Blood Pacts ~ The Literate Vampire/Werewolf RP

Back to Guilds

Reply Story Development Panel
Gameplay Development Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bottom line: do you want to just straight-up RP this or use dice/other methods?
  Just words, no numbers plz D:
  Dice dice dice dice dice. (trust me I can make it work)
  Other...?
View Results

Mr. Blackbird Lore

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:16 pm
I think everyone is making it SOUND too complicated; I'm quite impartial to the issue, but I know that deciding how and when dice are to be used is easy. In addition, once the system is in place, you only have to do three things: FIRST, type an OPEN post; that means a post that says 'i'm attempting this action.' If it succeeds, then the other person must respond accordingly. SECOND, know how many dice to roll. THIRD, know how many sides are on it. Oh, and you have to know what numbers are success and which are failure. It's like reading the rules to a game: sounds difficult on paper, but once you play it's just part of the flow.

That's my take in playing Devil's Advocate, and trying help save some of Teddo's morale. Honestly, I'm open to whatever the general consensus is.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:13 pm
You use like a d20. Then for different actions, you have different horribly failed, spectacularly successful, and normal thresholds. You can do it for specifically certain things too. A gun doesn't need a dice roll. The chances of it failing are incredibly low.

With spirit magic, if you roll like 1-5 it blows up in your face. 5-7 it doesn't do too hot. 17-20 and it's amazing. Or something like that. Different magic could have different difficulties. You can always do the roll, post, then go back to show the results in the post. You can't reroll without completely deleting a post, and I'm figuring we're all mature enough to honor what fate tells us. This would only be for like super powers with chances to backfire, or doing a feat that is near impossible. This makes it where it's one die roll with a fixed rate. It still doesn't decide whether it kills someone or whatever, but at least it sets up the random possibility to fail in dramatic fashion.  

Master Strategist Kess

2,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:50 pm
Birdman = my hero.

tis true, you guys may feel it's complicated but really it's just an extra couple buttons to click, and lends your roleplaying more to the chaotic variability of reality rather than just what you decide to do (because it's always more interesting to horridly fail that one spell you REALLY want to get off.)  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:29 pm
I'm still against it. I think that if we really needed to use dice El's idea sounded good.

Another poll?

Mistaken Chaos

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:13 am
I've actually played on a play-by-post D&D forum, it works fine and isn't complicated because of the system in place. If you're willing, I'd love to turn this into a full-fledged RPG based on V3.5's D20 system. I'd be willing to make a whole new game for this xD  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:42 am
I understand your want Teddo, buut I think you should set up a poll for this. A fair number don't like the idea and a fair number does. It should come down to a vote like the other threads. My straight legged werewolf was shot down in a blaze of glory, but sometimes it happens.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Mr. Blackbird Lore

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:59 pm
You know you've got my backing Teddo, and I know it's your Guild, but I think we must concede that a fair portion dislike the idea; it should indeed come down to the polls (which thankfully are more reliable than Florida in the primaries).

That, or we must ALL concede that this is still Teddo's Guild and he has right to do as he will. One way or another, it's gonna go somewhere.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:24 pm
I'll set up a poll and then decide whether I should use my dictatorial power. 3nodding  

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

Mr. Blackbird Lore

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:28 pm
A power-hungry man to the end...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:30 am
blaugh

ssshhhh. I'm a very POLITE power-hungry man!  

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:39 am
'Discipline' Skill progressions

[Discipline]. [Race: subschools open to master].
[Ranks]

Animalism. Lycanthrope: rodents, canines, felines. Vampires: vermin, insects, bats.
Rank 1: The user may use basic communication with their selected animal school. In addition, they may take on a single, permanent animal companion.
Rank 2: The user may take on a single physical characteristic of their selected animal school. This is restricted from extrasensory organs.
Rank 3: The user may take on a single extrasensory system from their selected school. For example, eyes of cat for low light vision, sonar screech and detection of bats.
Rank 4: The user may summon, control, and command multiple creatures of their school as a swarm or pack.
Rank 5: The user may take the form of their selected school, Lycans choosing canines may become stronger, faster, and more agile.

Fortitude. Vampires.
Rank 1: The vampire gains a stronger ability to regenerate.
Rank 2: The vampire becomes more resistant to several of his weaknesses. Holy water and icons no longer cause lethal damage.
Rank 3: The vampires physical form becomes tougher, increasing his natural armor. His skin takes on a marble-like appearance.
Rank 4: The vampire takes reduced inherent damage from silver and enchanted wood.
Rank 5: The vampire may venture into direct sunlight for up to a minute without taking damage.

Fortitude. Lycans.
Rank 1: The lycan becomes hardier, increasing his base blood levels.
Rank 2: The lycans will to survive overcomes all, and he is able to retain consciousness until death.
Rank 3: The lycan gains tougher, battle-hardened hide. His natural armor increases.
Rank 4: The lycan knows how to better roll with a blow, gaining slight inherent damage reduction.
Rank 5: The lycan is powerful enough to be more resistant to his weaknesses. He takes less inherent damage from silver and other similar substances.

Demonology. Vampire only.
Rank 1: The vampire has devoted himself completely to the study of his demon brethren. He has an imp minion, and must do the bidding of the devil.
Rank 2: The vampire unlocks the first level of demon magic.
Rank 3: The vampire develops a more physical demonic state.
Rank 4: The vampire unlocks the second level of demon magic.
Rank 5: The vampire unlocks the third and final level of demon magic.

Naturalism. Lycan only.
Rank 1: The lycan is more attuned to their surroundings. He has a telepathic link with all nearby lycans.
Rank 2: The lycan unlocks the first level of nature magic.
Rank 3: The lycan gains the ability to commune with nature.
Rank 4: The lycan unlocks the second level of nature magic.
Rank 5: The lycan unlocks the third level of nature magic.

Attunement. Ethereal realm. Elemental realm. Shadow realm. Spiritual realm.
Rank 1: The user gains the ability to communicate, through ritual magic, with beings on their selected realm.
Rank 2: The user gains the ability to view intersecting threads of reality between their realm and the material one.
Rank 3: The user gains the ability to travel into their realm telepathically.
Rank 4: The user gains the ability to summon beings from their realm.
Rank 5: The user gains the ability to step between their realm and our own. This allows faster travel with fewer obstacles. They make take passengers in physical contact.

Precognition.
Rank 1: Through ritual magic, the user may gain vague hints of the undesignated future.
Rank 2: The user may detect danger a fraction of a second earlier.
Rank 3: The user becomes self-aware of their likely fates.
Rank 4: The user may ritually discover specific threads of fate.
Rank 5: The user becomes so attuned that they ‘predict’ physical movement. They see objects blurred slightly ahead of themselves, knowing the likely course of its movements just before they happen. Not always accurate.

Spirituality (Thaumaturgy). Lycan (vampire) only.
Rank 1: The lycan may cast one first level ritual spell per day as a spiritual spell.
Rank 2: The lycan develops stronger spiritual reserves, increasing their base energy.
Rank 3: The lycan has a 10% increased energy regeneration.
Rank 4: The lycan may cast one second level ritual spell per day as a spirit spell.
Rank 5: The lycan has a 10% reduced chance of spell failure with spirit spells.

Ignition. Vampire only.
Rank 1: The vampire may send a small orb of flame from their own body.
Rank 2: The vampire may cause air within 20 feet to combust. This does not guarantee anything within the air will catch fire or be burned.
Rank 3: The vampire may instantly combust any nonliving material.
Rank 4: The vampire may combust vampiric blood and flesh.
Rank 5: The vampire may cause air to combust from any range. As long as he can somehow see his target, he may set it on fire.

Telekinesis. Vampire only.
Rank 1: The vampire may move objects under 1 pound within 50 meters.
Rank 2: 1 pound: 100 meters 10 pounds: 50 meters
Rank 3: 1 pound: 500 meters 10 pounds: 100 meters 100 pounds: 50 meters
Rank 4: 1 pound: 1 km 10 pounds: 500 meters 100 pounds: 100 meters 1000 pounds: 50 meters
Rank 5: 1 pound: 10 km 10 pounds: 1 km 100 pounds: 500 meters 1000 pounds: 100 meters 10000 pounds: 50 meters, full concentration

Domination. Vampire only.
Rank 1: The vampire may make a suggestion that the target would be liable to carry out, or trick them into thinking some simple event has occurred.
Rank 2: The vampire may command a target to carry out a task as if the vampire were their commander, or trick them into thinking an elaborate event has occurred.
Rank 3: The vampire may use suggestion on multiple targets.
Rank 4: The vampire may enact total control over their target, making them nothing but a physical shell that waits to serve them.
Rank 5: The vampire may use command on multiple targets.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:56 am
The following page gives access to my character sheets for both vampire and lycan:
Teddos Scribd page  

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

Mistaken Chaos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:22 pm
Not complicated you say?

I'm wondering if I should even join...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:48 pm
Chaos, you should try a pencil and paper role play. You have to put a lot of work into them, but they're highly rewarding. The character sheets are also far more complicated than that.

Next...we're having classes? crying Nuuuuuu! My only suggestion is ditch Class >.>  

Master Strategist Kess

2,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:23 pm
Granted its not as complicated as most P&P games but still a bit more than I thought it was going to be. I was hoping for something we had a basic character profile sheet for an then had at it.

I do agree with Kess though, ditch the classes.

Anyways I'll have to change up how I was planning on going with this....  
Story Development Panel

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff