A place for anyone who enjoys a good book 

Tags: reading, writing, books, roleplay, discussion 

Reply Readers' and Writers' Guild
Dog-Earring Pages...What's Your Opinion? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dog-earring...Good, Bad...Or UGLY? (Or You?)
  It's a very good thing!
  It's a very bad thing!
  IT MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRAAAAHHHH
  I dog ear books!! Yay!
  I dog ear books-sorry :[ :[ :[
  (the infamous:) I like pie
View Results

teenroses

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:58 pm
Thanks much, all of you for replying!! I'll try to reduce my dog-earring!! :]  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:23 pm
No dog earing! gonk
bad bad bad xd  

soccerstars10

teenroses

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:34 am
soccerstars10
No dog earing! gonk
bad bad bad xd

awesome!! mkay ill try!!! xd  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:16 pm
User Image

I dislike dog earing. I used to do it, when I was a kid... I don't remember when I stopped. It just annoys me.

User Image

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

olive17

5,650 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:17 pm
I don't want my books to have the corners all folded up, and I would never do something like that to someone else's book.

So I almost never dog-ear, I use bookmarks. The only exception to this is that last year I dog-eared my student planner a million times so that I could find the current week. It wasn't an extremely efficient method, either, because with all the little folds for every single week, it was difficult to flip straight to the page I wanted. Dx

This year, though, we have a little clip-in transparent bookmark/ruler, so I am spared from having to fold up the pages all weird. =D  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:34 am
If everyone started dog-earing popular books at the library the books would start looking terribly shabby. Not sure I would want to have to read a copy of something that looks as though its been through a lawn mower. I would never do that to a book I didn't own. On occasion I make very light pencil marks on my own books if there is something I need to come back to, but thats it.  

Mishi Love

Benevolent Loiterer

10,275 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Object of Affection 150

iMythy

5,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:22 pm
NAY I SAY!!!
NEIN!
NICHT!
NUNCA!

Dog-earing ruins the books, and I actually like to keep mine in prestine condition. I freak out if I accidentally bend a page or find a crease...

It just...bothers me...

So I say no to dog-earing books...

SORRY ALL DOG-EARING BOOK READERS!!
You won't see me dog-earing anytime soon. =D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:20 pm
I'm not gonna lie, I HATE it when people dog ear books. Like imagine someone was talking to you, and then they just fold your lip up a little bit so they can go do something else. That's what its like if you were a book.

Although, those really little ones don't bother me quite as much as those that go into the text. Those are the ones that infuriate me.

P.S. I'm not crazy!  

the howie

5,050 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100

JaelValentine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:25 pm
I dog- ear my books sometimes, but only to my own personal books. I don't really mind when other people do it. What bothers me is when people lick their fingers before turning the page....  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:38 pm
JaelValentine
I dog- ear my books sometimes, but only to my own personal books. I don't really mind when other people do it. What bothers me is when people lick their fingers before turning the page....

Ugh, I hate that! It's disgusting and pretty pointless. And noisy. It bugs me when I'm reading in a library and someone keeps doing that.  

penandpaper67
Captain

iRlydntcare

5,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:52 pm
I dog-earred books just a couple months ago, but I now prefer to use bookmarks. I dislike how raggedy it makes my books look.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:51 am
Dog earing is the reason no one can borrow my books anymore. Nearly anyone and everyone I let borrow one of my books would dog ear it to the point that corners were tearing or they would fold in on themselves.

I've always used bookmarks and they never fall out unless some jerk threw my book, it was pulled out, or I dropped the book and it happened to fall out.

hmm basically if you're going to dog ear a book, it better be one that I'd never read. I slightly infamous for chewing out people who dog ear XD  

Sqweebers

5,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Felix Avis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:34 pm
I've never ever dog-eared a book in my life. 3nodding
Not that it bugs me, because usually I don't notice it unless it's on the text. Maybe because I'm so involved in the book. So, anyway, it doesn't bother me, I've never done it, I pretty much just don't think about it much.
But licking your fingers to read a book is just plain scream .
It's pointless. I did it once in like, 1st grade because I saw a teacher do it.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:14 pm
olive17
I don't want my books to have the corners all folded up, and I would never do something like that to someone else's book.

So I almost never dog-ear, I use bookmarks. The only exception to this is that last year I dog-eared my student planner a million times so that I could find the current week. It wasn't an extremely efficient method, either, because with all the little folds for every single week, it was difficult to flip straight to the page I wanted. Dx

This year, though, we have a little clip-in transparent bookmark/ruler, so I am spared from having to fold up the pages all weird. =D

Awesome!! I guess I'll have to find one of those, because one of the main reasons that I (uh, regretfully?) dog ear books is because the bookmarks can fallout easily. =]  

teenroses

quirk rays

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:16 am
I do not dog-ear my pages. I never have.
I never will.
If someone dog-earred my book, I'd just about go hysterical.
I wouldn't dare dog-ear anyone's book, unless it was my teacher's. {I can't stand my reading teacher.)
I will use anything flat as a bookmark.
And it's so weird, because as I was reading What's in a Name yesterday, I was thinking about this.
I had just started it and reached over when I got to page 43 to my brother's end table and grabbed a Yu-Gi-Oh card.
I stuck it in.
The thing is.. I have this obbsession. I can't frequently change bookmarks.
And then I have to keep the bookmark whether it be a really tiny little scrap of a corner or a Pokemon card, I have to use it for ANOTHER book.
It's so friggen weird.
Anyway, I say "No" to dog-earring.

Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas