9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:22 am
Yami no Moonlight
Sai-kun
Nikou
Does anyone know when it arrives in th US?

It is already being serialized in Viz's Shoujo Beat magazine.
There have been at least two chapters released, but I havent been keeping track.
(::checks Viz's website:: WTF..."Manga from the heart"? What the hell kind of slogan is that?)
Viz's site doesnt have any official release date on the tankoubon, you can try checking amazon if they have one out, but if they do its liable to change without notice.

Would God Child even really be considered manga from the heart? It's dark and there's blood... XD

Eto...from a very special kind of heart? (like mine...::shifty eyes:: )
It's still a very lovely manga and at its core its about emotions and instincts and pain and love, XD I'd rather have this kind of manga from the heart than a waffy shoujo about someone's boy troubles...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:29 pm
Sai-kun
Yami no Moonlight
Sai-kun
Nikou
Does anyone know when it arrives in th US?

It is already being serialized in Viz's Shoujo Beat magazine.
There have been at least two chapters released, but I havent been keeping track.
(::checks Viz's website:: WTF..."Manga from the heart"? What the hell kind of slogan is that?)
Viz's site doesnt have any official release date on the tankoubon, you can try checking amazon if they have one out, but if they do its liable to change without notice.

Would God Child even really be considered manga from the heart? It's dark and there's blood... XD

Eto...from a very special kind of heart? (like mine...::shifty eyes:: )
It's still a very lovely manga and at its core its about emotions and instincts and pain and love, XD I'd rather have this kind of manga from the heart than a waffy shoujo about someone's boy troubles...

Hm. Very true. It is a lot better, but I still like that other kind of Shoujo. ^.^;

Merciless Darkness

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:29 am
I've got a question.

I've been looking around on different sites, and on a swedish net bookstore I saw something called "The Cain Saga" said to be distributed by VIZ. There was no picture, so I don't what it really is. Is VIZ going to publish Cin under his title? or is it something else?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:44 am
Kamikaze Pedestrian
I've got a question.

I've been looking around on different sites, and on a swedish net bookstore I saw something called "The Cain Saga" said to be distributed by VIZ. There was no picture, so I don't what it really is. Is VIZ going to publish Cin under his title? or is it something else?

Actually, VIZ does have the entire count cain series licensed. So it's extremely odd that s-c.net still has volumes 1-5 posted. Also, the publication date for volumes 1 and 2 of the series was august something and september something. But you have to special order them because they are virtually unfindable in a store. They are definately not publicizing as much as I think they should be. VIZ is releasing the god child arc and the first 5 volumes as two separate series for some reason.... I don't know who's idea THAT was... confused  

YGOPaladin

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:55 am
YGOPaladin
Kamikaze Pedestrian
I've got a question.

Actually, VIZ does have the entire count cain series licensed. So it's extremely odd that s-c.net still has volumes 1-5 posted. Also, the publication date for volumes 1 and 2 of the series was august something and september something. But you have to special order them because they are virtually unfindable in a store. They are definately not publicizing as much as I think they should be. VIZ is releasing the god child arc and the first 5 volumes as two separate series for some reason.... I don't know who's idea THAT was... confused

Perhaps Cain Saga will be the first 5 volumes of Count Cain...but it could be just as likely a whole 'nother series...I must look into this...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:21 am
Sai-kun
YGOPaladin
Kamikaze Pedestrian
I've got a question.

Perhaps Cain Saga will be the first 5 volumes of Count Cain...but it could be just as likely a whole 'nother series...I must look into this...

When you're done tell us what you find. This whole thing seems kind of stupid, but maybe that's just me.  

Merciless Darkness

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:46 am
Yami no Moonlight
Sai-kun
YGOPaladin
Kamikaze Pedestrian
I've got a question.

When you're done tell us what you find. This whole thing seems kind of stupid, but maybe that's just me.

No, it's not just you. The same people are in both series, so why not just link them with each other? Or publish all of it as Godchild or something.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:32 pm
Kamikaze Pedestrian
Yami no Moonlight
Sai-kun
YGOPaladin
Kamikaze Pedestrian
I've got a question.

No, it's not just you. The same people are in both series, so why not just link them with each other? Or publish all of it as Godchild or something.

Well, me being a crazy purist wouldn't like them calling it all God Child XD
It could all go under the heading of Count Cain, though, but each of the arcs is called a different name and God Child is the final arc...so it would be misleading.
::pokes Viz:: Damn you for being vague. You know, every other company's site is informative but YOURS.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Merciless Darkness

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:31 am
Viz really is the least helpful company I know of... and I know a lot.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:26 pm
Sai-kun
Kamikaze Pedestrian
Yami no Moonlight
Sai-kun
YGOPaladin
Kamikaze Pedestrian
I've got a question.

Well, me being a crazy purist wouldn't like them calling it all God Child XD
It could all go under the heading of Count Cain, though, but each of the arcs is called a different name and God Child is the final arc...so it would be misleading.
::pokes Viz:: Damn you for being vague. You know, every other company's site is informative but YOURS.

Isn't that the truth. I spent about a month digging up information on the cain saga- as VIZ calls it- after I found an ad for it on a shop anime store online. I didn't find ANY info on VIZ's site, everything I eventually found out came from other places. STOOPID VIZ!  

YGOPaladin

alicelights

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:02 am
Moonlit Masquerade
If you can read French, they're already on the 3rd God Child book. It's from the French publishing company called Tonkam...but it might be expensive since it's coming from France unless you can find it at a French bookstore or something.

Yeah, I was in Quebec a few months ago, they had all of the original 'Cain' manga... and the first 'God Child'. (I brought them heart )

Even if you can't read French. A lot of the words are guessable and if you've already read it all via scanlations...well, you probably know it well enough.

It's always nice reading things in hardback, whenever you like, wherever you like. On that note, I am awaiting the arrival of the 'Death note' I ordered from Viz.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:42 pm
About that "manga from the heart" thing... Perhaps, since their main target are "girls", then maybe they think it'll sound 'better'...? sweatdrop  

Lumicran_Minamoto

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:55 am
alicelights
Moonlit Masquerade
If you can read French, they're already on the 3rd God Child book. It's from the French publishing company called Tonkam...but it might be expensive since it's coming from France unless you can find it at a French bookstore or something.

Yeah, I was in Quebec a few months ago, they had all of the original 'Cain' manga... and the first 'God Child'. (I brought them heart )

Even if you can't read French. A lot of the words are guessable and if you've already read it all via scanlations...well, you probably know it well enough.

It's always nice reading things in hardback, whenever you like, wherever you like. On that note, I am awaiting the arrival of the 'Death note' I ordered from Viz.

I live in Quebec! So it's kind of mandatory that I know French, it's a law rolleyes . But French and Spanish are somewhat similar, and if you have any problems with it, I'm sure there are loads of sites online that'll give you the book summary or something.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:00 am
Moonlit Masquerade
alicelights
Moonlit Masquerade

I live in Quebec! So it's kind of mandatory that I know French, it's a law rolleyes . But French and Spanish are somewhat similar, and if you have any problems with it, I'm sure there are loads of sites online that'll give you the book summary or something.

French spelling baffles me ^_^;;
Im a 4 year Spanish student myself, havent taken Spanish in probably...4-5 years though, but it still bubbles to the surface sometimes.

Tonkam...I like them, they do good work with manga!
France has been in the manga business for a long time, long before manga was as popular as it is today in the United States.

Also, Death Note is going to be released soon?  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

dead.moki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:10 pm
I think it's coming out in volume-form sometime in March of '06?

And hey~ One more issue of SB until it's caught up with S-C, correct?

Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff