Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Where is Capcom taking this? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Resident Evil is
  Going down the toilet quickly, but the classics are still just that: Classic.
  Getting better and better with every game.
View Results

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:08 am
Okay it was from Wikipedia which makes it completely unreliable. Also, it was too paranormal not scary. My bad.

But anyway, according to... the all knowing wikipedia... it was too paranormal so Mikami took over directoral duties. *shrug*

They were talking about a "Hooked Man's Version", so now I'm YouTubing it.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:18 am
Yeah, it did seem too paranormal... But Ganados are too paranormal also.
Which really makes me wonder... Was Resident Evil 4 doomed from the start?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:48 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Ganados paranormal? I'd like your reasoning for this. To me it seems like Las Plagas had origins that were more sci-fi than paranormal. The ultimate evolution of a higher cask Plagas infecting a religious leader and him using the lesser parasites to infect others to gain minions seems like an alien invasion scenario to me. Still though, that too sounds too far from RE origins.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:16 pm
As far as a hispanic zombie village, the concept is fine until you make them not zombies... Leon even says they aren't zombies, if I recall correctly. Forgive me if zombie's is always what I connect RE with... How dare I!

I would say it was too Sci-Fi. Like she said: Aliens, Invasion of the Body Snatchers. I always considered Paranormal to be like Amnityville Horror or TAPS. Ya know, ghost stories But those are my personal classifications. I see what BioEx is saying though.

I got the idea that RE4 originally had like... like Vampire: The Masquerade material.

And, yes, it was probably doomed to begin with. Eventhough paranormal is more my style, it still isn't RE. Best thing about this series is the reality of it.  

REaceofclubs

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:48 pm
I can see it now... Resident Evil: Alien Body Snatchers.

confused

Terrrrrible!  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:50 pm
Vinessa_Valentine
Biohazard EXTREME
Ganados paranormal? I'd like your reasoning for this. To me it seems like Las Plagas had origins that were more sci-fi than paranormal. The ultimate evolution of a higher cask Plagas infecting a religious leader and him using the lesser parasites to infect others to gain minions seems like an alien invasion scenario to me. Still though, that too sounds too far from RE origins.

It was an oversimplified, ridiculous concept. It's one thing if there's a virus developed in the lab...
But am I to believe that there were these super powerful parasites just sitting there in our earth, and they've been there for ages? That's just too farfetched.
I guess paranormal is a wrong word. But Farfetched would be it. People can preach all they want about, "Oh, well how realistic are zombies?"
A lot more realistic than ancient parasites. I have my limits.  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:36 pm
Zombie as just a concept is farfetched until you attach the science to it. After that, it's like the only thing that keeps outbreaks from happening is that no one has developed the viruses yet.
What I mean is, RE is something that, when you're playing it, you're thinking "Wow. This is intelligent. What if this actually happened!" Then you (Well, I) think "I'd deffinately be screwed..." and to me the reality is what's so scary about it.

By the way 'farfetched' is the perfect word. Thumbs up.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:54 pm
Of course, you take ancient parasites, and you add an evil CULT to it, and that does not help things one bit. Then add the fact that these parasites are capable of growing 10 times their size in seconds? That's where the farfetched comes in. Because if the parasite idea WAS paranormal, then it'd be fine. But since it's science fiction, it's logistically impossible.
It seems like Capcom would have spend days on contemplating the science behind RE for the earlier games. Then for RE4, it seems like it was thought up in an hour.  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:06 pm
Parasites could make sense. There are actually parasites that can (sort of) control their host. It would have made sense to graduate from leech DNA to that, but no. That would have made sense.
We had to have a cult...Why a cult? I'm sorry that's so random to me. Then again so was the castle. (Also part of the cult.)  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:07 pm
Maybe if the parasites were ALSO created by some company, or something among those lines. But to assume that parasites THAT intelligent were just there, static in the soil? THAT'S what's farfetched about it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:15 pm
Yeah, that's just stupid. Anything that intelligent would insert itself into the host, not need someone to do the injecting for it.

But that's what I meant when I said graduate: That a company began experimenting with it, saw that it was more affective than leech DNA, and found a way to make it work.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:30 pm
And that's the problem. That's the major difference between RE4 and any other bad RE game. Survivor may not have the best gameplay, the best voice acting. The storyline may be only decent. But none of those things change the foundation of the series.
Code Veronica is cheesy. Alfred and Alexia weren't portrayed as the best characters on earth and the whole game may be a little too Soap Opera. But it didn't change the foundation of the series.

You got Resident Evil 4, where there was a virus created by Umbrella. All the while, we are to believe that these parasites were there all along... That changes the entire foundation of the series. They're factoring in a whole new history for the series. And it doesn't do it any justice. That's why I don't bother with the new Resident Evil games.

Umbrella Chronicles introduced another kind of snag. But the principle is the same. You got Sergei, who, all of a sudden we're meant to believe that he was there all along. I HATE those kinds of prequels. Where they say, "Oh yeah, this new character? He was there all along." Maybe if it was thought out a little better, but it wasn't. He was just kind of there, and I hated it.

Then he himself transformed into that weird quasi-Tyrant thing in an instant. It didn't even look like a mutation. It was a transformation. Like someone would transform in games like Onimusha. It was too "Magic" looking. And then we're lead to assume that that transformation was caused by the same virus as Wesker's, and that Wesker himself is destined to transform one day?

Again, that's adding something shallow and stupid to the whole foundation of the series. I do NOT want to see what kind of crap they'll come up with in RE5. And after letting go. After telling myself, "I'm not going to acknowledge this travesty." Selling off my RE4s... I disconnected myself from it. So now I'm a free man. And as far as I'm concerned, what happened after Code Veronica is all up to my imagination. As far as I'm concerned, Sergei's existence, the Russia incident, Las Plagas, all of that. It never happened.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:45 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
You got Resident Evil 4, where there was a virus created by Umbrella. All the while, we are to believe that these parasites were there all along... That changes the entire foundation of the series. They're factoring in a whole new history for the series. And it doesn't do it any justice. That's why I don't bother with the new Resident Evil games.

Umbrella Chronicles introduced another kind of snag. But the principle is the same. You got Sergei, who, all of a sudden we're meant to believe that he was there all along. I HATE those kinds of prequels. Where they say, "Oh yeah, this new character? He was there all along." Maybe if it was thought out a little better, but it wasn't. He was just kind of there, and I hated it.

Then he himself transformed into that weird quasi-Tyrant thing in an instant. It didn't even look like a mutation. It was a transformation. Like someone would transform in games like Onimusha. It was too "Magic" looking. And then we're lead to assume that that transformation was caused by the same virus as Wesker's, and that Wesker himself is destined to transform one day?
Now I can fully understand your disdain for RE4, and as for Sergei, what was he in charge of in the company? Since the actual game series takes place during the Raccoon City situation and during the situation, contact with outside of Raccoon City was next to impossible except by some of the characters involved with Umbrella in the games, how could others know about what Sergei was up to? In Code Veronica, Alfred and Alexia were too deep in their own work to give a rat's a** about the rest of the company, so why would they care about what Sergei was up to? As disappointed as you were with Sergei's transformation, Capcom (hopefully) did do some vestige of explaining how some of the new creatures featured in RE:UC came to be.

And as for your disdain of what Sergei says about Wesker... I don't know if you have seen these videos, but they are three parts to a compiled informational video about Resident Evil 1.5, the RE2 original build. In the last video, I think you will be surprised if you didn't see this already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUcrELW5780
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwCcVGDR6E0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6KCS12IT88  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:08 am
There were no new creatures in UC. Everything was recycled. Just the last boss..

Also, which part is supposed to surprise me, and what does it have to do with what Sergei says?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:10 am
Biohazard EXTREME
There were no new creatures in UC. Everything was recycled. Just the last boss..

Also, which part is supposed to surprise me, and what does it have to do with what Sergei says?
Watch all the videos, but pay attention to the last one.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff