Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Biohazard Slot Machine Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DeFehrenheit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:42 pm
I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with Capcom being lazy as there's a Tekken video that looks on the same level for the exact same thing. Though i do with for them to make their own games cinematics the same, it's hard to believe you could blame Capcom when...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=X_abqAJgx6k  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:51 pm
Yes, but Tekken IN GAME video are also of the same excellent quality. With Capcom, their IN GAME footage (in Umbrella Chronicles) was very poorly done.  

Biohazard EXTREME

DeFehrenheit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:18 pm
But the RE series always had their InGame footage the same as their cinematics after REmake...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:22 pm
Umm... After the REmake, their cinematic footage was really high quality, like the intro, same with RE0, like the intro and all the scenes with Wesker.

In Umbrella Chronicles, all the cinematics are made using low polygon models, the same ones they use during the gameplay. They're pre-rendered, and have anti-aliasing, but aside from that, they aren't anymore detailed than their in-game 3D models.

Here's what I mean. These are poor examples of screenshots, but you should know which scenes I'm talking about from them:

FMV quality:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

In-Game quality:

If you play the game, the 3D models in the intro, along with the backgrounds and everything, is a much higher quality than in-game graphics.

Now, in Umbrella Chronicles:

FMV quality:

In-Game quality:

If you play the game, you'll notice that the FMV footage is pretty much the same quality as the in-game footage, only with some anti-aliasing.

Which is a waste of FMV footage. If it's gonna be the same as the in-game footage, then Capcom should've done the cut scenes in real time. But they were too lazy to do that either, because that would mean that the programmers have to make sure the voice overs play at the right time.
Lazy.  

Biohazard EXTREME

DeFehrenheit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:48 pm
If I remember right, the only main game to use graphics different from the in game shots after Resident Evil Code Veronica were Resident Evil 0 during it's cut scenes. REmake and Resident Evil 4 along with Umbrella Chronicles all used scenes that looked the same as when you're playing.

I can't find pictures. Google loves RE4 too much and I'm lazy.

>.>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:53 pm
Nope, Remake's intro and ending had better quality graphics.

See how Jill's hair actually moves? Which you'll notice it doesn't do in the game itself.

And with RE4 (at least the GameCube and Wii versions) the cinematics were done in real time, which is why when you have a bonus costume on, you can actually SEE it on the person during the cinematics.  

Biohazard EXTREME

DeFehrenheit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:56 pm
Obviously it's time for me to pick up my Gamecube/Wii again...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:03 pm
I'm sure your Remake misses you a lot.

My point is, in Umbrella Chronicles, the FMV quality was the same as the in-game quality.
Actually, if you look at the intro to the Mansion Incident scenario, I find the guns look WORSE in the FMV than they do in-game. The guns in the FMV actually look like they were remodeled to be high polygon quality, but were TERRIBLY textured:

Compared to in-game:

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:30 am
I'm diggin' all the screen shots in this thread wink

I am trying my best to keep my opinions on this whole thing to myself.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:31 am
Why's that? We kinda WANT people's opinions.  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:34 am
There's lot's of swearing involved. I'm trying not to swear anymore.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:36 am
Well, a good way to stop swearing is not to not say anything, but to control our language.
Or replace words with other funny words.
For example: "Give me the keys, you fuzzy sock sucker!"  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:49 am
oh my fluffy god. What in the Mississippi River is this poop?! Why can't those lazy a**s beast-ards at Capcom do something that isn't so frilling stupid? I just want a NORMAL horror game.... crying  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:53 am
Okay... Don't know what Mississippi River replaced, but alrighty! XD

Yes, well, if you want a normal horror game, Resident Evil is no longer the franchise to look.  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:03 am
Mississippi River= Hell.
They're both very similar to one another actually. Hot, humid, and dreadfully uncomfortable.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff