Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Knife OR gun? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So which do you prefer?
  Da Knife.
  Le Gun
View Results

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:01 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
No offense to anyone, but I think people who actually bother beating the whole game with just a knife have a little too much time on their hands.

I agree. Have you seen the walkthroughs that use football plays to explain how to use it?  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:03 am
Personally, in tough situations, I rely on my gun more than anything. For some odd reason I like to think that a pistol will be all I need unless proved otherwise. With my horror game playing expertise, I am disproved a lot. However, if it is a situation that I consider amusing, I'll gladly try and use l33t knife skillz.  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:38 am
I have never needed to use a knife in any Resident Evil game. Aside from the very first time I have ever played the remake. But in that case, it didn't help much. It got me out of ONE bad situation, and then I found more clips... Or... I restarted as Jill... I can't remember anymore.
Point is, I have never found the knife to be useful.
It's more effective in Code Veronica, but just as unnecessary as in any other RE game.  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:59 am
Lol, in Veronica, you're a simpleton not to use it on the zombies. It's almost as bad as a cheat.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:42 am
I like it, but it's always the first to go in the box in tight situations. In RE2 it is completely useless, and I don't know if I've ever used it in RE1. I never had a reason.  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:12 pm
Oh, actually, I don't know how this happened, but one time in Remake, I slashed a cerberus and it dropped, so I kept on slashing at it, while it was down, until it died. Didn't work the second time. sweatdrop  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:16 pm
The only time I ever used a knife in RE2 was at the beginning when you climb on that dumpster in the alley and you have the female and male zombie on the other side. Took me a while to get kill them.  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:42 pm
Oh yeah, I remember using the knife there, when I first used to play the game. Now I'm just too good, so I run around them without them touching me.  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:19 am
It was at that part in RE2 that I determined that the knife was going in the first box I found. That was terrible.

You killed a cerberus with a knife? Was it like in mid-air when you swiped it? xd  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:26 am
Too long ago to remember. Wither way, the knife took it down, then I ran up to it and slashed it until it died, it wasn't able to get back up.
And that was a REmake cerberus. Much more badass than the classic cerberus.  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:15 am
Now I'm gonna have to get Remake out and try this. I'm curious. I'm gonna buy the original. Wesker's voice in that one reminds me of a rebellious teenage boy.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:29 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Oh yeah, I remember using the knife there, when I first used to play the game. Now I'm just too good, so I run around them without them touching me.
In the RE2 strategy guide I own, in the enemies section it has a comprehensive guide to how many attacks with each weapon each creature and boss takes... I shall document how many knife strikes is required for each creature.

Zombies: 20-30
Lickers: 14-15
Dogs: 09-10
Crows: 01
Spiders: 05-07
Ivy: 15-16
Moth: 21
Baby Boss (Scenario A): 32-42
Alligator: 1 (Assumes you use the pressurized tank)
"G Type" 1 (Scenario A): 48
"G Type" 2 & 3 (Scenario A): 48
Mr. X (Scenario B): 40-42
"G Type" 1 (Scenario B): 33-35
"G Type" 2 (Scenario B): 45
Final Mr. X (Scenario B): 15-17
"G Type" 3 (Scenario B): N/A  

Vinessa_Valentine

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:31 pm
Oh my God. That's a whole lotta knife.

The only thing I'd use it on in 2 ( according to your list) is crows, and since I never kill them. the knife shall stay in the box  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:59 pm
I suck hard with the knife on any RE game except RE4..I guess because it's easier than the older games.

But I still love the older games more than RE4.

mrgreen

Draconian Chaos

Hallowed Shapeshifter

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:23 pm
REaceofclubs
Oh my God. That's a whole lotta knife.

The only thing I'd use it on in 2 ( according to your list) is crows, and since I never kill them. the knife shall stay in the box
The list DID come from the official guide. The only other reason it says to use the knife instead of just on crows is to kill the Brad Vickers zombie at the beginning if you want the special key.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff