Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
[Pokémon]: I know it's silly but... it could work... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Think it's possible?
Yes
56%
 56%  [ 17 ]
No
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Well... I 'unno... [Other] :/
40%
 40%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 30

Flanboyant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:30 pm
I must agree, it's as close to real Pokemon as we can get... but it's sadly (right now) just plain impossible... But I look forward to the day...
Sure, I might be a brain encased in a glass dome, with robot appendages, rocket launchers, and a jet-pack... But being able to see those holograms duke it out Via my heat sensor eye-replacements, would be priceless~  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:28 pm
Dracofiremage
Couldn't you also have a screen across a pair of glasses attatched to your mike to make it a little more visual?

How about something like the Aura Searcher from XD? Maybe the Snag Machine design could be implemented into the system somehow as well. Perhaps by the time the hologram technology advances far enough for this, some sort of technology may be available to make the Poke Ball return to the Snag Machine on your arm when you're done. By that point, the CPU might even be small enough to fit inside that whole headset/arm assembly somewhere.

But where are you going to have room to hold battles? A park or something? And in winter, it'd be even harder. And assuming we're talking actual size, imagine if someone were to summon a Wailord.

But yeah, continuing the Yu-Gi-Oh parallel, I imagine we'd start out with something similar to the table-type Dueling Fields used in Duelist Kingdom. Once the technology was available, we'd probably see a few places pop up in the bigger cities, like New York (maybe Seattle due to its close proximity to NOA headquarters in Redmond), then as it became cheaper (as all technology does eventually), we'd see them become more common, like arcades (or maybe laser tag would be a closer comparison?). As technology advanced enough to create the portable system (akin to the Duel Disk), I imagine the portable system would be expensive, and a select few would own it, while the arcades continued to draw in money, until eventually the portable system becomes cheaper as well.

But now I'm probably thinking up this version of the future in far too much detail.  

GuruGuru214

PhysicWater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:51 pm
GuruGuru214
Dracofiremage
Couldn't you also have a screen across a pair of glasses attatched to your mike to make it a little more visual?

How about something like the Aura Searcher from XD? Maybe the Snag Machine design could be implemented into the system somehow as well. Perhaps by the time the hologram technology advances far enough for this, some sort of technology may be available to make the Poke Ball return to the Snag Machine on your arm when you're done. By that point, the CPU might even be small enough to fit inside that whole headset/arm assembly somewhere.

But where are you going to have room to hold battles? A park or something? And in winter, it'd be even harder. And assuming we're talking actual size, imagine if someone were to summon a Wailord.

But yeah, continuing the Yu-Gi-Oh parallel, I imagine we'd start out with something similar to the table-type Dueling Fields used in Duelist Kingdom. Once the technology was available, we'd probably see a few places pop up in the bigger cities, like New York (maybe Seattle due to its close proximity to NOA headquarters in Redmond), then as it became cheaper (as all technology does eventually), we'd see them become more common, like arcades (or maybe laser tag would be a closer comparison?). As technology advanced enough to create the portable system (akin to the Duel Disk), I imagine the portable system would be expensive, and a select few would own it, while the arcades continued to draw in money, until eventually the portable system becomes cheaper as well.

But now I'm probably thinking up this version of the future in far too much detail.

Yeah, I thought about the whole eye piece at first... but then... that reminded me of the whole "OVER 9000!!!!!!!!" -ahem- deal. And that gets annoying... real quick....

Also, yeah, I've thought of the size of Pokémon such as Wailord [Oh beloved Wailord of mine] or Dialga and what not. The holographic processor doesn't have to display the entire full body of the Pokémon, just bits and pieces at a time. Like scrolling a web page.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:53 pm
PhysicWater
Yeah, I thought about the whole eye piece at first... but then... that reminded me of the whole "OVER 9000!!!!!!!!" -ahem- deal. And that gets annoying... real quick....

Over 9000? I think I missed something, because I have no idea what you mean...  

GuruGuru214

PhysicWater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:59 pm
GuruGuru214
PhysicWater

DBZ dear...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vq5csKvXCT4  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:53 am
~~User Image

User Image I'm surprised something like that hasn't already been made in Japan, be it for Pokemon, Digimon, or whathaveyou.

Chances are though, if it ever was done and came to our neck of the woods, it'd be hella expensive.

User Image~~
I wanna break every clock... the hands of time could never move again. User Image

smile into the chaos

Feisty Fatcat

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:42 am
PhysicWater
GuruGuru214
PhysicWater

DBZ dear...
]http://youtube.com/watch?v=vq5csKvXCT4

Yeah, I can easily see how that might ruin the eyepiece thing in your head. Still, I can't think of a better way than an eyepiece with a HUD to keep track of all that information we usually get on the screen, like HP and all that stuff you talked about having verbally listed through the earpiece. HP's the big one, though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:38 pm
Whoa. biggrin As sweet as this sounds, people are right in saying that it would come expensive. But hey, so is gas, right? I'd love it if someone took the time to fund and develop this.

Somehow the thought of scrolling up and down to see the entire body of Dialga or Wailord makes me laugh. "Where'd its head go? ... Right. Scroll up."

Hopefully there aren't any drawbacks to this (besides cost) that we just can't see yet. I used to think about how cool it would be to have real Pokemon inhabiting the world, but then I realized that not only would every ecosystem be completely screwed up (not to mention that hundreds--if not thousands--of species would be wiped out), but crime rates would soar. Also, people would be dropping dead left and right if they somehow got their hands on a Pikachu that didn't like them.  

Woof_BlackHayate

PhysicWater

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:45 pm
Woof_BlackHayate
Whoa. biggrin As sweet as this sounds, people are right in saying that it would come expensive. But hey, so is gas, right? I'd love it if someone took the time to fund and develop this.

Somehow the thought of scrolling up and down to see the entire body of Dialga or Wailord makes me laugh. "Where'd its head go? ... Right. Scroll up."

Hopefully there aren't any drawbacks to this (besides cost) that we just can't see yet. I used to think about how cool it would be to have real Pokemon inhabiting the world, but then I realized that not only would every ecosystem be completely screwed up (not to mention that hundreds--if not thousands--of species would be wiped out), but crime rates would soar. Also, people would be dropping dead left and right if they somehow got their hands on a Pikachu that didn't like them.

Yeah, I could see it happen. I walk outside, and the sky is black... Okay who pissed off Dialga this time? -_-"

About the scrolling: it would be automated, the computer would scroll around the entire body, probably starting form the bottom first, the moving up, then sideways... or whatever.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:51 pm
PhysicWater
Woof_BlackHayate

Yeah, I could see it happen. I walk outside, and the sky is black... Okay who pissed off Dialga this time? -_-"

About the scrolling: it would be automated, the computer would scroll around the entire body, probably starting form the bottom first, the moving up, then sideways... or whatever.

Yeah.But it would not be really useful for Pokemons like Pikachu and Hoppip,they're too small.

But for Gyarados and Rayquaza(27ft!)it would be awesome.  

Colette Brunel the Chosen

V1SUAL K31

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:40 pm
I wish Pokemon were real. x]  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:11 pm
it would sound good
but cost alot
not to mention other people waiting in line for the massive
new game involving new tech
wouldnt we also need to buy another system for this  

IXShinhanXI

ChaoticCatDemon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:58 pm
IXShinhanXI
it would sound good
but cost lot
not to mention other people waiting in line for the massive
new game involving new tech
wouldn't we also need to buy another system for this

I was also thinking about the same thing. Di you envision that this wonderful, epic idea of yours would be on an already existing game system, or would it have to be created for a whole new different system entirely?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:11 am
PhysicWater
Fenix747
I'd buy it if u could like copy pokemon you have from your diamond,pearl, ect to the hardware...Its a good idea now how do we get it to work...hmmm

Well first, all you need is just a bunch of scientists and programmers and it'll work. Oh and, finding a way to make holograms. smile

right, this is what i thoguht of for holograms using what you have already stated:

when the ball goes upright, it extends a large see-through pole (about 1/2cm in diameter) whic spin around at speed, along the pole are lights which change incredibly fast to give the effect of movement. as the mic links to the ball, the voice commands control the light effects, so it turns diefferent lights on/off, giving the impression of movement in the fast-moving pole.

this technology already exists in clocks (with a small pole going from side to side with lights about halfway up that a constantly changing so that when it moves at a high enough speed, you see the full time. so why not?  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:19 am
fire - link
PhysicWater
Fenix747
I'd buy it if u could like copy pokemon you have from your diamond,pearl, ect to the hardware...Its a good idea now how do we get it to work...hmmm

Well first, all you need is just a bunch of scientists and programmers and it'll work. Oh and, finding a way to make holograms. smile

right, this is what i thoguht of for holograms using what you have already stated:

when the ball goes upright, it extends a large see-through pole (about 1/2cm in diameter) whic spin around at speed, along the pole are lights which change incredibly fast to give the effect of movement. as the mic links to the ball, the voice commands control the light effects, so it turns diefferent lights on/off, giving the impression of movement in the fast-moving pole.

this technology already exists in clocks (with a small pole going from side to side with lights about halfway up that a constantly changing so that when it moves at a high enough speed, you see the full time. so why not?

and following on from this, in regards to size, while staying practical (although not practical on your wallet) would be to use lasers (they can go on nearly forever at full intensity) with the same theory i wrote above, adjusting the intensity at different points to give the shape of the pokemon. all you would need to do is "summon" a large pokemon, and it would adjust the lasers intensity more to give the height, along with still adjusting the intenstity mid-beam toshow the shape of the pokemon and its attacks.

Remember that this is all just speculation, but EVERYTHING i have written here is possible with current technology as a laser works in the same way as a Wave (eg, a Radio Wave, Gamma Wave, etc) in that the intensity can be adjusted part way so it appears thicker in one section than another.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff