Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
I HATE WHEN PEOPLE CHANGE USERNAMES!!!!!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

courtesy to friends is nice

View Results

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:21 am

Some people just put their old username in their signature. That seems to work out rather well, especially if the avi is still similar (colors/style) to what it was under the old name.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:12 pm
Yeah putting the new name in the signature really helps to let people know who you are ^_^ Most people seem to do that nowadays seeing as you can't just PM all your friends  

churrlo

dddaren

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:16 pm
Like 2 of my friends did it, but I knew who they were w/o them telling me. Maybe that's because I don't have much friends so it's easy for me to see what's different and who's missing from my friendlist.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:34 pm
yeah.
really annoying.
i accidentally deleted a friend because of that.

i changed my username before.
but that was like, when my account was about a year or two years old.
and it was ellyc520
ellyn sounded much better.
and that'd be really ridiculous if people couldn't put two and two together and figure 'hey it's that ellyc520 chick'

Ellyn

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:19 am
haha yea I thought for a long time about changing my username straight up to TSN but I just... I dunno, I've changed it once but that was long before I started talking to any of the friends I now have so it isn't an issue but I'm not sure I wanna deal with it again. xD  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:13 pm
churrlo
Yeah putting the new name in the signature really helps to let people know who you are ^_^ Most people seem to do that nowadays seeing as you can't just PM all your friends

It'd work if people didn't turn their account so they can't see signitures.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

d i m i r h e x

7,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:52 pm
Don't be hatin', yo!
I've changed my username a lot, but unlike some I had the decency to tell my friends.
I have been on this site since 2005, and since that year I have changed, my likes, and dislikes, and with that came newer interests, and better ideas, so I change my username as I change, and you guys shouldn't disrespect people like that.
I can understand if they change, and don't tell which is why some of you are complaining, and you have every right...still people can change their usernames, and not be rude about it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:59 pm

WTF? eek TSN?

*kidnaps TSN- ninja

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Slytherin Lord

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:33 am
i think gaia should also send the friends of the person saying your friend _____ just changed their name to _______  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff