Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Summer Blockbuster Movies Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which of these movies have you watched?
  Iron Man
  Indiana Jones 4
  Kung Fu Panda
  Prince Caspian
  Sex and the City
  The Dark Knight
  Hulk
  Hancock
  All(some) of the above or others
  none!
View Results

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:44 am
Is The Dark Knight the Batman one with the freaky Joker person in it?? >.< He looks horrible.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:18 pm
What, you don't like the Joker? eek He was by far the best character in the whole movie! scream Anyway he's supposed to look scary and unappealing-viewers aren't meant to sympathize with him. They're supposed to be horrified and shocked by his utterly insane and chaotic nature.

*spoiler!* The guy that people will sympathize with the most in TDK turns out to be the one character who looks scarier than the Joker. *end spoiler* ninja  

Minielf

Tokioka

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:38 pm
@t0sh: No. ( -____- )

@Souma-chan: I reckon the high sales of Dark Knight may have been boosted partly due to Heath's death. It's funny how the media works. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:36 pm
Minielf

*spoiler!* The guy that people will sympathize with the most in TDK turns out to be the one character who looks scarier than the Joker. *end spoiler* ninja

and this spoiler was too predictable to me... XD

haha.. well, i wouldnt lie.. i did watch it coz of heath ledger... XD sweatdrop

but partially becoz everyone said it was frickin awesome.. 3nodding blaugh  

soumakisa

mymiridon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:33 pm
lol, My friend was at a concert and people were texting things on to the screen and this does have to do with The Dark Knight:

"I believe in Harvey Dent!"
"Orly?"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:37 am
Saw the film last night and I have to say it was really good. Definitely didn't disappoint. biggrin

*spoilers aplenty*

A few slight criticisms though:
- I wanted the film to show more violence, gore even. Like the bit where the Joker cuts Gamble's (black gangster) cheek. Especially after watching Pan's Labyrinth where you actually get to see the girl cut the general's cheek. Maybe an uncensored DVD version will have it in the extras? >.< *is clearly a sadistic manboy*
- The bit where Bruce comes into the fundraiser on his helicopter with 3 skanky supermodels was just a little too cheesy. stare
It worked in Iron Man but DK wasn't really as joky and light-hearted. Except for the pencil joke! LOL! rofl
- I also didn't like how Two-Face was introduced and then killed off(?) so quickly in the film. I'd have preferred him to have featured in the next film as the main antagonist, instead of a mere side villain (like Venom in Spiderman 3).
- Finally, I wish they'd given Heath even more screen time lol. He was great! Now I'm kinda sad that he died. So much talent wasted... emo *snif*

The rest of it was sweet as a nut. mrgreen  

Tokioka

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:56 pm
User Image

'ELFY, PLEASE PUT SPOILERS IN WHITE TEXT. WE'VE HAD THIS DISCUSSION BEFORE. -edits your post & souma's quote-

Toki, I have to agree with you. *
and yeah, the pencil joke was awesome.. xD and also I agree that two-face should've been left to the next film & they should've focused more on Heath's joker. ;__;*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:51 pm
Yeah, elfy. cool *sniggers*

@Niph: Mm hmm. If they'd fixed it up just a little bit, maybe made it a 15 (at the cost of revenue), I reckon it would've been an absolute classic. I'd say right now it's a flawed classic. But only slightly. 3nodding  

Tokioka

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:06 pm
User Image

There would've been enough revenue anyway with loads of people going simply for Heath.. xP  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:20 pm
Yeh but Hollywood is greedy. You can never have too much revenue. rolleyes  

Tokioka

Minielf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:58 pm
Niphz
User Image

'ELFY, PLEASE PUT SPOILERS IN WHITE TEXT. WE'VE HAD THIS DISCUSSION BEFORE. -edits your post & souma's quote-

Toki, I have to agree with you. *
and yeah, the pencil joke was awesome.. xD and also I agree that two-face should've been left to the next film & they should've focused more on Heath's joker. ;__;*

Sorry. I didn't think my post gave anything really major away. ninja It's not like Liani would know who I'm talking about unless she's a fan of Batman comics.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:14 pm
so did heath ledger die in the middle of filming or post production? Because if it was in the middle that might be why he didn't get much screentime.  

mymiridon

Tokioka

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:57 am
mymiridon
so did heath ledger die in the middle of filming or post production? Because if it was in the middle that might be why he didn't get much screentime.

He died after the filming was complete. Before his death he even started acting in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

Wikipedia
Ledger had completed half of his final film performance as Tony in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus at the time of his death, on January 22, 2008.

On the contrary, he did actually get a large amount of screentime in DK, I just wanted more because it was pretty much his final film.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:28 am
Btw, has anyone seen Forbidden Kingdom? Thoughts?  

Tokioka

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:31 am
User Image

Nope~ D;

Apparently three other actors - inc Johnny Depp! - are going to play various parts of Heath's character in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus..

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff