Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Swap anytime soon? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

To swap or Not to swap?
  Yay :)
  Nay :(
View Results

loves_funeral_song

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:57 pm
loves_funeral_song
s.t.a.r.r.y
We could always make a guild blog and go from there. Then it's not dependent on any outside communities rules.

A swap sounds awesome, especially since it would probably be mixed craft bearing in mind the variety of crafts people do here.

That sounds like a great idea! I think we should go with this idea, that way, we can have a place all our own to have future swaps! 3nodding

Speaking of which, who would start the blog, and what site could you use to start the blog?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:06 am
I love this idea! It would be something to keep me motivated.  

Supertheory

s.t.a.r.r.y

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:50 am
loves_funeral_song
loves_funeral_song
s.t.a.r.r.y
We could always make a guild blog and go from there. Then it's not dependent on any outside communities rules.

A swap sounds awesome, especially since it would probably be mixed craft bearing in mind the variety of crafts people do here.

That sounds like a great idea! I think we should go with this idea, that way, we can have a place all our own to have future swaps! 3nodding

Speaking of which, who would start the blog, and what site could you use to start the blog?

I'm willing to host it on a sub domain of my own site. Would I need permission to do that?

I think something like wordpress or drupal would work great as you can have multiple authors and it's pretty secure for those worried about their email addresses and such being posted.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:19 pm
DecemberFlower
I think it really depends on the parameters set up by whoever runs the swap. I see swaps all the time in the Ravelry groups I'm in, and each one is different. Some examples:

-College Knitters does swaps where you knit something for your swap partner in their school colors (scarf or mitts or something else wearable) and send the finished item to them along with something you think is essential for college life.

-Cuppa Tea? has done a couple of swaps. One involved sending some yarn and a thrift store item to the partner. Another was a luxury yarn swap. I'm sure both swaps involved sending some tea along, too.

-Etsy Sellers is going to do a knitting/spinning tool swap, where people send needles, stitch markers, and other handmade tools to their partners.

There's a lot of variety in swaps, but the one thing that's constant is that each person gets a partner to send some kind of gift to. And each person has someone send something to them. It depends a lot on the honesty of the participants to make sure that everybody gets their stuff.

I'd suggest saying whether or not you want to be in the swap, what craft you do, and putting a lower limit on the amount to spend, something small, such as $10 worth of stuff. I also like the idea of making a scarf in the person's favorite (or school) colors. Scarves don't have to be overly complicated and one size fits all.

DecemberFlower: Oooh, you're on Ravelry? What's your username?  

Knit Happens

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

weyrdkat

6,950 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:35 pm
Sounds good to me. . .there are so many different crafts here that it could be really interesting. We'd have to post pictures of all the items after so everyone could see. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:28 pm
I'd like to do a swap as well, I love crafting things, though my sewing machine is out of commission. I can crochet, cross stitch and many other things :3  

Peprika

Noob

7,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers