Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Atheists not good enough for friends? Whut? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[The Looney Bin]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:20 am
The dinosaurs are returning...

Just change your religion on Facebook.

Then tell Catherine to tell her mom that you've "seen the light" and that you "love god and Jesus".

Because Catherine talking to her mom won't help.
And in this case I think that two wrongs make a right =].
Because you get your friends back, her mom loves you, and everything is amazing.

Oh.
And if they offer to take you to church.
Tell them no thanks.

...and they want their oil back.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:33 pm
[The Looney Bin]

Then tell Catherine to tell her mom that you've "seen the light" and that you "love god and Jesus".

Because you get your friends back, her mom loves you, and everything is amazing.

Oh.
Tell them no thanks.

There are a lot of things that I don't mind lying about. Grades, where I go after school, how much I "love" my mom's new shoes. But one of the few things I refuse to lie about are my beliefs. I don't want to have to pretend to be something I'm not just so that one person will think better of me. I lied to my parents for a year and a half about my religion, and it positively sickened me. I don't want to have to do that again.  

Slimy Hats

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:16 pm
I have to back Slimy Hats on this one. She should not lie about her beliefs just so she can stay with her friends, and she shouldn't have to lie either.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:55 pm
Slimy Hats
[The Looney Bin]

Oh.
Tell them no thanks.

There are a lot of things that I don't mind lying about. Grades, where I go after school, how much I "love" my mom's new shoes. But one of the few things I refuse to lie about are my beliefs. I don't want to have to pretend to be something I'm not just so that one person will think better of me. I lied to my parents for a year and a half about my religion, and it positively sickened me. I don't want to have to do that again.

I haft to agree with Slimy Hats on this one. Just lying about having a religious belief just doesn't make it better, only worse if her friend's mom ever finds out that she was lying (and a reason for the mom to point out why she shouldn't allow her daughter to go out with her). It's always best to be honest about what you believe because it will just get worse if you don't.  

CLR3

ellell89

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:15 pm
Catherine needs to tell her mum that you are not scum and that she needs to be a better christian.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:03 pm
ellell89
Catherine needs to tell her mum that you are not scum and that she needs to be a better christian.

Her mum's a total b***h, yo. Jesus could rise from the crust of the earth and be all "♫Quit being a biiiiitch, it's not coooool♫", and she would be all "WELL GOD TOLD ME SOMETHING DIFFERENT" or whatever.  

Slimy Hats

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:29 am
Slimy Hats, if you do not mind me asking, how is the situation now?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:09 pm
It seems better. I haven't seen her mom in a while, but Catherine is now allowed to go to public school.
She did make me a bit uncomfortable when I went to their lakehouse a while ago, though. Catherine's two very very Republican aunts were eating with us and talking about politics and how they think McCain should win, and her mom turns to me and goes "Isn't your mom a Democrat?". Woah. Awkward. I had to pretend I didn't know anything about politics, 'cause I was afraid of the whole family thinking I was a demon.

If I didn't care about what the family had to say, I would've responded with something like:
Knock knock?
{Who's there?}
Gay atheist liberals!
{....gay atheist liberals who?}
Gay atheist liberals, we're here to abort your babies! :D

Slimy Hats

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:02 pm
Slimy Hats
It seems better. I haven't seen her mom in a while, but Catherine is now allowed to go to public school.
She did make me a bit uncomfortable when I went to their lakehouse a while ago, though. Catherine's two very very Republican aunts were eating with us and talking about politics and how they think McCain should win, and her mom turns to me and goes "Isn't your mom a Democrat?". Woah. Awkward. I had to pretend I didn't know anything about politics, 'cause I was afraid of the whole family thinking I was a demon.

If I didn't care about what the family had to say, I would've responded with something like:
Knock knock?
{Who's there?}
Gay atheist liberals!
{....gay atheist liberals who?}
Gay atheist liberals, we're here to abort your babies! :D

That is good to know that the whole thing is improving.

I swear that end bit, almost, almost should be quoted and put in someone's signature, for it is full of epic win.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:11 pm
WHUT THE F.
That's so messed up, and I don't think changing someone's perspective is really possible for you, or at least hard for you to accomplish, because it seems like you value your friendship with 'Catherine' more than you or her beliefs. That's seriously messed up though. I think that her mom should be put in...isolation for five years. 3nodding  

Missuhs Bunneh

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces