Submit

Ekzunakka

Powerful Prophet

14,425 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:29 pm
Thank you for accepting me! I'll upload a picture of my first clay sculpture (the first good one ever! That's a special occasion and you get to be part of it! LOL) as soon as I can. ^_^

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:38 pm
so why was i denied? i mean i did everything u said.  

firesonman

Maimy
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:14 am
I got so many "Why was I rejected??!" PMs the other week. I wrote a covers-all-possibilities copy-paste answer for the first few... then got bored. neutral

firesonman, please refer to the first post.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:41 am
I don't blame you at all for wanting literate people in your group. It's just common sense and courtesy to spell check and caps. I've gone off on (and even BLOCKED) people for using that blasted 'netspeak', i.e. using 'ur gr8' while typing to me. It all gives me a headache. I thank you profusely for weeding out the idiots, and intentional bad typists, from the group.

And you're far nicer than I am about it. You at least still let them view the material and such, just no joining. I'd ban them for life. But then, bad grammar and spelling (especially 'netspeak' is my biggest pet peeve, EVER. How hard is it to type a few extra letters? YOU instead of u, are instead of r. It's so easy, a trained monkey could do it. I have to question... are people really getting dumber than trained zoo animals?

I could go on forever and a fortnight on the evils of bad grammar... but for now, I'm stealing my mate's digital camera, and taking some pics of some of the origami crap I made this weekend. (It's an addiction, I SWEAR. I see a piece of paper, I just start folding!)

Sorry if I sounded rude. No Rosey to tell me I'm 'doing that thing again'. i.e. Being rude. (Doctor Who fans will be the only ones who understand this, just to warn)  

Toshiko Sato

Jadess

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:46 pm
All I did was send in what I can do.

Besides make my own patterns
Make plushies

Right now I am working on A how to make a plushie
I have hand drawn out the pattern its going threw a testing faze

Its a human plushie pattern based

I also do doll clothes
doll hair rerooting

beading ^_^ still working on that...

or any other art form I can get my hands on
mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:08 pm
@firesonman: Here's a hint wink

firesonman
So why was I denied? I mean I did everything you said.

@Jadess: If you were rejected you can always try again smile  

Chisa
Captain

damnatio memoriae

Dapper Dabbler

12,625 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:44 pm
wow. I'm a new member and this is the first topic I clicked on. Not really the welcome I was expecting. confused  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:30 am
I know it's not the most welcoming message, but I am serious about the rules and standards and I really hope everyone can take them seriously sweatdrop  

Chisa
Captain

hytone

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:12 am
lulz. if the "standard" of the guild relies on capitalization, i just hope there are some damn good sculptors here. because, obviously, anyone who doesn't type like an english class essay is unintelligent and makes everyone look bad, am i right?

i'll be sticking to etsy, thanks. :3  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:26 am
Cool, see ya wink  

Chisa
Captain

Killer Dollie

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:47 am
Usually when I go to apply for a guild I try to use proper grammer before sending the request. You never know if they inforce that in a guild or not. I always forget that you can check out the forums before you enter a guild xd I am greatful that you have accept my request.  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:20 am
ia m a new memder i dont no to yous my memdrsep  

shir911

Morluin

Sparkly Enabler

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:51 am
*cheers* It's so good to see that I'm not the only wierdo on this site who actually speaks in full sentences. I can understand using text-speak in a text message. You have limited characters there, space is valuable, and frankly, some letters are annoying to tap out. But in a post you not only have almost unlimited space, you have an entire keyboard! How much effort does it take to capitalize your I's and type words in full? [/end pet-peeve rant]

Hehe, anyway thanks for letting me join.  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:38 pm
Morluin
*cheers* It's so good to see that I'm not the only wierdo on this site who actually speaks in full sentences. I can understand using text-speak in a text message. You have limited characters there, space is valuable, and frankly, some letters are annoying to tap out. But in a post you not only have almost unlimited space, you have an entire keyboard! How much effort does it take to capitalize your I's and type words in full? [/end pet-peeve rant]

Hehe, anyway thanks for letting me join.
EXACTLY! And in a forum setting you don't even have to respond in 'real time', so there's plenty of time to type things out correctly!

I'm glad some people agree with me; I've gotten quite a bit of criticism from rejected peoples on how irrelevant capitalizing letters is to crafting sweatdrop  

Chisa
Captain

Akito Uchiha

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:51 am
Hi. I'm not a member, but I want to congratulate you on your standards. I thought I was the only one on Gaia that thought calligraphy was important.

I used to style clay, but I stopped quite a while ago. If I take it up again, I'd definitely like to join your Guild.

Good luck to you.  
Sculpted - art + craft guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces