Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply -~- Aydindril -~- We welcome our new sister affiliate, A World Divided!
male confessors Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nicolai the Necromancer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:41 pm
I don't think it's a taught skill, Richard never learned how to do it yet Kahlan found him with his eyes wide open while he slept. It's in book 2, one of the earlier chapters, that they mention it. I just think it's kind of strange since Zedd and Richard can do it while Richard didn't even know how to do it.  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:04 pm
Nicolai the Necromancer
I don't think it's a taught skill, Richard never learned how to do it yet Kahlan found him with his eyes wide open while he slept. It's in book 2, one of the earlier chapters, that they mention it. I just think it's kind of strange since Zedd and Richard can do it while Richard didn't even know how to do it.

thats what i mean, its an autonomus thing that the gift triggers in wizards as a defense mechanism to keeo them safe even when they aren't concious  

xx Koloblicin xx

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:13 pm
I think the word you're looking for is automatic or better yet, natural, since the ability comes naturally after learning to use the gift and using it over-time for a little while.  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:29 pm
no autonomus (im bad at spelling) it happens automatically without needing to think about it, and the eye thing starts after their gift is triggered,  

xx Koloblicin xx

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:43 pm
xx Koloblicin xx
no autonomus (im bad at spelling) it happens automatically without needing to think about it, and the eye thing starts after their gift is triggered,
Autonomous. :3  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:13 pm
right autonomous see, i can spell, just not well...  

xx Koloblicin xx

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:21 am
x3  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:26 pm
well anyway heres my tektek of jagang
btw im reading confessor finally
User Image  

xx Koloblicin xx

Miki Hikari
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:58 pm
That is one creepy Jagang avi. Who is the older lady behind him though?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:32 pm
No, no wizards had only subtractive. Remember...was it soul of the fire or temple of the winds, when they talk about the wizard who sealed the temple, and changed something inside it to stop the subtraticve power from being born in new wizards. Therefore, all wizards really should have both, they just dont cause of that. that means no just sub  

Zeke Lanistter

sabre_sword
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:59 am
Creepy Jagang. Someone should cosplay that for halloween. xD

Is that lady Ulicia?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:20 am
xx Koloblicin xx
okay, i have a question slash hope slash topic for everyone, what do you think about the make confessors, all the books state is about how they can use their ability as much as they want and they are seduced by their power, but what i want to know is things like

what do you think they wear?
i think they wore black robes as the equivalent to the confessors dress and the "father" confessor would wear a white robe

when exactly were the dark times of the male confessors?
i think they were around the times of zedd's parents, because zedd doesn't remember those times but shota's mother was around for it and told her all about them,

were there any gifted confessors before like what shota thinks richard and kahlan will have?
i think magda searus had a gifted child,

other questions:
what do you think gifted women with both sides of the gift were called? like the female equivalent to war wizards.

do you think there were wizards with simply both sides of the gift? but not war wizards (having to use their gift through feelings)

do you think there were wizards with just the subtractive side of the gift?

what would happen if two dream walkers tried to take over the same person? or each other?

p.s. my hope is that the next book in the series is a prequel either from the great war or the dark times...

My theory on male confessors:

When they didn't get what they wanted in their Terrible Twos, Roaring Thunder Without Sound. Every time they threw a little hissy fit, Roaring Thunder Without Sound. Catching the drift? Growing up like that, they became spoiled and would take it too far.

Example: Pretty girl walks by. He thinks she's gorgeous. "I want her as my mate." So, he touches her. A bunch of people refuse to give him what he desires. He touches them.

That's theory that brewed in my head when they mentioned everything.  

Phanari

Phanari

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:28 am
xx Koloblicin xx
well anyway heres my tektek of jagang
btw im reading confessor finally
User Image

Lucky. Because of my injury I'm still on FotF. AUDIO! Makes me cry. I told Goodkind about the whole thing and he was very moved by it and saddened do he wrote a quote from Zedd in my Confessor book.

Mom (who I also got into the series) told me that ONE OF my fav charcters dies in this FOTf so I'm sad, but stgill reading it. Or should I say: Listening to it.

I'm unable to read Goodkind's cadance anymore. Mary Janice Davidson was recommended to me and her, I can read for more than a paragraph at a time.
The book is Rommance, yeah but............it's funny as hell. Undead and Unwed is the tittle.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:23 pm
Zeke Lanistter
No, no wizards had only subtractive. Remember...was it soul of the fire or temple of the winds, when they talk about the wizard who sealed the temple, and changed something inside it to stop the subtraticve power from being born in new wizards. Therefore, all wizards really should have both, they just dont cause of that. that means no just sub
no remember they say in one book that in kolo's journal it said that there were wizards with only 1 side of the gift, but they weren't seen as full wizards, they were looked at as handycapped by wizards with both sides  

xx Koloblicin xx

xx Koloblicin xx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:33 pm
sabre_sword
Creepy Jagang. Someone should cosplay that for halloween. xD

Is that lady Ulicia?
its just simply a sister of the dark  
-~- Aydindril -~- We welcome our new sister affiliate, A World Divided!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games