Ikken Isshu
Crew

Shirtless Vampire

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:35 pm
((Oh, you've just opened the door for me to do something ba-ad. xd It probably doesn't help that I'm listening to suggestive music.))

The streets, Vampire Ward, Falacia

Again Tuluth shrugged him off. Caecus fell back a few paces, frowning. Then something else caught his attention.

"You haven't fed recently," he said accusingly, as if it were his task to look after the vampire he hadn't seen in years. Decades, really. He was beginning to feel like an impetuous child, but he no longer cared. He was bored. Normally he would retire to his apartment when he was bored, return to idle thought... but he'd been in that apartment, with the exception of excursions to feed, for almost thirty years. It was time to do something else, curses be damned.

He swept forward and around in front of Tuluth, planting one smooth, fair hand on the older vampire's white cheek, tilting his head demurely. Tuluth probably wouldn't fall for this; he didn't seem the type. But it couldn't hurt.

"I've just had a beautiful young man... just tonight, in fact," Caecus said, grinning and showing his pink-stained fangs. "His blood is still hot in my veins. Want a taste?"

He tilted his head back just a few degrees as he spoke, exposing the living flesh of his throat, Adam's apple quavering as if he hadn't learned perfect control over his muscles by now. Fear tended to excite vampires, and while Caecus knew an act of fear wouldn't fool the other vampire, he could still emulate its effects. A small, tenuous smile. Short breaths. Wide eyes. And of course, the blood that was not his own, pulsing strongly in his veins, just below the surface.

The blood was what he was banking on.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:17 pm

Tuluth slapped the hand away from his cheek, offended by the queer attitude of the other vampire. Tuluth had a very high tolerance for offense. He'd shaken off the use of magic against him like it was nothing more than a friendly gesture. He was very difficult to faze. But something about the unnatural cantor of the other vampire left a strangely familiar distaste in his mouth.

A taste that made him feel on the verge of being ill rather than thirsty. He gave the young vampire a dangerous glare. "Bugger off." he growled. He sidestepped the other vampire, hobbling up the road once again. The Gathering Hall was somewhere around here, and if he could make it to the building, he doubted a vampire as strange and disgusting as this fellow could talk his way in. His mind swiftly turned from his hunger to a complete focus on being free of the disturbing little man.

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

Ikken Isshu
Crew

Shirtless Vampire

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:28 pm
((You're not making this very easy. Entertaining, maybe, but not easy. ><))

Caecus muttered something under his breath, then snapped, "Oh, you'd give me a lifeline when you'd never even seen me before, but you're too high and mighty to accept the same favor from me." Aside from the simple absurdity of the situation, his curse was beginning to be a major irritation in his mind. Every movement took immense willpower, and he didn't know how much of that he had left.

He knew he should leave it. He knew he should leave it, but for some reason, he couldn't. He wasn't... attracted to Montresor, not the way he'd been attracted to others. But somehow, he couldn't let Tuluth walk away like this. It had been bad enough the last time they parted ways; he wanted to at least earn a smile from the vampire, like when he'd first seen that pale face above him in the dark. Just a smile.

But there was no way in hell that he was actually attracted to this self-satisfied p***k.

Grumbling, he hurried to keep up, struggling to simply walk quickly rather than jogging to keep up with Tuluth's pace.

"All right, all right, so maybe I'm making a few presumptions. But it's been so long... do you really not remember me? I might have died if not for you - or maybe I would have simply laid there until another of us found me. But another didn't find me - you did. I think that warrants a little gratitude. You never did let me pay you back, you know. That bothered me for weeks."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:11 am
The Streets, Vampire Ward, Falacia

Tuluth struggled along, grinding his teeth at the persistent nature of his pursuer. He was rather aggravated with this continued interaction. If he didn't find the Gathering Hall soon, he felt like he'd just kill the damned idiot.

"Sir, I wholeheartedly assure you, I have absolutely no recollection of you whatsoever. In fact, I'd much prefer it if you just left me alone. I really am in a hurry." ...to get away from you. He bit his dusty tongue, rounding a familiar corner. The claustrophobic nature of the alley-like road he'd been rushing up suddenly broke out in a gasp of air, letting out into the massive main road of the Vampire Ward. Up the road, the dimly lit Gathering Hall lumbered, crowds of figures entering in fine dress.

Tuluth bowed his head a little and stalked up the road towards his destination, clenching his tired fists.

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

Mr. Blackbird Lore

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:38 am
"Haunted Woods" near Falacia

The humid air in the sacred wooded lands of the Lycans seemed to grow thick. A slow mist rolled through the underbrush, steadily growing into a fog; it began to enshroud Uurfu with pervasive wisps, swirling with a breeze that was non-existent. It was becoming much like the realm of the Lycans of the swamp, the Rougarou: eerie, unsettling, and unpredictable. That should have been the first sign to tip off Uurfu what was to come. As the fog settled at shoulder-height, obscuring anything more than twenty feet away from an individual, a familiar... hand came to rest on Uurfu's right shoulder from behind. It wasn't familiar in the sense that he knew its possessor, but familiar in the sense that he knew its possessor was trustworthy; a Lycan, just like him.

A dangerously somniferous voice floated over his shoulder, the kind that could put children to sleep. Simultaneously, it was coaxing and seductive, capable of luring grown men to their deaths if they were not careful. It whispered, "Do not be alarmed; I mean you no harm. I merely wish to make an inquiry, if you will permit me as much. My inquiry is thus: do you reside in these woods, and if so, could you lead me to your clan?"

If Uurfu were to turn around, he would see one of the most unusual Lycans he had ever met. He was only an inch taller than Uurfu, and that was rather average. His fur was rather unique, a hashed blend of jet black and the darkest brown tinged with the white hairs throughout. He was obviously a mature Lycan. His only clothing was a pair of black trousers, and a belt that sheathed a dagger on either side. What was most unsettling, and also most interesting, was the color of his eyes: a liquid steel-gray. Paired with an expression that seemed to always be smirking in a knowing fashion, it was very... unnatural.

After a pause, the Lycan continued. "I apologize, I should be more forthright. I am Ursus, the Ambassador of the Rougarou Clan." As if it to make his point clearer, the fog lessened and lingered much nearer to the ground. "Might I also ask for your name?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:15 pm
“Haunted Woods” near Falacia

Uurfu had placed his free hand cautiously on the hilt of one of his swords as the mist had formed. The smell that came forth from the mist was odd and seemed to mixed smells from all over. It was a good shroud to put a Lycan in, too good. Uurfu’s hand was already dropping from his blade as the furred hand was placed on his shoulder. A Vampire would not have taken the time to through a Lycans since of smell off, since many had such weak scents as it was. Only a Lycan would have taken the time to hide he’s approach that well.

As the Lycan spoke Uurfu heard the unnaturally gentle voice coming from this Lycan. The Rougarouians proposition was interesting and something not so uncommon among the tribes. Many ambassadors, messengers, and Elders would travel among the tribes. Most just looking to talk or see how things were going on there end. Only Varcolac messengers were really uncommon. As the Lycan gave his name Uurfu eased even more hearing his new companion had manners. Uurfu turned and saw the oddity that was Ursus and his salt and pepper styled fur.

“I am Uurfu of the Fenrir, well meet my brother,” Uurfu extended his free hand, the same that had laid upon his weapon just seconds earlier, “My tribe is close by, I will show you the way if you like. If I had known an ambassador was coming I would have hunted up more game. What brings you so far from your swamps good Ursus?”  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Ellenoir
Crew

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:10 pm
((Ooh, Like the character Mr Lore. And also, Ikken, what sort of complex plot are you weaving here, I'm intrigued! Oh, and also also, Sorry to Elvyra if you were going to post in response to me, I got impatient.)

Strees of the Vampire Ward, and The Post Office, Falacia
Weird… Clover took glanced back at the girl as she turned the carriage around a corner. “And here I thought I was the only gal that wandered about after hours in this town!” She slowed the carriage to a halt in front of the post office, there was a light burning inside and the same little old man as always behind the counter. After pushing the levers about so that it would idle without burning out Clover hopped down from her seat and towards the door.

Inside it was quite and warm. It smelled slightly of dust and ink. “Evening, Morgan! How’s things tonight?” The man smiled and nodded at her as she approached, but turned around and started pulling packets out of the cubbies behind him as he answered.

“Oh, slow as always. Most folks, ‘specially them vampires get their mail delivered these days. Why the buggy ‘n’ dress this time, Master entertainin’ guests tonight?” He turned back around, he had a large thick envelope and three smaller packets in his hand. “Just the usual, but yer family’s letters’ve come early this month. Must be quite some news too, ‘s twice as thick as last month.”

“Oh! Maybe Jinevere is finally marrying that bloke.” She took the envelopes from Morgan and tucked them to the crook of her arm. “And no, Master Montressor never seems to have guests. It’s really rather sad, a nice big house like that going empty. Anyway, I’m actually supposed to attend to him at a gathering this evening. Lords know it’s probably because he wants an excuse to run back home as soon as possible. He’s so reclusive.” She shook her head, “ Anyway, you have a good night, Sir, I’ll see you on the ‘morrow with some replies.” She left a few coins on the counter as a tip for the old man. He was sweet, and not paid nearly enough by the office.

"G'night miss Sparrow. Good luck t' ye."

She clambered back into the carriage, setting the mail on the seat beside her. According to the gauges she would need to add more coal to the engine once she got to the gathering, but between now and then she should be just fine. So, with a smile she turned down the road, passing by many a dark alley and dim manor. She was looking forward to reading the family letter, maybe Robert had composed another song! Oh that would be lovely! Last month he had said he was trying to write something just for her little bird project.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:04 pm
"Haunted Woods" near Falacia

((Thank you so very much! That's a very grand compliment, I must say.))

He took the Son of Fenrir's hand. His grip was firm but never overbearing. "I would appreciate that, Uurfu." He released the Forest Walker's hand and made a slight waving gesture with it. "No, it's quite alright. No gift of food is necessary. Shall we walk?" He gestured with his other arm this time, into the woods, implying that Uurfu should lead the way.

As they began their walk, Ursus made a small wave of his hand at his side, where Uurfu could not see it. The low-hanging mists swirled, ebbing and flowing around the two Lycans, but it never left them. Ursus made sure of it.

"I've come to see the progress of the Fenrir Lycans. Rumors have spread among the humans that conflicts have increased, that Vampires are on the verge of waging war, and the ever-increasing number of Fenrir Children is creating much friction between them and the nearby city of Falacia. I've come for naught but knowledge; I am not an envoy to offer the aid of the Rougarou nor am I here to disown our Lycan brethren. Let my mission be clear in all minds. Have I made it so in yours?"

Mr. Blackbird Lore

Dapper Codger

Ikken Isshu
Crew

Shirtless Vampire

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:53 pm
((It's not really that complex. I'm just trying to get the characters acquainted so I can stop struggling for this wee bit of grudging character interaction. Like I said, Teddo is sure not making it easy. scream ))

"It was your damn charity that started this!" Caecus snapped as he followed, not giving up. "The least you could do is take responsibility for stepping into someone else's life. I'm not asking for you to do anything drastic, you know. Just... allow me to pay back the favor. One thing. Whatever you want."

((By the way, Teddo, if Tuluth says 'Leave me alone' or 'Go away,' I'll stab you in the face.))

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:44 pm
[[ Now where would the fun be in making it easy? My first response would have been "go find a hole to crawl up in," but then I wondered just how far I could take it. ]]

Tuluth paused as he heard Caecus' statement. He stopped, turned. His feverish red eyes narrowed slyly, peering into the mask that was Caecus' face. A thin smile crossed his lips. "Anything?" he asked, vapidly. For the first time since the beginning of their encounter, Tuluth felt a modicum of interest.

He took a moment to look the man over more carefully. Something about him seemed vaguely familiar, but whatever it was was merely just a ghost from his past. A vaporous memory of some long-forgotten rendezvous. He stood stock still, hunched over a bit, as if expectantly awaiting some kind of long awaited reply.

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

Ikken Isshu
Crew

Shirtless Vampire

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:39 pm
((...I'm tempted to just ditch you and try to find someone else to interact with. But there's barely anyone else here at the moment.))

Caecus inclined his head to look at Tuluth as if over a pair of glasses. Sighing, he rolled his eyes, but repeated, "Anything."

God help me, this is why I avoid speaking before I think.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:12 pm
[[ I've been TRYING to ditch YOU xD sorry if our encounter was anti-climactic, we're lasombra for gosh sake. ]]

In and around the Gathering Hall, Vampire Ward, Falacia

Tuluth grinned in amusement at the obvious trap he'd caught the other in. "Fascinating. You know, I believe I'll hold onto that favor until an appropriate time. If you don't mind, then, I have some business to attend to within. Tuluth gestured towards the mighty mosque-like palace that was the Gathering Hall. Finished with the other - for the time being - he quickly turned and was to the drearily lit entrance in a surprisingly quick moment. He provided his name and rank, and the doorman, a bit surprised at the appearance of a foreign vampire - and a lazy old Lasombra at that, - let him in.

The hall within was dimly lit to allow the human servants adequate visibility, yet keep it comfortably dark for their masters. The great atrium was marvelously constructed of Moroccan-style tile, forming stunning mosaics that spread across the floor and walls. Fountains and statues peppered the sides of the room, and a great, shadowy copper dome rose up over them all. Countless nobles in lavish Arabic finery filled the hall. The atmosphere, on the other hand, was a bit less pleasant.

Baali were infamously famous for their ill tempers and aggressive attitudes. The hall was filled with the sharp murmur somewhat argumentative debate. The speakers, though not nearly arguing by their own standards, were simply acting in a way befitting their own aggressive nature. Tuluth felt a little uncomfortable with the gathering, and his stomach twisted a small knot. His thoughts turned to his stomach, and he quickly headed for the 'buffet'.

Bustling through the room full of offered flesh, he went from victim to victim, taking a little bit from each to obtain the considerable amount of blood he needed to renew himself. Within a few minutes, he felt wholly rejuvenated, and the corpse-like, skeletal appearance had faded from him.

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

Ellenoir
Crew

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:45 pm
(leaving an opening for someone to mess with Clover before she gets inside the building.. I didn't want to, but I thought I'd be nice.)

Outside the Gathering Hall, Vampire Ward, Falacia
Not long after her Master entered the Gathering Hall, Clover was pulling the Carriage around to the servant’s entrance. As she pulled and pushed levers so that it would remain stationary, she wondered if she could just wait in the Carriage. But no, I wouldn’t know when to pull around to the front. And he did say “meet me.” Ah well, what’s a sparrow to fear in the lion’s den? I’m not nice enough to be a toy.

She pulled a chain and turned a dial, and with a shudder the engine was snuffed out. Hopping down from the driver’s seat she went around the back to the engine and banked the smoldering coals, and made sure the steam and hot water was releasing properly. She couldn’t help but take a surreptitious glance at the few other horseless carriages in the yard. Perhaps she was just biased, but it seemed that hers was in the best condition; shining leather upholstery, and of course every metal surface shined to mirror-like quality. There would be no rusting joints on any machine of Clover’s.

With her pride, and fear, and curiosity pulled as tightly around her as her lacy black shawl she strode past the other carriages (horseless and otherwise) and went to present herself to the head of staff, if he or she had time she wanted to know if anyone she knew was in attendance. And also if anyone who might concern her master would be in attendance.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:53 pm
((...Honestly, Teddo, this is a roleplay. The last thing you should be trying to do is ditch other people. If you want to do this alone, just go write a damn story on your own instead of writing one online and calling it a 'roleplay'. scream

Forgive my frustration. emo ))

Outside the Gathering Hall, Vampire Ward, Falacia

The gears in Caecus' head were turning so slowly that it took him a moment to realize he'd just been ditched. Cursing under his breath, he looked back over his shoulders. Others were arriving; many vampires. Well, this was certainly the place for them to be, but it still seemed odd to Caecus to see so many in one place. But then, Caecus usually avoided other vampires in any case. Tuluth was a notable exception - a rare case. Sighing to himself, Caecus started on his way back to his apartment. When he wanted to take advantage of Caecus' offer - if he ever actually took advantage of it - Tuluth would be able to find him. Not that Caecus actually expected the antisocial b*****d to go to the trouble.

Ikken Isshu
Crew

Shirtless Vampire

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:26 am
[[ forgive me, but that's just the way Tuluth responded. Caecus was creeping the hell out of him.

Don't send him off to collect dust, plezzz D: ]]  
Book One: Devour

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces