Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Obviously god did it Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Edi Gammon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:15 pm
Daffodil the Destroyer
... if you've "lost your happiness" or whatever, just because you've realized that the crutch of religion doesn't work for you anymore... then that's probably something that you should be dealing with in a more healthy manner in the first place. If you've got depression, religion shouldn't be your cure - therapy should. It is a long-term fix that is far healthier than filling your mind with things you have to force yourself to believe in.

Quote for great justice!
exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:42 pm
My step grandma swears her strange luck with parking spaces and sales are due to her dead grandma and God watching over her.
1. She never, NEVER even met her grandma.
2. Huh?

I agree with George Carlin. (May he rest peacefully in that folder on someones computer for dead people...for eternity.) Dead people won't waste there time (If there is a heaven) watching over people.
And then Gods mercy exists as much as Fairy godparents.

People in the church services...(My parents force me to go to) I've seen, always pray for a loved one to pull through in cases of tradgedy. They would have more luck praying to their Doctor who CAN actually cure them.

Also the phrase "Gods hands guide him" also bugs me. This is used in cases of Doctors Who have trained HOW many years? I'd hope their hands would be steady without so called Divine intervention.

As for the guy and the swimming...Depending how much excess fat he has that could have saved him. Or sometimes the act of praying is called a will to live...and that saves people so...yeah it's called earth and having confidence in yourself.

*Eh...that sounds harsh... sweatdrop  

Crooked_Lamb

Crooked_Lamb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:50 pm
Asterisk07
*shaking head left to right* that is just terrible...*huuh* Religion consuming peoples lives...you know everyone hates me at school now because David( the very religious guy I was talking about) who isabsolutaly adored by EVERYONE because everyone says how they wish they could be as religious as him, or how good of a christian he is, blah blah freaking blah, either way he is just an a** to me and whenever I say anything "disrespectful" or bad towards David everyone goes off on me...I hate him so much now stressed ...dang it I hate people that do drastic things for dumb a** reasons 3nodding

The religious in my school and the non religious are like the jets and...well warring sides without all the singing.

But if you plaster a cross on your chest and pray instead of saying the pledge...YOUR ADORED by the teachers...

One such case where this was favortism.

My friend Tiffy and I were goofing off on a feild trip during my junior year. The Chruchy people said nasty things to us about how we were going to burn in hell. Tossed stuff at us. Kicked Tiffy...spat on her even. Damned both of us to hell. Then Tiffy says one thing only to defend herself.

"Well at least I'm accepting of others." Or something like that. The teacher jumps up tells her to sit down (we were on the bus at the time) and gives her a weeks worth of detintion. The next week George Carlin..(MHRIP) and Wiccan symbols were banned in our school, as being innapropriate..(He sort of was) and not in keeping with seperation on church and state. BUUUUUUUUUUt Christians and Catholics could still wear crossess rosaries and Jesus parafanalia....WTF?  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff