Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Neon Love's Gang
I feel like I don't know some of you. (Moved...) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:59 pm
Ok I have one. If your life was an anime show, which show would you prefer it to be like? (I hope it isn't too dumb a question)  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:33 pm
Which show, huh? Well... I'm a space buff. I love space. However, there aren't very many animes that do space battles... well... effectively. I mean, mechas are cool and all, but as far as practicality, effectiveness, cost, engineering (not to mention all those moving parts means very little redundancy and prone to malfunctions), they just aren't the right choice. On top of all that, you have to add in that movement in space is not the same as movement on the ground. The laws of physics become a b**** in space. A simple punch will send you reeling in circles thanks to Newton's Third Law. You'd have to have incredibly complex and reactant computers to deal with every movement of the pilot, and a crapload of maneuvering jets all over the place to actually counteract every force... And it's have to be a pretty violent counteraction to negate the sudden acceleration of a one ton metal arm, and then the impact with another metal face. ... I'm sure you get the picture.

... I'm severely off topic...

The closest anime I've seen to the kind of space fighting I like (and would somewhat like to be common in a world I lived in) would probably be Outlaw Star... but it's still a little far off (grappling arm fights... on space ships... moving at several hundreds, if not thousands of miles per hour while fighting. I mean... seriously... no. Just, no).

So I guess my answer is Outlaw Star... That or Vandread, but Vandread has a serious mecha presence... but It also has a serious space fighter presence...
... I don't know... Maybe I'll have to change my answer to Vandread. Vandread fighting is actually a pretty good mix. I'm sure there will be some mecha pilots in the distant future... They work good for orbital invasions, that's for sure. Although, the Mech Warrior style mechs would work better.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

silly_sammy22

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:16 pm
Yes Feb. 29th was a very good answer... biggrin
Hmmmm..thinking..thinking..thinking....
Ok, if you could be any animal in the world (can be from past or present..but on earth) what would you be and why?
(Keep in mind habitat, diet, mates...etc...yes I want you to think on this one lol)  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:38 pm
I'm assuming you want an answer other than "Human."
So...

A Dolphin.

I required only one second to think about that. That's it. Dolphins are f***ing awesome. That statement might or might not be influenced by the Ecco games, or flipper... or Animorphs... or pretty much anything. No, screw it, that last statement about the statement before it is stupid. Dolphins kick serious a**, and I'd think that without any of those previously mentioned things. I've had dreams that I was a dolphin (based on the Ecco games) and it was f***ing win. ... I obviously like dolphins. My wish to be a dolphin is second only to my wish to be a space explorer.

... This is copied verbatim from my answer in the ^>v game topic in the activities sub-forum. It pretty much sums up my feelings exactly, so why should I change it?

... But I will add on to it.
Dolphins always seem so frickin' happy. They have so much fun. In my opinion, they are the kings of the ocean. Plus, they're smart. To top it off, they even have echolocation! Dolphins are win.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:30 am
Hmm... judging by the "latest post" thing, it looks like Gweener was going to ask me something, then decided not to...

How odd.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:27 am
Sorry, seems I've got issues!...
I guess without all my babbling, I was just asking where you see yourself in x years (5 or whatever timeline you have set in your mind) and if you have a back-up plan or idea. Sorry so serious! (Alphagirl would like that one!) And of course you don't have to answer if it's too much.

Gweener

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:14 am
I really dislike those sorts of questions. I've never enjoyed thinking of what I'm going to be in the future, becuase I always tend to overthink it. Sure, it starts out small, like what kind of job I'm going to be doing, but then I always end up going really far ahead and wondering how I'm going to find my wife and what am I going to do to get her to marry me, how I'm going to propose and stuff. Then I start thinking about how I'm going to raise my kids and if they'll turn out okay, and what I'm going to do about retiring, and if my last words on my deathbed are going to be inspiring or profound or something, and hoping my family doesn't mourn me too much and goes on with their lives. At the end of it I usually get depressed for some reason.

... Seriously, a guy my age shouldn't be thinking about that crap, but whenever I think about the future, I can't just stop at 5 years from now. It keeps going and going and going. And then I always get depressed at the end, like... sad for the family I leave behind but accepting the fact that that's just how life goes.

... And now you understand why I hate questions about what I plan to do in my future. Besides, my guesses about my own future have the uncanny tendency to be wrong, so why should I even bother.

That being said, I suppose I should still give some sort of semblance of an answer to that question. I'll probably (hopefully...) be out of college by then. I'll probably have some sort of starting job programming for a software company. That's about as descriptive as I think I should get.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:18 am
Oh, and in case anyone still cares, I still haven't figured out what my favorite book is... yet.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Gweener

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:38 am
Yeah, sorry for that. Guess that's why I had retracted the question. It's just that I had never thought about, "what if I don't make it through college." Just thought, of course, I would! And I came so close, but the situation changed and for the time being, it's just not an option right now. Like I said, I've got issues. I think you're right about just let things happen, things will fall in place! You can think and over-think and things still probably happen the way you imagine. And they say everything happens for a reason. Now if I can just figure out who they are!

On to a lighter topic!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:53 am
... lighter topic...
Like wood, kindling and candles?

... Please forgive my absolutely horrible pun. It is quite horrible.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:27 am
Gosh! Me iz thinking thinking thinking. Yea; just like me sis. hehe. Though, I think Silly has come up with some interesting questions. But; I'll give it a try.

Picture yourself in a semi-lit room. You are at a desk. You've just had three huge big gulps and you are drawing like mad. You've had so much mega caffeine that when you look down at your drawing, it starts moving around on the page as if it's come to life. Before you know it; you've been transported into that drawing. Now; here is your question. (Yea; had to set the mood a bit.)

What is your drawing about?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:32 am
Well... this is kind of a... biased question to ask, seeing as I already know what the very next thing I need to draw is... seeing as it's my current project.

However, if I didn't have that project (which happens to be an avatar drawing of myself) It would probably have something to do with space... in which case, I'd die a horrible death as I either suffocated, froze to death, had all the air pockets in my body explode, like my sinus cavities and lungs, or incinerated in the direct light of a star.

... It wouldn't be a good thing.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:34 am
Sorry I can't really answer that question in detail... since I'm not exactly in a drawing mood at all, right now. It's not exactly easy to be that detailed about something I have no desire to do, right now.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:18 pm
what would you do on a rainy day (the only reason I'm asking is becuase it's raining in indy right now)  

loopylupe
Crew

Neon Love's Gang

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas