. The cake will just have a death screen from Resident Evil on it, sitting next to my urn (temporary urn, ashes in the ocean for sure), and the urn will have a look of shock drawn on it starring at the cake. Then, cue the metal, LAN party and Mountain Dew. The motto of this funeral: "It's what he would want."

Also, this is my first post in a good 3-4 months at the least. Go me.  

PrezarioKaiser

Death God Hitsugaya

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:08 pm
CaprinaePsi
I want to be cremated to "Through Fire and Flames" by DragonForce.
Not only does it make sense, it's also a kick a** song.

ABSOLUTELY. Best idea ever, I now have a new addition to my evil plan.

I dunno, if I end up a rich, rich man, I'll get buried on a plot of land under a black obelisk. Why? Because I can, and being buried under an obelisk would kick a**. Maybe have my will force people to throw boots at the faces of people I don't like, an idea inspired by a youtube video. Boots to the head as vengeance would rock.

Okay, unlikely master plan, but If I can't, I was always planning on cremation, then.. probably tossed into the sea as well.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff