Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
If Haruka and Michiru were not lesbians. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you prefer it if Haruka and Michiru were lesbians or not?
Not
19%
 19%  [ 8 ]
Stay lesbian
75%
 75%  [ 31 ]
Become bisexual
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 41

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:50 am
I'd personally keep them as they are. Nothing wrong with the straight crowd, but honestly, it would be -boring-. Also it doesn't explain -anything- other then Michiru likes to flirt.

Haruka would -always- be a lesbian anyway.

So, really it works out with Michiru being a bisexaul and Haruka a lesbian.

If you noticed who they flirt with it's easy to see that it's just a little fun teasing and flexing the charms. I mean what teenager hasn't tried flirting in one way or another?

But what is clear: They're pretty much in love with each other. They're close to fanatical in their devotion to the Moon Kingdom/ their princess.

If they were not together it would be quite weird unless you had a time machine from way back when to make it even thinkable.

Personally, I'd see Michiru with Mamoru and Haruka with Makoto. That's just from the evidence I see of how everyone admires them. Had I a personal choice in how things would work out, Michiru and Haruka would also be with Pluto. But that's just my opinion.

So...I usually avoid all stories and plotlines that have them straight because it never feels right to do that to them. Quite heartbreaking really.

But again, the evidence you have for Michiru doesn't work. As she is flirty with -everyone- just like Haruka. It's also been proven from the dub of SuperS Movie that she and Haruka are also involved if you can read between the lines of Neptune's comment about "there are some things that only Adult's can do." and Uranus blushes.

Another bit would also be the Love contest they entered. I don't know about you, but even siblings aren't that close.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:26 pm
Rei Torano
I'd personally keep them as they are. Nothing wrong with the straight crowd, but honestly, it would be -boring-. Also it doesn't explain -anything- other then Michiru likes to flirt.

If you noticed who they flirt with it's easy to see that it's just a little fun teasing and flexing the charms. I mean what teenager hasn't tried flirting in one way or another?

But what is clear: They're pretty much in love with each other. They're close to fanatical in their devotion to the Moon Kingdom/ their princess.

If they were not together it would be quite weird unless you had a time machine from way back when to make it even thinkable.

Personally, I'd see Michiru with Mamoru and Haruka with Makoto. That's just from the evidence I see of how everyone admires them. Had I a personal choice in how things would work out, Michiru and Haruka would also be with Pluto. But that's just my opinion.

So...I usually avoid all stories and plotlines that have them straight because it never feels right to do that to them. Quite heartbreaking really.

But again, the evidence you have for Michiru doesn't work. As she is flirty with -everyone- just like Haruka. It's also been proven from the dub of SuperS Movie that she and Haruka are also involved if you can read between the lines of Neptune's comment about "there are some things that only Adult's can do." and Uranus blushes.

Another bit would also be the Love contest they entered. I don't know about you, but even siblings aren't that close.
So in other words, and in short, no. (onions in the peas!) WHAT THE HELL!!!  

videogames4all

Aria Hisamoto

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:32 pm
I really didn't like the way the dub changed them into cousins, even though I would like to see the characters straight. In some of the scenes that were not edited out it made them look worse then if they would have just kept them as lesbians.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:41 pm
videogames4all
Rei Torano

What's with the caps? Just because you don't like homosexuals, you shouldn't be surprised how many support it. Sorry it bothers you and as someone quoted before: Love is Love. As long as it's appropriately shown and consensual why should it be a problem?  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Lilith Marie Raventhorne

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:07 pm
I did not know they were lesbians, because I live in America were they changed them into cousins. Then I stared reading the manga and found it out. I'm going to move to Japan soon, its so much better than America!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:05 am
videogames4all
Mad_Moosehead
videogames4all
-Sailor Spira-
videogames4all
-Sailor Spira-
I think that they are funnier as lovers. What would we do if Haruka didn't hit on Usagi every chance she got. And would there be the same dislike for Seiya? The english dub made the characters a lot more boring just because they didn't have the same relationship. And we wouldn't have all the beautiful moments like when thay die in stars.

Lets try Haruka hitting on Motoki, and Makoto getting pissed. Then we go into a Monty Python sketch like event happening between Haruka and Makoto.

----------------
Now playing: Boston - Hollyann
via FoxyTunes

Well you've clearly thought this through. I'll admit your the first guy i've meet who would willingly turn Lesbian characters straight. I still prefer them as lovers.

I just have somewhat of a problem with homosexuals. I don't know why, I just do. I'm the 1 that voted Not at the top of the Poll

I did figure that. Lol. Well you are welcome to have your own opions, I just think it's beautiful how in love they are and i'm pretty in love with love so that's probably why I like them that way. - I am Sailor Spira if me using a differnet avi confusses you.

I see. You are complicated. To that, I say: WE NEED GOOD MUSIC IN SAILOR MOON. I RECOMMEND SURVIVOR

I rather like the music in Sailor Moon, however Survivour is one of my Kareoke favourites...  

-Sailor Spira-

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:41 am
the would be the same but straight.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:41 pm
wat kind of a question is tht?  

Oleva

orphics

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:18 pm
if they werent les, i guess they would be totally different because a lot of things wouldnt have happened the way they did.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:35 pm
Rei Torano
videogames4all
Rei Torano

What's with the caps? Just because you don't like homosexuals, you shouldn't be surprised how many support it. Sorry it bothers you and as someone quoted before: Love is Love. As long as it's appropriately shown and consensual why should it be a problem?

Okay, 1. The caps was (a). part of a line from The Simpsons, (b). Homosexuals are practically going against God. 2. Love is for 1 man and 1 woman. 3. Stayin' Alive (Bee Gees). 4. The hell with California and Massachusetts (except Boston). 5. Don't Mess With Texas.  

videogames4all

videogames4all

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:37 pm
-Sailor Spira-
videogames4all
Mad_Moosehead
videogames4all
-Sailor Spira-

Well you've clearly thought this through. I'll admit your the first guy i've meet who would willingly turn Lesbian characters straight. I still prefer them as lovers.

I just have somewhat of a problem with homosexuals. I don't know why, I just do. I'm the 1 that voted Not at the top of the Poll

I did figure that. Lol. Well you are welcome to have your own opions, I just think it's beautiful how in love they are and i'm pretty in love with love so that's probably why I like them that way. - I am Sailor Spira if me using a differnet avi confusses you.

I see. You are complicated. To that, I say: WE NEED GOOD MUSIC IN SAILOR MOON. I RECOMMEND SURVIVOR

I rather like the music in Sailor Moon, however Survivour is one of my Kareoke favourites...

Forget karaoke, the actual Band RULES!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:28 pm
I think that the two of them together is beautiful. I love seeing them, almost as much as sailor moon and her man. There's just something so sweet about the two of them. I wouldn't want to see them change.  

Lil Cutie Cubana

orphics

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:36 am
Lil Cutie Cubana
I think that the two of them together is beautiful. I love seeing them, almost as much as sailor moon and her man. There's just something so sweet about the two of them. I wouldn't want to see them change.

i agree with you. everything (well, almost everything) is fine the way the author made it. the relantionship is strange but its cute at the same time.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:12 am
videogames4all
Rei Torano
videogames4all
Rei Torano

Okay, 1. The caps was (a). part of a line from The Simpsons, (b). Homosexuals are practically going against God. 2. Love is for 1 man and 1 woman. 3. Stayin' Alive (Bee Gees). 4. The hell with California and Massachusetts (except Boston). 5. Don't Mess With Texas.

1. They're Japanese. They don't necessarily have to believe in the monotheist. In truth, most of them are Shinto. Therefore renders the whole "God" thing null and void. The Author like any Author likes Symbolism.

2. As much as you have a right to say that, I have equal rights to oppose you. Not picking a fight, but honestly when you make threads like these you cannot expect no one else to go against your ideals. I expect it. I'm not trying to change your mind either. And another things- God also said it's fine to sell your daughters into slavery or marry them off to their rapist if they're raped by that person.
But you don't see it happening either. And yes, I CAN find that quote. But I don't want to spark a debate about religious matters-again.

3: I don't care about the Bee Gees. So the reference is lost to me.

4. Well to heck with Texas so what? What does -that- have to do with the price of milk in India? Yeah so it's legal there? Don't care has nothing to do with the conversation at hand of Haruka or Michiru. They're lesbians. Siren and Lead Crow are also quite close like that too in the Anime. So what of it?

5. What does Texas have to with Sailor Moon? Nothing. You've only made a point about how close minded you are about the topic. Love is for everyone. I have never heard it ever uttered in the bible that no one could love because of gender. You're explicitly talking about -sex-. There's a difference between the two. Sex is two bodies mushed together for gratification. Whether the partners are in love or not makes no difference.

Love is an emotion. It is not restricted by gender or age or race or nationality. It is an emotion not consciously dictated by the brain. While sex is. You can say yes or no to it. You can do anything you please with that but Love is something that cannot be physically expressed to the full meaning of the word.

What some of us are saying is Michiru and Haruka are in love with each other. It goes beyond the physical and is more emotional and spiritual that if one goes the other one cannot live without.

It's been shown again and again. In the Super season when they are looking for the pure Heart crystals. Michiru sacrificed herself for Haruka. No matter how injured she was.

Haruka then 'died' there after.

In the Stars season they -both- read each other perfectly without even saying a word and switched sides. When eventually they were defeated by Galaxia they have that moment where they both died together.

I don't know about you, but it resembles the same actions as Tuxedo Mask and Sailor Moon when they're together.

It's the same thing. 'course, like I said before, I'm not trying to change your mind, but I am just handing you the facts of the matter.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500

orphics

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:16 pm
u guys really take all of this in consideration! im so impressed! im the type who goes along with everything the author says and just "goes with the flow". >< i should learn from u guys! XD  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff