Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
Signs that you're a little too into H2G2 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you say yes to any of these?
  Yes
  No
View Results

wingnut the improbable

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:27 pm
layzy
wingnut the improbable
Lupe_Oceana
*People start telling you not to panic, not because they understand but because they know it will always, somehow, make you feel better. xd
And you say "Don't panic!" to others instead of "Don't worry" and other, less adequate phrases.

Once, we had to read an awful poem in English and then do an equally awful response to it. One of the questions was "How did the poem make you feel?". Then, I realized to my pleasant surprise, I had memorized the majority of the scene where Arthur and Ford are describing the Vogon Captain's poetry, so I wrote what I remembered from the scene. Thankfully, I have a very patient English teacher.

hehe ^_^ i likes that
Of course, I felt bad about writing that, so I wrote, "Sorry, I couldn't resist," and then wrote the actual answer.

But it was a terrible poem. Almost as bad as the Vogon poetry itself confused  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:17 pm
If you have extremely vivid dreams involving being on a quest with Ford to keep the higher-dimensional mice people from taking over the galaxy, and they've allied with robot penguins, and you seem to know Ford's real name- the one his dad gave him but he didn't learn to pronounce. So in this extremely vivid dream, you keep calling Ford this name he can't pronounce and it's driving him nuts. And when you wake up two things occur to you immediately- the robot penguins are a cross between the InfiniDim Guide and Ford-the-penguin, and you were just calling him Ix. Which happened to me last night.
And that's not the ridiculous thing, really. The ridiculous thing is that I was in a funk for half the morning over not having actually known Ford's real name.
And... tomorrow is Thursday! And my week's been bad enough already. You are also obsessed if it bothers you that your week has been bad so far and now it's Wednesday night and has not improved beyond having interesting dreams.

Lullabee

Timid Elocutionist

wingnut the improbable

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:52 am
Gyakuten no Megami
And... tomorrow is Thursday!
And now... today is Thursday! Happy Thursday, everyone! (again)  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:58 pm
Ironically, today is Thursday, and I had a horrible zarking day gonk -FIFTEEN- paper airplanes thrown at me during Biology. And that's the mildest thing!

My list of obbsessive obsessions about the Guide:

-I joygasm at the mention of 42
-I ask people if they know where their towel is
-My friend's have learned by now that if I say "Hey, you sass that hoopy ____? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!" that I'm doing them a great honor
-I firmly believe that dolphins are more intelligent than us
-When I'm loud with my friends during lunch, and a teacher asks us what we're doing, I say "I'm just trying to get home baby. The Betelguesian Trade Scouts should be coming by any minute.... Oh how I miss B-b-betelguese! *breaks down in pretend sobs*"
-I carry a towel with me at all times. (its hawaiin print!)
-I refer to my MTC Guide as my Bible (I'm a vocal atheist), and mourn the fact that I don't have an Ultimate Guide...YET
-When having to write 'Who's your hero?' essays in school, I choose either Ford, Zaphod, or Slartibartfast.
-I quote the guide like no one's business
-I routinely win in a competition with my friend about facts from the guide (He thought she was Eccentrica Galumbits, the -quadruple- breasted whore from Eroticon -three- gonk !!!!)

I'll post more later. I must depart! Good night all, and a happy end to yet another Thursday that we couldn't get the hang of! =)  

Whip It Out!

Super Radical

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:38 pm
I use Hoopy and Belgium all the time, and Zark and all of its forms as well. I also did a project in Art class about who my hero was, I said Douglas Adams xd It had 42 and Don't Panic in big Letters on it, and the background was a picture of the Galaxy I Painted mrgreen

I went to a Coldplay concert Thursday, I had seat 42 in row Y, on the top of the ticket it said "Y 42" which was amazingly awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:05 am
TenshiDarkAngel
-When I'm loud with my friends during lunch, and a teacher asks us what we're doing, I say "I'm just trying to get home baby. The Betelguesian Trade Scouts should be coming by any minute.... Oh how I miss B-b-betelguese! *breaks down in pretend sobs*"
Oh Zarquon, that is hilarious.

Another English class story (I'm not too sure if my English teacher likes me or hates me): We had to write a 'quote that represents us' in nice pretty letters so she can put them up on the bulletin, so I wrote 'I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by' (said, of course, by the late, great Douglas Adams). When she asked how that represents me, I said that 1. It represents my sense of humour, 2. It shows who my favourite author/hero is, and 3. It represents my view on deadlines (if I could be paid for procrastinating, I'd be rich enough to buy all of the planets orbiting Betelgeuse).

The surprising bit is she liked my quote.

Hm, speaking of procrastination, I have three geography assignments and an information technology assignment due tomorrow (ok, two of the geography assignments were due last Friday, but it wasn't my fault). Perhaps I should start working? Nah...

*Looks at Doubtful Salmon's Super Radical's post* Wow... seeing a concert a Coldplay concert nevertheless, you lucky space coyote on a Thursday in seat Y42! I envy you! even if it's only about the Coldplay concert  

wingnut the improbable

[Tetris.Ninja]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:12 am
~You know you're into Hitchikers too much when you glomp the random stranger downtown who has 'Don't Panic' written in large, friendly letters on his blackberry.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:53 am
psychotic emu
~You know you're into Hitchikers too much when you glomp the random stranger downtown who has 'Don't Panic' written in large, friendly letters on his blackberry.
Did you actually see someone with that? That is so cool!

I have it on my calculator, but somehow that's not the same...  

wingnut the improbable

GuffenCom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:13 pm
I have the "Ultimate Hitchikers guide to the galaxy" and a black t-shirt size xxl with the letters: "DON'T PANIC" on the back. White letter's ofcourse.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:42 pm
GuffenCom
I have the "Ultimate Hitchikers guide to the galaxy" and a black t-shirt size xxl with the letters: "DON'T PANIC" on the back. White letter's ofcourse.
I have a black t-shirt with "DON'T PANIC" on the front in the top right corner in white letters. My friend got it custom-made for me for my birthday. It was the coolest gift ever. biggrin I have the Ultimate Guide, too.  

wingnut the improbable

[Tetris.Ninja]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:10 pm
wingnut the improbable
psychotic emu
Did you actually see someone with that? That is so cool!

I have it on my calculator, but somehow that's not the same...

Yes I did, I found him at a rally protesting the occupation of Irak. xp
And yes, I did hug him.

I'll probably never see him again.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:12 pm
wingnut the improbable
GuffenCom
I have a black t-shirt with "DON'T PANIC" on the front in the top right corner in white letters. My friend got it custom-made for me for my birthday. It was the coolest gift ever. biggrin I have the Ultimate Guide, too.

I have a similar shirt, except it has a HP HBP spoiler written on it.
I can be a real a*****e when it's funny enough.  

[Tetris.Ninja]

Keres

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:51 pm
LOL, I think I'll be Marvin for halloween.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:36 pm
wingnut the improbable
3. It represents my view on deadlines (if I could be paid for procrastinating, I'd be rich enough to buy all of the planets orbiting Betelgeuse).

the only problem with that is that the people you worked for would probably also be procrastinators, and never send you your check on time, if they got around to it at all.  

mcm

Unstable Miharu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:43 pm
I am guilty almost all the ones from the first post. This is kinda sad.  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games