Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Defenders

Back to Guilds

A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply Pokémon Defenders
__[Hey PokéRPers! C'mere a sec. I need opinions.] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:27 pm
OMFG! I love you both for the mucho feedback. I'll reply in seperate posts, though.

CPanda
I like your idea. After giving up on DRoP because of all the sameness, I really appreciate a different idea or two. I like that the human perception of pokemorphs are so ******** up. Ignorance (meaning most of humanity) kills what it doesn't understand, as me mum always says. The only thing is that it makes me think that the rp would be filled with ******** whiney "gothic/punk" n00bs acting tough but "feeling so hurt inside, needing that special person to love." *turns into Tropius and Body Slams those asses*

Eee! You did DRoP, too? *Is her favorite series* I know what you mean, though. It's always a Hatching, or a Gather, or a mating flight. Sometimes it'll be Thread Fall, but not likely.

I expect the angsty n00b problem, though. The only thing I can do to prevent that is stress on the importance of diverse characters. That, and play dictator, banning those idiots 'til they learn to RP right.
twisted

Quote:
You may want to edit the history a tad, because, as it is now, it sounds like a fanfic about the people you mentioned. To me, it seems like these people would have the focus totally on them, and any other people other RPers came up with wouldn't matter in the long run. If you shifted the emphasis to the unknown masses of humans and pokemorphs, it would seem a lot more welcoming to other RPers. Maybe if you didn't mention so many people's names and/or left out their histories. You could just say "the elite four," "the champion," "some people," or nothing at all about specific people's doings. And then you could put that specific stuff somewhere else, for people to find out later.

Well, like I said, it's based off an RP. And I did also figure that the plot might come across like that, which would not be good, since the people would be like, "Oh.. Well.. It's about THEM, so we don't matter! I'm not gonna join then!" But Seth and Renée are just kinda... there. They'd be like the enigmatic generals, rarely seen, but often heard.

Kinda like the Weyrleaders and Weyrwomen in DRoP.

And I'd have to mention those characters and explain their pasts, or else nothing would make sense. They're just that invovled.

Quote:
I really like the "Miracles" idea, and you showing division even among family. More stuff for characters' histories to come from and it really shows the magnitude of this problem.

Genetics = mucho funness. biggrin

Quote:
DUDE!!! I love the PokeGods thing!!! Damn, I would pray to Ho-oh and Lugia! Hmmm, I think religious extremists would fit great into the RP, trying to spread the will of the Gods during all this turmoil. I think it would be really cool, think of the awesome religious symbols there could be. Rainbow wings, suns, moons...it all comes off as awesome to me.

Aye. I figured the legendaries would be, like I said, demi-gods, since in the games/manga/anime, it's clearly stated and implied that they've lived since ancient times. I'm still working on all the PokéGods, though, who, ironically enough, are depicted as being half human and half Pokémon. And I do believe that it would be this fact that prompted Team Rocket to begin the experiments on creating Pokémorphs in the first place.

Quote:
Again, amybe you should mention specific people. Just talk about the "Chaos Children" and you could say somewhere else that the leaders are those two. Or you could say that the leaders are those two, but leave the "world in the hands of those on Earth" instead of two specific people. Or say the "Stars" and make the "Stars" mean outstanding individuals everywhere who fight for rightiousness and peace in the world.

Well, like I said, Seth and Renée, though major players in the plot, probably wouldn't be that big in the RP. They'd be like.... F'lar and Lessa (and I thank god you know DRoP. Makes referencing a LOT easier); without them, nothing would/could happen, but without their "Wing Leaders", "Wingseconds", and the rest of the "Weyrs" nothing else could/would happen either.

And "The Stars" is the name given to Seth and Renée by a gifted Seer, after the Tarot card. It also ties in because their mother, Alexa, is refered to as "The Moon" and "Child of the Moon", because she is cold and aloof while their father, Hoshi, is "The Sun" and "Child of the Sun", as he is outgoing and social. It's a bit of irony, really.

Quote:
I don't exactly understand the UR'MA thing. That explanation just became a history of Alexa, which, while interesting and enjoyable, should go somewhere else. I really don't understand the job nor significance of UR'MA, so that should be in that description, with maybe one sentance saying it was founded by Alexa while she was Indigo League Champion.

Well, UR'MA's like an embassy for the Pokémorphs. Kinda like how the Leagues are for the humans, only... without the Badges and Competitions and whatnot. It's there to try and bring peace and understanding about the 'Morphs. I'm still debating weither or not it will play a big role in the plot.

And that's alright. You didn't sound mean or anything. ^ __^

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:09 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Panda.Ba

Aged Noob

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:27 pm

Yup, DRoP was the first thing I ever RPed. I stopped a while ago, because I was having a tough time at school coupled with rarely being home to my lovely computer. Unfortunately, when I came back and wanted to RP DRoP again, the great I was on had died, and I could never find a really original place to be (and I mean more original that mutations with cool names. I hate when that's the most original thing people can come up with. stressed )

*salutes Supreme Dictator Alexa-sama* Yes, sir! Shall I ready the n00b canon Supreme Dictator sir? twisted

Okey dokey. As long as the exact role of the Stars in the RP is understood for people seeing the history and whatnot for the first time, I'm sure people will join. 3nodding

I know genetics is mucho funness. *one of the things she wants to major in during college is Animal Genetics* heart Rutgers @ New Brunswick/Piscataway baby! xd

That's actually pretty cool. The PokeGods are pokemorph-like beings. So, that would obviously be why they are sympathetic to the Pokemorphs. I really want to get into this religious thing. If I join your RP, I'm definately gonna be a religious fanatic or somthing similar. Hey do you think the PokeGods religion would have priests? Could I be a girl priest? Or a girl learning to be priest-type person? Dude, that would be awesome!!! And my Tropius would be all...religious and stuff! *is really excited about this* Lol, I am so weird sometimes. xd

Oh, I thoughts they were called the Stars because, didn't you say that their father was a rock star? Maybe I'm confused. I'll reread that thing again once I finish posting this, lol.

It would be cool if UR'MA did give out badges or something similar. That could be just another interesting aspect for pokemorphs in the RP. You could have pokemorphs that want to show that they can be just as sucessful as human trainers. This could be extra conflict, with, perhaps, special battle matchups between human and pokemorph gym leaders, elites, and champions.

Okay, I'm glad I didn't sound mean. *hugs* heart

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:30 pm
Oh yeah, I didn't mean to imply that the pokemorphs were whole different thing. I just was going by the fact that they were a suppresed people. Most people who are not accepted by other make their own communities. Think free black communities after slavery. Sometimes people who aren't even being persecuted make their won communities to be with people like themselves. Think Little Italy and Chinatown in NYC. I assumed that pokemorphs would act like humans in that sense, and live with other pokemorphs, creating comunities to better protect their people and just feel a little more appreciated.

Ok, now I'm very confused. So can pokemorphs be controlled by Team Rocket? Like, against their will? That's what being a puppt would mean, but why would they be controlled by Team Rocket? Don't they have free will? Or do you just mean like a puppet creator, or something like that?

Panda.Ba

Aged Noob

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:46 pm
Christ! I know! One of the reasons I stopped trying DRoP as well was 'cause of the damned mutations. In the series, Ruth's the ONLY oddly colored one. Hell, he doesn't even have a color. Somebody "up there" must've forgotten to bring their crayons that day he was being made.

But right and left; red, silver, black, purple, granny smith apple.. It was like a draconic rainbow! stressed And it would've been so bad if there was only, like, one or two mutations in a long while, but every Hatching I tried, there always seemed to be atleast three or four untraditional colors.

Bah. Stupid bastards.

For the genetics, I find the Punett Squares to be the most fun. It's a blast drawing those things up when the parents have grab-bag-ish DNA. And practically won the recessive gene lottery.

Sure, why not? The Gods'll be like the Greek ones (as in, a whole lotta them), so would you be Priestess for all of them, just or few, or just one? I'll give you the list of things I have so far if you want. And I guess the humans could use the excuse that they're "doing the work of (God/ the gods)" when they try to kill the 'Morphs.

Nah. I love my Tarot cards to death and being the fanatic that I am, thought it would be novel to give my main characters names of the cards that best fit them. And I'm sure that once the RPGS is up and running, the other major characters that appear will get card names, too.

Eh. That would require more thought and planning and right now, I'm not only doing most of the work for this (Dorkuu's just "eye candy in the background", as he says), I'm also trying to get my Child of the Moon trilogy fanfction, which is basicaly the story of Alexa, on its way. So I have, like, no more room in my brain for planning. X __x

Well, when the PokéMorphs had first started appearing, the humans were a bit leery, but not as hostile, since for a very brief time, they believed that the Morphs were the victims. But then, Team Rocket feared that their experiments might ally with the rest of the humans and rise against them, so they started to spread lies about how bad the Morphs really were, and it all just went down hill from there.

But have you ever seen that episode of Family Guy where Meg gets the job at that pancake house because the owners think she's an "unwed teenager mom" and Stewie ends up getting taken away and put in that Christianish home with, like, the Indian, eskimo, Chinese, Mexican, ect, ect kids and when he tells them that their countries really aren't at peace, they all start fighting because of it?

It's kinda like that, with Stewie as Team Rocket and half the kids the humans and the other half the Pokémorphs.

And since I didn't adress the question of Morphs having powers before, I'll do that now, but in another post 'cause it's so long. @ __@

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:23 pm
Can/would Pok�morphs have powers and whatnot?

Possibly.

The human takes upon the characteristics of the Pok�mon DNA they were injected with. Like, someone pumped full of Slowpoke DNA would became lazy, slow, and dull-witted, whereas someone with Ninetales in them would have increased, accute hearing and smelling, inhuman speed and agility, and possibly able to see in dim/dark places.

They would also take on the personality characteristics as well; A Charizardmorph would become moody and easily bored, even if they were sweet and bubbly before and a Xatumorph would become quiet, still, and thoughtful, even if they had normally been high-strung, active, and stubborn.

Sometimes the Pok�mon's powers will be carried over to the Morphed as well. I. e. Dragonairmorphs might have the ability to control the weather and Ampharosmorphs could possibly use attacks like Thunder and Light Screen.

Usually, though, this does not happen. Certain qualifications seem to be needed in order to do so. For example, a Fire-Type Master who was strong in body, mind, and soul and injected with, say, Flareon DNA would have a higher chance of being able to use the moves a Flareon would naturally (and sometimes unaturally) learn, rather than a Water-Type Trainer who was injected with Scizor DNA and lacked confidence and bravery.

And on very rare occasions, the said Morph might also be able to use a move or two that the Pokm�mon they were injected with would learn unaturally, as in TMs, HMS, and the Move Tutor. But in order for that to happen, the said person would have to be quite remarkable, by the highest standards,

Though, even if the experiment was a weak, selfish, cowardly person, a deep, intense, soul-stirring, emotional outburst could also prove enough to unlock the ability for the attacks.

For example, Alexa-sama, my Ninetalesmorph, had shown no signs whatsoever of having the ability to use any of Ninetales's moves, but when she found out that Tront/Tromp, an enemy, was the one that had killed Hoshi, the air around her began to shimmer as the plants withered and dried up, clear signs of Overheat.

Now, Alexa and Hoshi are incredibly close. At the time of the said incident, they had been dating (now they're engaged O: ) and they both could agree that the other was "the one". In the past, one of Alexa's biggest fears was "letting someone else down", since she blamed the deaths of her best friend, big brother, and previous fianc�e on herself. And the reality of loosing Hoshi, her very reason for living, brought back that fear as well as invoked a really wicked rage, so the combination of that sorrow, anger, and fear was enough to momentarily remove whatever was blocking her ability to use Ninetales's moves.

And in the cases of certain people being injected with the DNA of a Pok�mon with wings, the person may or may not develope the wings as well. It would all depend on which segments of the Pok�mon DNA took to which other segments of the human's DNA.

In otherwords, wings would totally be by chance.

Uh.. so yea... Does that help?

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

dorkus-malorkus

Tipsy Humorist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:59 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:04 pm
dorkus-malorkus
(Blah blah blah.)

Boy, don't think you're gonna get out of helping.

I make the site.

You have to advertise it.

But yea. Another variable would be how the experiment was Morphed.

For the most part, though, people of various ages, genders, races, ect were kidnapped and over the course of atleast a year, they'd get regular injections of the chemicals and drugs and whatnot (which, might I add, was most unbearably painful*) so... um... yea...

But if the method above didn't work after a first bajillion times, then they'd try the method which spawned Fish Boy Dorkuu made an example of..

I'm sure there are other ways, but, like I said before, I have no more room to think them up. x __@

* = Which is why Lex wouldn't "give into peer pressure", Dorkuu. The drugs have scarred her. X3

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

SilvernKnight

3,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:02 am
@CPanda
Thanks for clearing some of my doubts. But I still have some. I don't live in US, and US is a country, if it is only about Kanto, Kanto is just half of a island. An island is extremely small, and any war could have easily affected them. Well, US in the past three years waged Wars outside of the country... So... The Pokemorph battle is not worldwide right? Right?

And... I would prefer an army full of cute little Cleffa-morps then Golem-morphs. Considering that the Clefairy-family have very good offensive and defensive and especially support skills to fully utilise a Counter-Attack strategy on the much more offensive base Golem. In any case of a strong Cleffa family and their power would had wreak a Golem assualt squad. (If you think real-life pokemon, it doesn't really matters or evolution or exterior look. It is how you train them or use them in strategically action could then ensure a victory.

@Alexa-sama
Um... I disagree in Panda that people will be living like normal in time of War...

Quote:
"Pok鍯rph" is YEARS old. I have absolutely no clue where it came from, or who coined it, so I have no idea why it doesn't seem to make sense.

And um... Okay...

Quote:
Screw the cute Pok魯n! There's more to the Pok魯n world than them! Not everyone's a Trainer. And I'm sure there are people in there that are rather against the little monsters, as well. I prefer to depict the "darker side" to this world, because not everything's sunshine and roses.

I know that, but SOME OF US DID like to know what with the cute Pokemon. And what wrong with being cute?

Quote:
Like Panda said, Magma and Aqua would be irrelevant, since the plot doesn't concern them the least bit. It takes place mainly in Kanto, so the only Team really worth mentioning is Rocket, and we all know why. As for Joy and Jenny... They'd just be there. Not important the least bit, but it just wouldn't be right without them.
Time changes, in the future, not everyday is the same.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:12 pm
Alexa-sama
I make the site.

You have to advertise it.

Is the site made already?! Where is it?!!! AAAAHHHHH!!! Where?!!!  

Panda.Ba

Aged Noob

Panda.Ba

Aged Noob

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:26 pm
Oh, I meant priest, like a priest in the Catholic Church. (That's the only one I'm familiar with) You know, reads the holy text and preaches the word of the Gods and stuff. So I could be all holy and learning to be one of those, and I could go around and try to teach people the will of the allmighty ones, and show them their true salvation.

And why would humans be doing the will of the Gods by hurting the Pokemorphs? Wouldn't the will of the Gods be saving the Pokrmorphs?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:35 pm
Ooooooh, this sounds like such an interesting and absorbing rp.....and I almost never find rps that I'm interested in. eek I'd be willing to join, if I wasn't so shy and lazy. >>;  

Sui Kune

Moonlight Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Panda.Ba

Aged Noob

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:38 pm
Sui Kune
Ooooooh, this sounds like such an interesting and absorbing rp.....and I almost never find rps that I'm interested in. eek I'd be willing to join, if I wasn't so shy and lazy. >>;

Sui is not allowed to be shy or lazy! Not even at the same time!!! *drags Sui to the RP* ...Wait, where is it? *is still lost* Damn.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:42 pm
CPanda
And why would humans be doing the will of the Gods by hurting the Pokemorphs? Wouldn't the will of the Gods be saving the Pokrmorphs?

Why did the Christians invade Frnace? England? Everywhere under the sun? To do as God's will and convert (forcefully) others to their religion. the 'word' of a 'God' can be easily misinterpreted.*nods*  

dorkus-malorkus

Tipsy Humorist

Panda.Ba

Aged Noob

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:00 pm
dorkus-malorkus
CPanda

Why did the Christians invade Frnace? England? Everywhere under the sun? To do as God's will and convert (forcefully) others to their religion. the 'word' of a 'God' can be easily misinterpreted.*nods*

I never did understand why the Christians invaded the Furnace. I guess they were cold. *shrugs*

xd

Yeah, I guess you're right. You're a smart one, aren't you? *pets*

Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas